Create Account

Interview with MattyJ: From Newfoundland to Edmonton [2x Draft]

Interview with MattyJ: From Newfoundland to Edmonton

Interviewer: Hey there, hockey fans! Today, we have the pleasure of chatting with the talented left winger, MattyJ, freshly drafted from the Newfoundland Berserkers to the Edmonton Blizzard in the Simulation Hockey League draft. MattyJ, first off, congratulations on being drafted! How does it feel to be joining the Blizzard?

MattyJ: Hey, thanks a lot! It's an absolute honor to be selected by the Edmonton Blizzard. I mean, who wouldn't be thrilled to join a line of @cake307 and @bobdigi9? There are some slight issues however, the name Baker Midfield has been thrown around a lot. That is quite disappointing to hear. I won't say who states this but it is their GM, @HabsFanFromOntario

Interviewer: That's great to hear. I am also sorry they are putting you through that traumatic experience. Now, tell us a bit about your time with the Newfoundland Berserkers. What is it like playing for them, and how do you think those experiences will translate to your new team?

MattyJ: Ah, the Berserkers, what a team. Playing for Newfoundland has been an incredible experience. I had the chance to learn from some seasoned veterans and really fine-tune my game. I likely have 3 more seasons with them to really heighten my skill. I'm bringing that grit and determination from Newfoundland with me to the Blizzard, no doubt about it.

Interviewer: Sounds like you've got the right mindset for the big leagues! Now, let's talk about your playing style. What can Blizzard fans expect to see from you on the ice?

MattyJ: Well, I like to think of myself as a versatile player. A true two-way left wing. I'm not just about scoring goals (although who does not love lighting the lamp). I take pride in my defensive game too. Blocking shots, throwing hits, you name it. And hey, if the team needs a spark, I'm always ready to drop the gloves and mix it up a bit. Nobody has wanted to drop the mitts in the J yet, not because it is coded to never happen, but because they are intimidated. When I'm out there, I'm giving 110% every shift, and I'm gonna do whatever it takes to help the Blizzard bring home those wins.

Interviewer: Love the enthusiasm, Matty! Now, looking ahead to the upcoming season, what are your goals and expectations for your rookie year in the SHL?

MattyJ: Could you not call me Matty. There is a J at the end. It is really simple. Thank you. I've got big dreams. First and foremost, I wanna make an impact right out of the gate. Whether it's putting pucks in the net, setting up my teammates, or throwing my body around, I wanna show the league what I'm made of. And of course, I'm aiming to help the Blizzard make a deep playoff run. The Blizzard will be back in no time. Nothing beats the thrill of chasing that championship, and I'll do everything I can to bring it home to Edmonton. I came close in my first season with Newfoundland, and I will chase that high the rest of my career. I will never come up that short again.

Interviewer: I sincerely apologize, Mr. MattyJ sir. Let's dive a bit deeper into your journey. What inspired you to pursue hockey, and are there any players or teams that you've looked up to throughout your career?

MattyJ: Oh, you know, growing up in Tampa Bay, hockey was just part of the culture. It is a hockey town. But I'd say my biggest inspiration has always been from the Enforcers in Super Blood Hockey.  They are legends in the game and can really do it all. They inspired me to pick up hockey. As for real players and teams, I look up to no one. I model my game after no one. Having idols shows weakness.

Interviewer: That's okay to hear, MattyJ. Now, looking ahead to your second season, are there any specific areas of your game that you're focusing on improving, or any aspects of the SMJHL that surprised you?

MattyJ: Oh, for sure! I'm always looking to improve. Right now, I'm really focusing on my speed and agility. The SHL is a whole different beast compared to the juniors, so I wanna make sure I'm ready to keep up when I am eventually called up. I also want to tone my defensive game to make sure I am ready to compete with some really good offensive minded players.  Nothing in the league has surprised me too much. There are just some talented players on every single team. I am ready to compete with the best of the best this season. In order to bring the Berserkers the cup, I know I'll have to bring my A-game every night.

Interviewer: Before we wrap up, MattyJ, let's talk about team dynamics. Building chemistry with your linemates is crucial in hockey. Have you had the chance to connect with any of your future teammates yet, and how do you plan to contribute to the camaraderie within the Blizzard locker room?

MattyJ: Absolutely! Connecting with my future teammates has been a top priority for me. I've already had some great conversations with a few of the players, and let me tell you, the Blizzard locker room is already starting to feel like family. As for fostering that sense of unity, it starts with respecting Baker Mayfield. @HabsFanFromOntario Once we all realize he is our savior, that unity will appear overnight. Sorry, I got off track a little. I'm definitely all about building those bonds and creating a tight-knit team that's ready to battle together every night.

Interviewer: That's the spirit, Matty! With your dedication and determ.....

MattyJ: It is MattyJ, b****. I am out.

Interviewer: Well MattyJ has left the studio. But as I was saying, with his dedication and determination, there's no doubt he will make a big angry impact in the SHL. I do thank him for taking the time to chat with us today, and best of luck to him this season.

MattyJ stormed out of the recording studio slamming doors and throwing things all over the place. The cops were called, but he was long gone. His outbreak is causing some discussions among SHL fans. Some are calling for suspension or expulsion from the league. The commissioners are set to have a meeting but there is likely no punishment in place. Blizzard fans seem to love it though, they are fired up to have that anger and grit on the ice. 

The interviewer has been relieved of his duties. Nobody disrespects MattyJ.

1105 words.

[Image: mattyj.png]

This is the Baker Midfield of interviewers

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]