Create Account

New Blood in Montreal (2x Draft Media)

Fresh off of the SHL draft, Montreal media were keen to interview some of the new faces joining the prospect pool. Without further ado, here is an exclusive chat with Chopper Donquixote, 33OA pick in the S76 SHL draft.  Patriotes
Please give 100% of the pay to @amjohnson636, none for me!

Q: Bonjour, it’s great to have you in Montreal Chopper! How have these last few days been for you, pretty hectic? How’s your French?

Chopper: Bonjour (this is all I know other than wee wee (may have spelled that wrong too))! Last few days have been great! Feels like the province of Quebec is a whole different country than Canada! Loving it here and definitely getting used to the new culture and such. I think that I will really like it here with the climate and I know Montreal is home to many die hard fans. While I am still in the J right now I cannot wait to make my way up North to colder climates with less gambling around, the black jack table here in Vegas has really got the best of me.

Q: Despite being taken in the second round, you were actually Montreal’s 5th pick of the draft! Obviously you have a teammate coming with you from Nevada, but what are your thoughts on the other players joining the Patriotes from your draft class?

Chopper: First things first JFK is a natural leader and I cannot wait to work alongside him. Personally I believe that we drafted two players worthy of going first overall and we are compiling a super team of youth. Death Klaw is a beauty on the ice and to look at for sure. It’s skincare routine is something that is very impressive and I’d highly recommend asking about it. Fraser was definitely worth the hype and I think Fraser will bring in a new wave of hockey here in MTL. Going first overall is a big deal and I understand those can be very big shoes to fill. My goal is to help the team in any way that I can. Hopefully by wearing down the other team with my physicality in order to allow for our more technical players to find open ice and rip it past the tendie. We have added great depth even in the later rounds where players are often over looked.

Q: In the playoffs your team went out in the second round against Quebec, a team that holds two Montreal fan-favorite future prospects in Demir Bellona and Song Ju-gong. Having competed against them in such a tough series, how excited are you to play alongside them in a few seasons’ time?

Chopper: While I am still slightly bitter about our early exit it’s hard not to respect how great Quebec is in the J. The whole team is a unit and we were pretty lucky to make it by the Elk in the first place. Our ability to play Quebec close really forced their players to not brush us off and I think that really revealed the grit that Bellona and Ju-gong play with. That kind of dedication is something that anyone can appreciate. Admittedly, it’ll be very nice to have them on my side this go around rather than looking for another opportunity to smash Bellona into the glass or to dust Ju-gong. Hopefully they’ll forgive me for my chirpy nature as I’m sure they’ll see the benefit to it once we get up to the big leagues.

Q: I know you’ve only been with the team for a short time, but are there any other players you’ve bonded with? What do you make of the group in Montreal so far?

Chopper: Ju-gong and I have gotten along great. I think that all the tendies from my past appreciated me as an enforcer on the ice. I’m very big on the “under no circumstances touch my goalie principle” and I have no fear of dropping the gloves if someone would like to test me on that. I’ve spoken many praises on JFK in the past so I won’t go too into detail but in short he is great and having someone from the J to come up with in the future is very exciting. Death Klaw is hard to communicate with being well, Death Klaw and all but I think the screams that have been directed my way were positive so I’ll take that as a W. 

Q: Obviously the team here is in quite the rebuild, and a few seasons off being competitive again. How much do you plan to watch your future teammates battle it out the next few teams, versus simply focusing on your pursuit for a cup in Nevada?

Chopper: Right now my goal is to improve myself and my game as much as possible. Of course when I am able to I’ll be watching MTL and I plan on being a very active voice within the locker room. The new blood will slowly work our way into the SHL which is the biggest goal of all. Right now Montreal is at the bottom of the league and it’s our job to put ourselves in a situation to where that doesn’t happen while we are on the team. I’m very excited to play but admittedly most of my attention will be on Nevada for now.

Q: What can you tell Patriote fans about your game that they may not know, what are some of your strengths, not just on the ice, but off of it as well?

Chopper: Well if they haven’t seen any of the J fighting highlights I would highly recommend fans go watch the fights from last year as I think that will speak volumes about what I can bring to the table. I’m slowly and steadily building up the technical side of my game to be a two way center that can lay the wood on either side of the ice and give my opponents a fresh feeling of plexiglass to their face. Of course physicality isn’t everything and I want to ensure that I can play more of a shot blocking role as I know Montreal will need the help on defense.

Q: Thanks for your time Chopper! Do you have any comments you’d like to make, any shout outs or things you’d like to make public for the fans in Montreal?

Chopper: Watch One Piece. It’s the greatest show of all time.

Once again, all pay to Chopper Donquixote, none to me

HUGE Chopper fan! GL in MTL and please don't fight me.

[Image: jovera.gif]

[Image: tZH05l4.png]

Great article, @Puppy and @amjohnson636 - I had to split the pay though as you cannot leave 100% of it to somebody not posting the article.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!