Create Account

1000 TPE Presser for Tom Fiddler
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2020, 01:20 PM by PremierBromanov.)

Tom Fiddler has recently hit the big 1 oh oh oh and as my first SHL player and my first simulation player in any league, I'd like to mark this occasion with a presser

ask questions and I shall answer them.

oh, and before you ask, 7 inches.

07-09-2020, 09:11 AMBlues Wrote: when do you see TBB being a playoff contender again?

This is a question that's on our minds a lot in TBB. What we currently have is a decent crop of S54 and S53 prospects, a very large pool of picks for S55 and S56, and 3/4 active core members at about 1,000 TPE. So assuming our top end prospects enter the SHL 3 seasons after they are drafted at about 850-950 TPE, we're looking at a S60 team with a core of about 4 S53 players who are between 1400 and 1,200, about 5 S54 players (give or take inactives) who are between 1,200 and 1,000. On top of that we have 5 1st round picks, 3 2nds, and 3 3rds entering their 5th year, and 3 1st round, and 3 2nd round picks entering their 4th years. On top of that, Rankle, Fiddler, and Fitted are hitting their 10th season, and we hope to be between 1,500 and 1,800 by that time. After accounting for who we may have to cut (that's a lot of players), we have a more well rounded team that I think will be a fringe playoff team. I think a lot of people look at this and say, jokingly, "Season 65 champs" and that may well be true, but we'll be trying to get there every season we can.

07-09-2020, 11:21 PMcpetrella Wrote: what are the plans going forward for your player?

I'm pretty happy with how I played this season, all things considered. I had few give-aways and many take-aways, although part of that is how much you do or don't have the puck to lose or steal lol. I'd like to be a strong, defensively responsible 1C. Although lately, the allure of the scoreboard has found me, and no 1C can be TOO defensive, because you gotta make those passes. So I'm focusing on passing and puckhandling this season to try to hold the puck and get it to where it matters. Additionally, I'd like to be strong on my skates, particularly with balance and agility, and not so much speed.

07-09-2020, 11:21 PMcpetrella Wrote: any goals for your career?

I think the ole 2k train has left the station already, I missed out on a lot of TPE at the start of my career, particularly with equipment because in the old system it didn't benefit me a lot to buy shoulder pads and skates and I had no money. But still, I'd like to hit 1,800 if possible, i haven't done the math on that. But it's certainly a goal to continue to earn at the same pace as the top earners of my class, and so far I've already passed quite a few of my peers. I'd like to win a cup too, i think that's everyone's goal. As far as stats go, well the train has left the station on that as well haha. you don't go 0-50 without taking a devastating loss to personal stats. Those have never really mattered to me, but now doubly so since I can't say something like "I want to play 500 games and have 500 points". But I'd love to hit 50 or 60 points some day.

07-09-2020, 11:21 PMcpetrella Wrote: what are your favorite memories from your career so far?

Definitely the 1st Kraken cup (S50). We had a huge crop of new players and new users and we really made that push for the cup our own. Singing "Sweet Terry Guy" in the discord chat may not ever be topped for me. It's a real privilege to still be able to watch Carolina flourish and I hope it continues to do so. Long as you keep drafting guys like Sve7en and Ace and TDZ.

07-09-2020, 11:21 PMcpetrella Wrote: any players that aren't on the cudas that you want to play with sometime?
Top of the list would be Luke or Mike Izzy. That's really not in the cards at the moment lol.  I'd really love either Sve7en or Tdz on the squad just because they're such strong locker room voices and i think Tampa needs a revitalized locker room as well as a good roster. There are a few players we have the opportunity to draft as well that seem pretty cool, although I don't know them too well and won't leave any hints for peering eyes! And for sure Z0rem and Acap. They're doing good things elsewhere, but it'd be cool of the Kraken were just the Cudas now.

fitted\ Wrote:Woth the recent media bias how many times do you think fitted will be suspended?

Like at least once. Fitted keeps getting drunk and writing non-media in the media section and I think people are getting tired of it lol. Be smart, my friend

fitted\ Wrote:Also does this rally the group seeing him take on the shls version of the alt right?
Absolutely. The alt-right deserves nothing but my bootheel. Some of us have already used up all of our bad words and can't say what they really feel anymore lol

z0rem\ Wrote:Let's hear you flesh out your player.
Hims got bones and muscles.
But for real, I did a pretty quick 1,700 build the other day. Strong focus on the offensive and defensive read, puckhandling, and stick-checking. Lots of people say Checking and strength is very important so i'm beefing those up, but I think after only 2 seasons, I'm not sure how sure of the "meta" we can be right now. Strong balance and agility too, not so much speed. I want that Lidstrom kind of game, with a Bertuzzi/Datsyuk type of hustle down low. I wanna be where I should be so I'm not scrambling and I'm not too focused on breakaways and that kind of thing. But I do want to be strong on my skates, and able to out-maneuver my opponents and break some ankles. The end result should be a Datsyuk player who is also bad at shooting.

z0rem\ Wrote:You seem to be hearing up for a leadership position. What's your style of leadership?
This question has a few different paths to it, so I'll address both. The first being that I do seem to be headed that way. We have a strong draft coming up, and I think some excellent leaders are on our list. In that respect, I think it's safe to say I'm one of the leaders, and probably a likely candidate for captain (if we have one), but in my mind that torch would be passed quickly if we can get the players we want. Assuming Trella and Dwight are out of the equation. So I envision a season or two of being a leader and then maybe letting more ambitious players take the reigns. As far as style, I'm not much of a hype man. I think if there's any NHL captain I can think of that I'd compare myself to, it'd be any of the last 3 Red Wings captains, though mostly in temperament and not quality. Yzerman, Lidstrom, Zetterberg, all fairly quiet leaders. They typically lead by example, but I don't know if there's a way I can do that in a sim engine. Encouragement is something I always try to work on as well, but it comes more naturally to others, i think.

z0rem\ Wrote:Do you have any pre-game rituals?
3 Chili dogs and a line of coke

1105 words ready for grading

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

when do you see TBB being a playoff contender again?

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2020, 09:22 AM by PremierBromanov.)

07-09-2020, 09:11 AMBlues Wrote: when do you see TBB being a playoff contender again?

This is a question that's on our minds a lot in TBB. What we currently have is a decent crop of S54 and S53 prospects, a very large pool of picks for S55 and S56, and 3/4 active core members at about 1,000 TPE. So assuming our top end prospects enter the SHL 3 seasons after they are drafted at about 850-950 TPE, we're looking at a S60 team with a core of about 4 S53 players who are between 1400 and 1,200, about 5 S54 players (give or take inactives) who are between 1,200 and 1,000. On top of that we have 5 1st round picks, 3 2nds, and 3 3rds entering their 5th year, and 3 1st round, and 3 2nd round picks entering their 4th years. On top of that, Rankle, Fiddler, and Fitted are hitting their 10th season, and we hope to be between 1,500 and 1,800 by that time. After accounting for who we may have to cut (that's a lot of players), we have a more well rounded team that I think will be a fringe playoff team. I think a lot of people look at this and say, jokingly, "Season 65 champs" and that may well be true, but we'll be trying to get there every season we can.

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

what are the plans going forward for your player?

any goals for your career?

what are your favorite memories from your career so far?

any players that aren't on the cudas that you want to play with sometime?

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Woth the recent media bias how many times do you think fitted will be suspended?

Also does this rally the group seeing him take on the shls version of the alt right?

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Let's hear you flesh out your player.

You seem to be hearing up for a leadership position. What's your style of leadership?

Do you have any pre-game rituals?

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

07-09-2020, 11:21 PMcpetrella Wrote: what are the plans going forward for your player?

I'm pretty happy with how I played this season, all things considered. I had few give-aways and many take-aways, although part of that is how much you do or don't have the puck to lose or steal lol. I'd like to be a strong, defensively responsible 1C. Although lately, the allure of the scoreboard has found me, and no 1C can be TOO defensive, because you gotta make those passes. So I'm focusing on passing and puckhandling this season to try to hold the puck and get it to where it matters. Additionally, I'd like to be strong on my skates, particularly with balance and agility, and not so much speed.

07-09-2020, 11:21 PMcpetrella Wrote: any goals for your career?

I think the ole 2k train has left the station already, I missed out on a lot of TPE at the start of my career, particularly with equipment because in the old system it didn't benefit me a lot to buy shoulder pads and skates and I had no money. But still, I'd like to hit 1,800 if possible, i haven't done the math on that. But it's certainly a goal to continue to earn at the same pace as the top earners of my class, and so far I've already passed quite a few of my peers. I'd like to win a cup too, i think that's everyone's goal. As far as stats go, well the train has left the station on that as well haha. you don't go 0-50 without taking a devastating loss to personal stats. Those have never really mattered to me, but now doubly so since I can't say something like "I want to play 500 games and have 500 points". But I'd love to hit 50 or 60 points some day.

07-09-2020, 11:21 PMcpetrella Wrote: what are your favorite memories from your career so far?

Definitely the 1st Kraken cup (S50). We had a huge crop of new players and new users and we really made that push for the cup our own. Singing "Sweet Terry Guy" in the discord chat may not ever be topped for me. It's a real privilege to still be able to watch Carolina flourish and I hope it continues to do so. Long as you keep drafting guys like Sve7en and Ace and TDZ.

07-09-2020, 11:21 PMcpetrella Wrote: any players that aren't on the cudas that you want to play with sometime?
Top of the list would be Luke or Mike Izzy. That's really not in the cards at the moment lol. I'd really love either Sve7en or Tdz on the squad just because they're such strong locker room voices and i think Tampa needs a revitalized locker room as well as a good roster. There are a few players we have the opportunity to draft as well that seem pretty cool, although I don't know them too well and won't leave any hints for peering eyes! And for sure Z0rem and Acap. They're doing good things elsewhere, but it'd be cool of the Kraken were just the Cudas now.

fitted Wrote:Woth the recent media bias how many times do you think fitted will be suspended?

Like at least once. Fitted keeps getting drunk and writing non-media in the media section and I think people are getting tired of it lol. Be smart, my friend

fitted Wrote:Also does this rally the group seeing him take on the shls version of the alt right?
Absolutely. The alt-right deserves nothing but my bootheel. Some of us have already used up all of our bad words and can't say what they really feel anymore lol

z0rem Wrote:Let's hear you flesh out your player.
Hims got bones and muscles.
But for real, I did a pretty quick 1,700 build the other day. Strong focus on the offensive and defensive read, puckhandling, and stick-checking. Lots of people say Checking and strength is very important so i'm beefing those up, but I think after only 2 seasons, I'm not sure how sure of the "meta" we can be right now. Strong balance and agility too, not so much speed. I want that Lidstrom kind of game, with a Bertuzzi/Datsyuk type of hustle down low. I wanna be where I should be so I'm not scrambling and I'm not too focused on breakaways and that kind of thing. But I do want to be strong on my skates, and able to out-maneuver my opponents and break some ankles. The end result should be a Datsyuk player who is also bad at shooting.

z0rem Wrote:You seem to be hearing up for a leadership position. What's your style of leadership?
This question has a few different paths to it, so I'll address both. The first being that I do seem to be headed that way. We have a strong draft coming up, and I think some excellent leaders are on our list. In that respect, I think it's safe to say I'm one of the leaders, and probably a likely candidate for captain (if we have one), but in my mind that torch would be passed quickly if we can get the players we want. Assuming Trella and Dwight are out of the equation. So I envision a season or two of being a leader and then maybe letting more ambitious players take the reigns. As far as style, I'm not much of a hype man. I think if there's any NHL captain I can think of that I'd compare myself to, it'd be any of the last 3 Red Wings captains, though mostly in temperament and not quality. Yzerman, Lidstrom, Zetterberg, all fairly quiet leaders. They typically lead by example, but I don't know if there's a way I can do that in a sim engine. Encouragement is something I always try to work on as well, but it comes more naturally to others, i think.

z0rem Wrote:Do you have any pre-game rituals?
3 Chili dogs and a line of coke

@cpetrella
@Fitted2106
@Z0REM

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG