Create Account

Eller to get the Call?
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2020, 05:30 PM by Ace.)

Fresh off a disastrous G5, the Carolina Kraken are facing an uphill battle against a stalwart St. Louis Scarecrows squad. The Kraken now face a do or die Game 6 in a hostile St. Louis environment. To make matters more complicated, the Kraken goaltender received a call from his agent today. This season is his last in the SMJHL. Earlier that day, the New England Wolfpack shipped out retiring goaltender Benjamin Blue back to his original franchise, the Tampa Bay Barracuda. That left New England solely with goaltender Mike Hroch on the roster, and it meant one thing and one thing only. It was time.

Eller knew he was the heir apparent to at first long time Wolfpack goalie Johannes Leitner, but after a disappointing playoff finish the Pack shipped out Leitner for a more technically sound Ben Blue. This move did not pay dividends for the Pack front office, as their defensive and goaltending performances drastically regressed and the Wolfpack found themselves on the outside of the playoffs looking in. This disappointing result clearly has sparked some personnel changes. Many analysts believed that the New England window remained wide open, but in addition to the Ben Blue move, the Wolfpack have already traded Captain and reigning MVP Ola Wagstrom to the rival Manhattan Rage for a S55 1st, S56 1st and S56 3rd and former Wolfpack 1st overall selection Rainbow Dash. It’s been confirmed by several insider sources that this is not yet the final move coming from a swift retool by the Boston based front office.

[Image: anderson.png]

Now that Leitner and Blue are gone, a quick gander at the Wolfpack goaltending depth chart shows clearly that Frans Eller is the man. Most goaltenders are stashed in juniors as long as possible, hopefully amassing at least 800 TPE or so before they get the nod by their GM. The Wolfpack and Frans Eller do not have this luxury. With the roster turnover, Eller sits at 661 TPE and should be around 750 TPE or so by the time of the start of S55. It’s not the greatest situation, but it also allows Eller to claim his crease for what should a long career in Black and Green.
We caught up with Frans after the disappointing game against the Scarecrows to discuss the news.

Interview “Frans, tough loss out there. How would you assess your play?”

“I think I played well. A lot better than the other games in this series. I only regret that we couldn’t pull it off and get the win. I should’ve stopped that breakaway in the first to give our squad a chance.”

Interview “You and your Carolina teammates now trail in the series 3-2 and head back to St. Louis where the Crows have a chance to pull it off. What’s the mindset in the room?”

“We’re not ready to be done and call it. We’re not ready to say goodbye to these awesome guys in the room. The front office spent significant draft capital in this roster to give us the support we needed to get it done with guys like Stan Hanson and Sven Yxskaft. We’re going to go into St. Louis, play like a team, and beat them and bring it back to Carolina for a Game 7.”

Interview “Confident stuff, Frans. Let’s shift gears a bit here. Reports are circulating that this will be your last season in the J after all, with the departure of Ben Blue from New England. Care to comment about the imminent call up to the big leagues?”

“I am not worried about what happens next. I leave that to my agent. Right now I am focused on the Kraken. We’re in the most important time of the season, I can’t afford to worry about any side distractions right now. “

Interview “I can respect that, but that answer is a cop out. Everyone knows that this is what’s happening. What’s going on with New England?

“I’m not in the locker room, so I can’t comment on the comings and goings. I will say that if this is the end of my time in Carolina after this playoff run, and right now, that is a distinct possibility, I have cherished my time with these fantastic teammates and front office and will miss it dearly. I also have a sincere excitement of getting the nod and being able to strap up the Black and Green pads for the first time too as a starting goaltender. It’s always been my dream to play in the SHL, and it looks like that dream might be coming to fruition sooner rather than later.”

Interview “Any thoughts on the re-tool that many insiders are referencing with the Wolfpack?”

“No comment. We will play as a team, grow together and do whatever we can to build a winning lineup.”

One thing is for certain, Eller hopes that tonight isn’t the night where he discards Orange for Green.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Kraken good luck!

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

gonna haze this eller guy so hard

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Wolfpack management sound like a bunch of chumps

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

New tank incoming

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]