Create Account

THE S15 SHL AWARDS SHOW

Quote:Originally posted by McGraw@Dec 3 2013, 08:26 PM
[Image: Ovechkin-550x391.jpg]

McGraw is here...I have a few extra dates, who wants one?
Agante will take #4
Meb will take #8

Quote:Originally posted by Wadester@Dec 3 2013, 08:08 PM
[b]Next up we have a biggie...the Anton Razov Trophy is awarded to the league's most valuable player in the play-offs.

[Image: trophy_connsmythelg.jpg]

Nominees:
Blizzard Cole Reinhart
Blizzard Laraque Obama
Blizzard Jakub Aittokallio
[/b]
LMAO, whoever comes up with the nominees is fucking blind as all hell.

Quote:Originally posted by 701@Dec 5 2013, 04:03 AM

LMAO, whoever comes up with the nominees is fucking blind as all hell.

You were nominated

You just didn't get top 3 in votes

Just out of curiosity, which changes were made to the Awards system compared to last season? I guess there now were 5 guys on the ballot for each category instead of 3, right? But how were they determined, how many points did any member of the Awards Committe have to spend (5-3-1 or something different)? Any other changes? Just asking because I think the Awards system from years prior was rotten to its core but it looks like there was some progress this season, even though I don't necessarily agree with all the Winners/Nominees.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Congrats to everyone who won an award.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Dec 5 2013, 07:32 AM
Just out of curiosity, which changes were made to the Awards system compared to last season? I guess there now were 5 guys on the ballot for each category instead of 3, right? But how were they determined, how many points did any member of the Awards Committe have to spend (5-3-1 or something different)? Any other changes? Just asking because I think the Awards system from years prior was rotten to its core but it looks like there was some progress this season, even though I don't necessarily agree with all the Winners/Nominees.

5 nominees listed and unlimited amount of write ins. Scoring still the same for voting. Final 3 make it to the awards show. I'd say the 5 nominees worked well this season considering there wasn't a single write-in.

[Image: ArmiaJr.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wadester@Dec 5 2013, 08:40 PM

5 nominees listed and unlimited amount of write ins. Scoring still the same for voting. Final 3 make it to the awards show. I'd say the 5 nominees worked well this season considering there wasn't a single write-in.

Definitely sounds a lot better than the previous system. How did you come up with the 5 original nominees, did you suggest them and after that everyone could add his write ins?

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Dec 5 2013, 04:48 PM

Definitely sounds a lot better than the previous system. How did you come up with the 5 original nominees, did you suggest them and after that everyone could add his write ins?

To my understanding Wade just nominated 5 he thought would be good picks, but like he said any write-in was acceptable, so his nominations were essentially just his own votes.

He might be able to clarify though.

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Dec 5 2013, 10:06 PM

To my understanding Wade just nominated 5 he thought would be good picks, but like he said any write-in was acceptable, so his nominations were essentially just his own votes.

He might be able to clarify though.

Yeah that's how I understood it as well. Still makes it very tough for a write-in to win, but it's a decent system.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

Took me about 2-3 hours to come up with nominees, Dar alone took me nearly 1/3 of that time. I didn't think of my vote at all when I came up with the nominees, came back and voted a few days later. There wasn't a single write-in and I don't think any were necessary based on the nominations (I made on edit because I missed someone quite clearly and edited it within minutes).

Based on the fact every complaint I heard was a person on the list of 5 but not top 3 I think it worked pretty well.

[Image: ArmiaJr.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wadester@Dec 5 2013, 11:47 PM
Took me about 2-3 hours to come up with nominees, Dar alone took me nearly 1/3 of that time. I didn't think of my vote at all when I came up with the nominees, came back and voted a few days later. There wasn't a single write-in and I don't think any were necessary based on the nominations (I made on edit because I missed someone quite clearly and edited it within minutes).

Based on the fact every complaint I heard was a person on the list of 5 but not top 3 I think it worked pretty well.

I agree, sounds like you did some good work Smile. Definitely a much improved system compared to years prior.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

[Image: man-running-from-police-hbtv-hemp-beach-tv.jpg]

I'm on my way.

[Image: 336.jpg]

Towel My first individual award is a big one. Thank you for all the votes for the Stevens :D