Create Account

IIHF Gold Medal Game is Here (2x Media)

Hey everyone it's Dale Murphy for one last report from Norway! The IIHF has reached the final game and I am here to report on it!

I also would like to gloat about my perfect, 2-0 record in picking the semifinal winners. After the disaster that was the quarters, I am happy to be back at .500 (3-3).

Bronze Medal Game: 8. France  Czechia vs. 4. IrelandIreland

The Underdog: France showed some great resiliency having come back from down 2-0 in the third to tie up the semifinal against the Swedes, but at a point they just aren't as talented as the other teams here. It has been a nice cinderella run.

The Favorite: The Irish got trounced by Canada. Ouch.

My pick: Ireland 7 France 3

I think the French run ends here with an FHM trouncing.

Gold Medal Game: 7. Canada Canada vs. 3. SwedenSweden

The Underdog: Wow did Canada have a nice win over the Irish. A 5-1 win that took the Irish into the 3rd period scoreless? A game never in doubt? A truly great job by Canada. Now they are one win from gold. Nathanial Barca has 4 apples on the game. An amazing player, and of course plays for the amazing Forge during the regular season.

The Favorite: The Swedes come in from a bit of tighter game, having blown a 2-0 lead in the third, but were able to get the game winner and then two empty netters to secure the 5-2 win. They outshot the French 38-26.

My Pick: Canada 5 Sweden 4

Hurts to say it as an American, but I'm picking our Northern neighbor.
---
276 words, 2x media

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]