Create Account

Bandencheck - Sam Conroy Diary (Part 1)
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2022, 06:49 AM by Dean_Melanson. Edited 1 time in total.)

Dean Melanson, Sam Conroys Manager, negotiated a media Deal with the german hockey magazine "BandenCheck" about a daily diary blog at
their online magazine. You can read it here:

09-12-2022 Arrived in Toronto. My first day at the SMJHL. I am not sure to which team i fall in the waiver system. I had some good talks to other teams too who wasnt aware, like me too, about the waiver system. Anyway thank you for this nice conversation and warm welcome in the league. I am very pleased how i got treated by everyone here since i travelled from germany. Toronto is a great city, maybe i ahve some time for sightseeing. Melanson is getting me a gym at the near of my Hotel.

10-12-2022 After i had lifted some wheigts and doing a run i had some time to visit some places here in Toronto. I visited all around the CN Tower and the Royal Ontario Museum. Had a phone call to my friend at home in Bochum. Everything is okay. Soccer is winter brea, they are all out for xmas markets.

11-12-2022 The media around are chirping that Kelwona, Great Falls and St. Louis are in the mix to claim me. Nice Cities. I would love to play everywhere, no matter if it would be in canada or the usa. I am very nervous and cant wait to train with my new team then. Now i had a session here in Toronto with former NHL Goalie Jamie McLennan. Was a fun day and he told me much about his work with the media too.

12-12-2022 Signing Day! Not a team i mentioned yesterday claimed me. The claim came from CM Aleks from the Vancouver Whalers! What a honour for me to play for this franchise with a great tradition. Melanson is booking the flights now. We will get to Vancouver today! Yaaay!

13-12-2022 We met with GM Alex and the coaches at morning and i signed my contract! Man! So much money! 3 Million Dollars! But i wont spent much of it. getting it on the bank for training and the time after my carreer.

14-12-2022 Dean Melanson was asked to write two Deep Dives about other teams for the smjhl media. He choosed the worst team in the standings, the kelowna knighs, and the best team in the standings, the detroit falcons. Every Dive had at least 500 words. The Kelowna one was rated fast and he got his full honorar for it. I had some extra training today, purchased from my contract money.

15-12-2022 Was in a NHL Pub today and we talked their about the Calgary Flames... Are thy really a contender? Huberdau is underperforming.. When i see what Thachuk is doing in Florida... who has won the trade at this point? Had my first games under my belt. I will tell you tomorrow about it!

16-12-2022 After 5 games i played i am not satisfied with my performance. But i think i need some time to really arrive in this league. 1 Win and two losses with a SV% from 0,846 isnt really good. My target here is at least 0.900. I will train hard and think will be rewardet the next weeks.

17-12-2022 Got some back pain this morning. I went to the pyhsiotherapist and got a hard massage. Now its really better. I have to work on my warm up to be more patient with my back-muscles. He gave me some good advices and drills i can make every day. I think that will hepl me a lot.

18-12-2022 Early this day i got a meeting with the local newspaper, the vancouver times, about our chances and goals in this years smjhl playoffs. I told them that the team is on fore and willing to fullfil the wonder to beat the St. Louis Scarecrows. But this will cost 120% effort of everyone in every Game

19-12-2022 The Backpain is back again. maybe i have made to much of the drills the physio has shown me. Sometimes i am not patient enough. Got an injection in the muscle now and now i am painless. i hope this wouldnt get chronical. Got good feedback from my manager Dean for my interview yesterday. Some Fans wrote good about it in social media too. I am glad about this, because i wasnt really sure.

20-12-2022 Lost the first three of our games. I played the backup and had one good game as replacement of our starting goalie. The second game wasnt as good. But the fans here in vancouver are unbelievable and cheered for us all night. Great tailgate party in front of our arena. Proud to play in front of this hockey loving people.

21-12-2022 A little bit of hope now to turn the series around after our 5-4 victory in the last game. The first playoff win of my team. Its a hard way to go and we have to get this type of hockey on the ice every game. Then we will get our chances. The Crows are very gritty and we have to stay with playing hard nosed hockey.

22-12-2022 All dreams are over. After a dramatic fight in Game 5 the Scarecrows kicked us out of the playoff tree and now are heading to nevada for their quest for the cup. I cant blame the team, they left all on the ice and played there butts off. It will take a few days to lick our wounds and take our sights to Season 69. But we learned al lot of a team and in the last 3 games the front office could see what potential this team has. i loved that there werent any bad words in the locker after the loss. Winning together, Losing together... This is why we name it Team. (1004 words)

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: “Only God knows who will go through....” --- Reporter: “It’s hard to ask him.” --- Zlatan: “You’re talking to him.”

It's hard for every goalie in this league, even those who are in their last year in the J.
It will really depend on your team and not really on your training (tpe), but it can help.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]