Create Account

Dale Murphy Report-MTL/PHI close game

Hey everyone it's Dale Murphy! I really should be doing a better job at having some sense or reasoning towards when I write these articles, but what can we do. Need some cash, so it's coming our today.

In a really close game a few nights ago, the Philadelphia Forge went on the road to Montreal. A bit of a plane ride, but not too bad. There they would take on the Montreal Patriots. 

The Forge elected to start Mr. Plow in net, rather than regular starter BASE PACK, an interesting choice given the Patriots excellent team would make you think you would want your best players out there.

And not to surprise, the scoring started early. Just 51 seconds in, the Forge struck first from Graj Virrok, the leading goal scorer on the Forge, assists from Ricky Koviu, who is second on the team in assists, and Cale Salad, the team assist leader.

At around the midpoint of the first, Nibbles the Squirrel made in 2-0 from Salad (again!) and Nathaniel Barca. Barca leads the Forge defenders in points.

Sam-Sam Emerson added to lead from Barca and Salad. Yes, that is Salad's third point of the night. By the way, it's just 12:51 into the first.

Barg Hazbite made in 4-0 from Johnny Shuffleboard and Gnabe Dobson. Dobson and Hazbite are the wingers on the third line, centered by Tony Sparono. But it's a really good third line. Shuffleboard in just his second season in the league.

Ricky Koviu thought the game was too close, so he made in 5-0 from Evil AllBran and Red Kirkby. That's the second line scoring all together. How nice.

And for good measure, Gnabe Dobson scoring twice in the span of 5 seconds, the first from Kirkby and Emerson, the second from Antonio Flusso and Tony Sparono (go defenders!!).

So at 7-0, the teams went to the locker room for the first intermission.

Did I say the game was close??

Well I lied.

The final score would be 16-1. I would like to congratulate the great Anthony Simmons the Second for his big PPG at the start of the third to cut the lead to just 10-1 at the time, but the Forge came back with 6 unanswered, including a huge goal from Ricky Koviu (from Shuffleboard and Kirkby) in the final minute.

Okay, sorry to the Patriots and their fanbase for his elongated recap of the game. There is a bright future in Montreal. But the present is even brighter in Philly.

This has been the Dale Murphy report
Brought to you by Pepsi

Signing off,
Dale Murphy
----------------
437 words

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]