Create Account

Team World S73 WJC GM Sign Off

World To The Watchers of the World  World

Thank you to all those supported Team World this WJC. I’d like to thank the players for giving it their all. You made my first foray into managing an absolute blast and I hope to work with you again in the future. Of course, we always strive for success, but hopefully you all had fun before we go into another SHL/SMJHL Season.

We managed to go 3-6-3 over the triple round robin and will not be moving on to the playoff stage, but I wish the best of luck to our competitors, particularly our sister team in Ice. To Teams Canada, British Isles, Ice and Sweden, good luck in the playoffs and represent our group well, despite my nephew Langston Hardison-Laurent playing for Team North America.

Due to the failure to attain a playoff berth, we will be having serious conversations with Poot Mehin in regard to his coaching duties. We understand that Mehin is new to coaching and that learning on the job on the world stage is difficult for anyone. That being said, we found the strategies implemented by Poot Mehin to be unacceptable and confusing. The opening matches of the tournament had jumbled lines and messed up strategies that took near the entire round robin to recover from and even then, left us in 5th place in a 5-team race. We will keep you updated on the future plans moving forward with Coach Poot Mehin. Who cares that we found this guy relieving himself on the side of a bar while spouting hockey nonsense, surely, he is blame.

A few quick shoutouts, starting with Sunrise Van De Schubbekutteveen who led the entire WJC round robin in points with 17 and also led in goals with 9 in 12 games. Brock Samson was tied for the 3rd most assists in the round robin and Valerija Serapin had the best shooting percentage with 42.86%, over 11% better than the next player. Samson also had the second most hits with 30. In true acts of selflessness, Valerija Serapin (39) and Unspeakable Horror (48) also made the top ten in shots blocked. On the goalie side, Stun Gun also had a whopping 266 saves. Finally, I want to give a special shoutout to our players for whom this was their first chance to play at this level in Andrade La Sombre, Mia Lavoie and Bean Beanman, Jr. Welcome to juniors and good luck in the Draft!

Thank you to those that came to us via loan. We sincerely hope that in the future you will be able to play under your own regional or national banner as the GMs of those regions will not be able to overlook how talented you are. To our rising players, good luck in the SHL and we enjoyed having you in the J.

So again, thank you to Andrade La Sombra, Bartholomew Chungus Gingersnap III, Bean Beanman, Jr., Brandon Gilleyes, Brock Samson, Cracker Pizza, Five-Hole Sieve, Jean-Francois Bokassa, Jimothee Penjiman, Luma Lee, Mia Lavoie, Mikkel Enevoldsen, Sabage Cabage, Sad Ketchup, Shawn Pawn, Stun Gun, Sunrise van de Schubbekutteveen, Tony Blundetto, Unspeakable Horror, and Valerija Serapin.

It was an absolute pleasure to work with these talented players over the past few weeks and it helped immensely with my own first time as a GM. I don’t know If I will be returning to any international play as a GM or when it would be, but this was truly as a great time for me, and I hope you all had fun as well.

Sincerely,
Jack Ster @Jexter
General Manager – Team World World

[Image: F84OPdM.jpeg]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig