Create Account

Countdown to the Stevens: The Final Thread

Gonna be doing this for fun daily since Brady is finally in the race the Stevens award! I'll try to do this every day. Players will be listed based on a formula similar to the one used to calculate the score we use for SHL fantasy with some modifications:

G -> 3 Points
A -> 2 Points
Hits -> 0.5 Points
Shot Blocks -> 1.5 Points
Penalty Minutes -> -0.25 Points
Average Minutes Per Game -> Total of all points above are divided by this amount to account for differences in playing time
Then I multiply the final value by 100 just to make it look more neat.

Scoring Spreadsheet

Stat Leaders in the Top 10:
Goals - Connor Tanner - 15
Assists - Otis B. Driftwood - 46
Penalties in Minutes - Otis B. Driftwood - 74
Hits - Otis B. Driftwood - 161
Shot Blocks - Ludwig Koch Scroder - 102
Average Minutes Per Game - Tigole Bitties - 26.11

Interesting stuff:
  • Who do I think should get the Stevens Award? Selfishly, McIntyre. Realistically? Driftwood or Koch Schroder. If I couldn't choose myself? Craig Finley. In the end who the committee chooses depends a lot on what they value. If they don't care about how much time you played during the season and just how many stats you got then Bitties gets it. Driftwood was a high impact defenseman who was also the only offensive weapon defense, but he was a lights out one. McIntyre was good at everything but didn't lead the league in any stats. Grease was similar to McIntyre if you trade assists for hits. I don't think there's one standout this season and it makes the Stevens award very interesting this season.
  • Rex Kirkby and Barrett McCarthy all fall off of the list while Karsten Kadinger jumps into the top 10 and Tor Tuck and Isak Odegard move onto the The Rest of the List section.
  • Entire list breakdown by team (including the The Rest of the List players):
    • EDM - 4
    • SFP - 3
    • WKP - 2
    • MAN - 2
    • BUF - 2
    • WPG - 1
    • NEW - 1
    • CAL - 1
    • TEX - 1
    • CHI - 1
    • TOR - 1
1. Brady McIntyre (EDM) - Last Position: 1
Cal's Special Score: 1139
Goals: 12
Assists: 39
Penalties in Minutes: 46
Hits: 127
Shot Blocks: 77
Average Minutes Per Game: 23.7

2. Gary Grease (WPG) - Last Position: 2
Cal's Special Score: 1109
Goals: 9
Assists: 32
Penalties in Minutes: 72
Hits: 147
Shot Blocks: 90
Average Minutes Per Game: 23.76

3. Ludwig Kock Schroder (WKP) - Last Position: 4
Cal's Special Score: 1105
Goals: 11
Assists: 28
Penalties in Minutes: 34
Hits: 120
Shot Blocks: 102
Average Minutes Per Game: 25.77

4. Tigole Bitties (NEW) - Last Position: 3
Cal's Special Score: 1060
Goals: 11
Assists: 43
Penalties in Minutes: 54
Hits: 145
Shot Blocks: 75
Average Minutes Per Game: 26.11

5. Otis B. Driftwood (CAL) - Last Position: 8
Cal's Special Score: 1045
Goals: 7
Assists: 46
Penalties in Minutes: 74
Hits: 161
Shot Blocks: 67
Average Minutes Per Game: 24.59

6. Liam O'Callaghan (TEX) - Last Position: 5
Cal's Special Score: 983
Goals: 12
Assists: 35
Penalties in Minutes: 28
Hits: 88
Shot Blocks: 65
Average Minutes Per Game: 23.74

7. Poopity Scoop (TOT)) - Last Position: 6
Cal's Special Score: 977
Goals: 8
Assists: 29
Penalties in Minutes: 67
Hits: 113
Shot Blocks: 81
Average Minutes Per Game: 23.17

8. Craig Finley (MAN) - Last Position: 12
Cal's Special Score: 964
Goals: 4
Assists: 33
Penalties in Minutes: 14
Hits: 43
Shot Blocks: 42
Average Minutes Per Game: 16.13

9. Karsten Kadinger (WKP) - Last Position: Off the list
Cal's Special Score: 933
Goals: 10
Assists: 25
Penalties in Minutes: 18
Hits: 71
Shot Blocks: 71
Average Minutes Per Game: 22.82

10. Connor Tanner (EDM) - Last Position: 9
Cal's Special Score: 930
Goals: 15
Assists: 26
Penalties in Minutes: 12
Hits: 40
Shot Blocks: 74
Average Minutes Per Game: 23.86

The rest of the list
11. Ensio Kalju (EDM) - 922 - Last Position: 11
12. Charlie Schieck (SFP) - 908 - Last Position: 13
13. Zander Rhys (TOR) - 896 - Last Position: 10
14. Alexis Metzler (BUF) - 852 - Last Position: 14
15. Tor Tuck (EDM) - 797 - Last Position: Off the list
16. Jack Tanner (SFP) - 788 - Last Position: 16
17. Isak Odegard (SFP) - 776 - Last Position: Off the list
18. Charles Walker (BUF) - 747 - Last Position: 17
19. Fredrich Koenig (CHI) - 731 - Last Position: 18

Thanks for coming around to read these. We'll see who ends up winning it this season!

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2019, 03:32 PM by Ace.)

The fact that a player can have 15 less points than another and somehow supplant them on this list makes it silly. You can rip Bitties for time on ice all you want, but if he had a partner like Maksimov, Tanner, Kirby or McClure he’d perform better. I’d argue that the other blue liners have had their stats inflated because Bitties has done more with less. If he had the same TOI with those other guys mentioned and Bitties would’ve done even more.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

05-23-2019, 03:28 PMAce Wrote: The fact that a player can have 15 less points than another and somehow supplant them on this list makes it silly. You can rip Bitties for time on ice all you want, but if he had a partner like Maksimov, Tanner, Kirby or McClure he’d perform better. I’d argue that the other blue liners have had their stats inflated because Bitties has done more with less. If he had the same TOI with those other guys mentioned and Bitties would’ve done even more.

The fact that Finley is on the list at all show show silly my formula is.

If this were IRL I'd agree, but remember Chris York? S40, 78 points. Next player Joe Kurczewski had 66 points. Kurczewski got league MVP from the committee and from community voting. I see the same thing happening with Bitties this season.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

05-23-2019, 03:28 PMAce Wrote: Kirby

ಠ_ಠ

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

05-23-2019, 03:28 PMAce Wrote: The fact that a player can have 15 less points than another and somehow supplant them on this list makes it silly. You can rip Bitties for time on ice all you want, but if he had a partner like Maksimov, Tanner, Kirby or McClure he’d perform better. I’d argue that the other blue liners have had their stats inflated because Bitties has done more with less. If he had the same TOI with those other guys mentioned and Bitties would’ve done even more.

It kinda seems like your fault you don't have a good D partner

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

05-23-2019, 06:25 PMSlashACM Wrote:

It kinda seems like your fault you don't have a good D partner
Really Slash?

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

05-23-2019, 04:06 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:

The fact that Finley is on the list at all show show silly my formula is.

If this were IRL I'd agree, but remember Chris York? S40, 78 points. Next player Joe Kurczewski had 66 points. Kurczewski got league MVP from the committee and from community voting. I see the same thing happening with Bitties this season.

Hey, hey, hey. Finley is a beautiful soul who is one of the best OFDs in the league.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE