Create Account

S53 Prospect Profile - Eric Hudson [2X Draft Media]
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 01:42 PM by EricNCSU.)

[950 words - 2X Draft Media Bonus]

Charlotte, North Carolina native Eric Hudson was a relative unknown before the S52 SMJHL draft, but he quickly made a splash in the Quebec City Prospects Tournament.  Despite playing forward, Hudson agreed to play the tournament as a defenseman due to an excess of forwards and to further his focus as a defensive minded winger.  Hudson managed to score 2 goals, with 4 helpers and a +5 rating, while also contributing 10 hits and 11 blocked shots in the 10 game tournament.  The Alpha Rococos finished the tournament as the winners with a 7-3 record. 

Shortly thereafter, Eric Hudson was named as team captain for the Prospects North America team. This World Juniors team was unique to the S51 WJC due to a massive amount of incoming prospects that year. The team featured rookie prospects from the US and Canada.  A Prospects World team was also added to the tournament that year.  Unfortunately, the Prospects teams were heavily outmatched by the more experienced National teams, but it was still a good experience for the young players.  The Prospects NA team finished a disappointing 4-13-1 but managed to upset the Prospects World team in the Medal Round before falling to the stacked DACH squad.  Hudson finished the S51 WJC with 3 goals and 6 assists, as well as 2 blocked shots and 25 hits. The -13 rating is a little disappointing, but these were some high scoring games where defense and goal-tending were not as strong. 

Eric Hudson was drafted 35th overall (4th Round) in the S52 SMJHL Draft by the St. Louis Scarecrows. Despite starting the season on the 4th line, Hudson quickly picked up a reputation as a gym rat. Active in the locker room and participating in every training event that was available to him. Hudson saw rapid improvement over the course of the season, culminating in a promotion to the 3rd line about halfway through the season. Five of Hudson's 7 goals were scored in the last 13 games of the season, as St. Louis was pushing for playoff positioning. A few late losses dropped St. Louis to 6th in the standings, but an amazing playoff run took them all the way to the SMJHL Finals, where they were vanquished by the red-hot Anaheim Outlaws in 5 games.  By the end of the season Hudson had turned himself into a true two-way forward.

Eric Hudson Regular Season Stats: 7 G | 5 A | 12 P | +2 | 22 HIT | 6 Shotblocks | 10 PIM

[Image: hudsonaction.jpg]

The S52 SMJHL Playoffs saw the St. Louis Scarecrows win two series as the road underdog, against the #3 Seed Colorado Raptors (4-2) and #1 Detroit (4-2).  In 17 playoffs games, Hudson picked up half as many points as the regular season (2 G, 4 A, 6 P) and saw similar scaling to his other stats. (8 hits, 1 shotblock).  Hudson also finished the playoffs with a +9 rating, dual products of his defensive focus and scoring bursts from linemates Yamamoto Mitsuhara and Sasha Danglechek. The Scarecrows eventually fell to #4 seed Anaheim who hit a hot streak in the playoffs and was unstoppable.  After sweeping #2 seed Carolina they took out the Scarecrows in 5 games to lift the trophy.

Next season, Hudson looks to take on a bigger role for the Scarecrows as wingers Aron Hernadivic and James Ronlain get called up to the SHL.  The core of the playoff team remains and St. Louis looks to take another run at the Four Star Cup and hopefully end up with the trophy this time.  Hudson looks to become a franchise player for the Scarecrows and etch his name into the record books before moving up to play for whichever team drafts him in the upcoming draft. When asked about it, Hudson had this to say. 

"It's unfortunate the way this season ended, but hats off to Anaheim.  We're gonna come back even bigger and stronger next year. I look forward to playing a bigger role.
I know I'm likely to be here for a couple more years as I wait for the call and I'm ready to be one of the best players in Scarecrow history."

This upcoming offseason Hudson will represent Team USA at the World Juniors, receiving the call up to the National Team.  Hudson will hope to bolster an already stacked roster and hopefully pick up a medal along the way. 

Most of the current power rankings list Hudson in the 17-19 range, which would translate to an early second round draft pick, but it's possible Hudson could sneak into the first round depending on the team needs of those selecting in the mid-to-late first round.  We'll have to wait and see.  GM interviews are currently ongoing and there's a lot, including trades, that could shake up the draft order and team needs between now and the draft. 
When asked about potential destinations, Hudson had this to say. 
"I don't have any preferences. I'd be happy to go anywhere, anywhere there is a team that needs a player like me. I've had good talks with a handful of teams and
I'd love to hear from a few more before it's all said and done.  I look forward to draft day and I'll be happy to just get selected."

[Image: hudson.png]

Y’all sleeping on Hudson. Scarecrows

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

03-11-2020, 01:44 PMNictox Wrote: Y’all sleeping on Hudson. Scarecrows
Amen to that. Scarecrows

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

nice  Scarecrows
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 02:10 PM by EricNCSU.)

Can I just say, I appreciate the "y'all"..  Biggrin

[Image: hudson.png]

How's the comfort level?

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]