Create Account

Vegeta and Lockhart - New Duo
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2018, 08:01 PM by Vegeta.)

Vegeta and Lockhart - The Newest SMJHL Duo
[Image: rasmus-dahlin-2019-33.jpg][Image: brett-howden-2018-55.jpg]

x2 SMJHL media

Somethings were meant to go together. Peanut butter and jelly. Bacon and Eggs. Chocolate and strawberries and now Vegeta Muerto and Leopold Lockhart. The two rookie defensemen will make there debuts together. Leopold Lockhart brings the offensive punch, Leopold is currently a well rounded defensemen with a laser beam of a shot and incredibly soft hands. Leopold will be a dangerous player for the Armada and someone who can jump into the play and be like a fourth forward for some shifts. Lockhart will take risks and pinch to generate scoring chances. Lockhart oozes skill and is ready to put it on display. Vegeta is the yin to Lockharts yang. Vegeta is all business and all about playing in his own end. Vegeta is a pure shut down defender. Vegeta hangs back and lets the other partner take there chances. Vegeta is not very physical, but uses smart positioning and a smart stick to keep the opposing defence frustrated. Right now the young pair is set to be the Armada's first pairing as they start the season.

Question: What are you most looking forward to about playing with the other?

Lockhart: He's a really defensively minded guy, and he's a pass first kind of guy, so hopefully our games will compliment each other.  We should be able to be effective at both ends of the ice.
Vegeta: I'm excited to watch Lockhart play his skill game. He does things with the puck that I could only dream of. So watching him dangle and pick apart other teams offence is going to be really exciting. I'll probably pick up a lot of assists or secondary assists playing with him.

Question: What are your expectations for the team this season?

Lockhart: We play in a league where there is only eight teams and six make the playoffs. So we don't want to be one of those bottom two teams. We have a good roster and we believe in the group we have, so we think we can make the playoffs this year.

Vegeta: We want to improve on where we were last year, and I agree that we can become a playoff team for sure. We have a good deep team.

Question: What are your expectations as a pair this season?

Lockhart:  Not really any expectations, just hoping we'll get some chemistry going

Vegeta: I think we just want to help the Armada win games. Not huge expectations really.

Question: How long do you each plan on staying in the SMJHL for?

Lockhart: Hopefully 3 or 4 seasons.  I want time to work on my game and mature as a player so that when I do get called up, I'll be ready.

Vegeta: I want to stay for 4 seasons. I would rather dominate in the SMJHL for a long time than go up and get burnt. I just want to go up when I'm ready.

The duo will likely see a lot of time together five on five, but will likely be split on special teams. Vegeta is not going to be anywhere near a power play and the Armada will likely not need to use Lockhart on the penalty kill. Vegeta and Lockhart will be playing together in the J for a long time at least three years maybe four. Hopefully the duo will shine as bright as we expect them to.

Armada Updates Armada 

Armada Exercise

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Multi

10-30-2018, 11:45 PMNickleback_lover69 Wrote: Multi

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)