Create Account

Leatherneckmike pre draft (informational)

Hello SHL GM’s! Since we are nearing the end of the season I figure the idea of the draft may be starting to creep in to people’s minds in war rooms around the SHL so I figured i’d just write this and clear up a couple things before scouting starts and answer the most basic questions there would be to save everyone a bit of time (although i certainly appreciate the reach out).

I do want a full career this time.

Last time I was J only, not the case this time. I do want a full SHL career, I am here for the long haul.

Max earning

My intent as of now is to max earn, I have a backup updater job and am doing as much as I can in that job and may  try to add another once I figure out exactly in dollars and cents how much being a backup updater will pay me for the season. I know I only have 10 million right now and I'm buoyant based on twitter money and WT’s being cheap as a rookie but I should be able to buy everything long term (i'm gonna try anyway).

Player want

I don’t really have this, like, oh I have to score 100000 goals mentality. I think it’d be kinda cool to lead the league in assists at my peak.. So I guess assisting is the goal? I’d like to be a play making center. Yes, I would like to stay at center, but if a GM came and explained why I shouldn't and it made sense to me i’d be open to moving to a wing.

International

I actually think this is really cool and am looking forward to playing for team USA. I know this isn’t exactly draft scouting related but I know people switch nationalities here, so just in case a IIHF head happens to wander past this. I do wanna play for Team USA. Campin is a former PBE teammate and Chevy is a guy I love playing for in GFG and would like to play for on team USA too!

Me things

I shitpost a lot, but at the end of the day this time i just wanna chill out and have a full fun career. I’m a Majors GM in PBE so I have plenty over there to be pissed off about now. I know the scouting media last time bugged people but I tend to over zealous. So I understand why. I do think scouting is really important though, just expressed it in a me way and I don’t talk like most people.

Where to play

I don’t really care. I can’t really find a team looking at the forum that I have a GM that I have issues with. Rashford and Canadice probably aren’t gonna start my fanclub cause SSL, but even then I don’t really mind. It’s not a personal issue…. Well with me anyway.

Things you may have heard

I’ll be blunt. I’ve found with me things go 2 ways in sim leagues. If you don’t know me well you hate me and think I'm scum. If you get to know me, have me on your team, play for me.. Etc. We become good friends and folks really like having me around. The guy who just took the CO-GM jobs at the minors team in PBE I love dearly and just left hated my guts since I got to PBE. We buried the hatchet and have re-visited all those issues and have talked it out and get along great now. It’s happened plenty of times. Whatever people are gonna tell you about X from SSL or how bad they hated the pooping bush (U-tree spoof) media from 10 seasons ago in PBE. When I actually get in the team you’ll probably find your personal mileage will vary greatly. So I wouldn’t read into what you hear so bad, AND if what you do hear concerns you. Come say hi and let’s talk about it. I would love to go in the first round and I think I might have the resume to do so and I’d hate for past stuff to be what sinks me and not have the chance to explain it or establish a relationship. I work off whatever I see on my end and don’t have full knowledge of everyone here and I know it’s how all of you work too in the end (try as we might, we can only work on knowledge we have, for better or worse).

Down in the J.

I’m not really sure how long I want to be down, however long it is for me not to be terrible in the SHL is my answer basically haha. I know what that threshold is in PBE but I haven’t the faintest idea what it is here so i’ll be looking around for advice and indication.

So yeah, come chat!

I think that’s got it covered. Im #4 in the class and I intend to try and keep it that way throughout my career.

I hope I explained things decently and covered some of the super basics I can think of off the top of my head. Looking forward to hearing from all you guys and your team  plans and futures!

Have a good day!

(928 words RTG)

Draft this man.

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Thanks for all this, this will really help us Smile

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
 [Image: 5tu6.png] [Image: bdzv.jpeg]

12-20-2022, 09:42 AMAnthique Wrote: Thanks for all this, this will really help us Smile

Hoping so! I know the class is like 60+ deep with players considered active and good golly would that suck to scout if you didn't have an absolute army of people working with you. So one max active discovered may help.

12-21-2022, 05:33 PMLeatherneckmike Wrote:
12-20-2022, 09:42 AMAnthique Wrote: Thanks for all this, this will really help us Smile

Hoping so! I know the class is like 60+ deep with players considered active and good golly would that suck to scout if you didn't have an absolute army of people working with you. So one max active discovered may help.

You're not fooling me, I know you suck

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2022, 08:56 PM by Leatherneckmike.)

12-21-2022, 07:53 PMCampinKiller Wrote:
12-21-2022, 05:33 PMLeatherneckmike Wrote: Hoping so! I know the class is like 60+ deep with players considered active and good golly would that suck to scout if you didn't have an absolute army of people working with you. So one max active discovered may help.

You're not fooling me, I know you suck

Sad Sad

Stinky

[Image: sobchak.png]