Create Account

Mats Marner Statement on His Upcoming Free Agent Status for S60 Offseason (x2 media)

That said it is pretty rad that you can write a 2k words piece of media and we'll just fight in the comments about one of the sentences you said

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

05-21-2021, 01:13 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: That said it is pretty rad that you can write a 2k words piece of media and we'll just fight in the comments about one of the sentences you said

I just think it’s important the shl community knows how good Buffalo is. Really that’s all that matters

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Well this one media piece derailed quickly!

Marner was a beaut in his short stint with us. If your future home isn't in San Fran I hope you and your brother get that cup! Rooting for you guys!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

It's perfectly reasonable to want to be successful and leave a team to chase success. It's also perfectly reasonable for non-contending teams to be upset about losing players that want to go to successful teams.

Hopefully the scale change makes parity a thing, because the league right now is becoming boring in my opinion.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Wow I definitely did not expect for this article to derail and made sure to run it by SFP management before posting it to check with them to make sure it was not controversial. With there being double media this week the statement just came out earlier to capitalize on the extra cash. Either way I thought it would be beneficial to write an article heading into free agency to make Marner's intentions clear so I do not waste the time of general managers who were thinking of putting in a lot of time into a pitch if it is unlikely to succeed given the circumstances outlined in the article. At the end of the day I know there will be a lot of movement coming with expansion so teams circumstances will change so I more wanted to suggest that I will be heavily weighing how teams can pitch to me why they will be cup contenders in the next couple seasons and provide a bit of my mindset heading into free agency.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Nola is a cup contender now that I'm coach. Literally 1 for 1 challenge cups when I set lines. Ignoring the other times I set lines

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Also buffalo sux

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

if your young players want to leave for a contender just means that management of whatever team they were on before didn’t do a good enough job of getting their players to buy in. @WannabeFinn , @Hallsy , etc are fabulous gms and are some of the best this league has ever had, can’t blame them for their own success.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

05-21-2021, 03:59 PMtrella Wrote: if your young players want to leave for a contender just means that management of whatever team they were on before didn’t do a good enough job of getting their players to buy in. @WannabeFinn , @Hallsy , etc are fabulous gms and are some of the best this league has ever had, can’t blame them for their own success.

I think that sums it up pretty well

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

05-21-2021, 03:59 PMtrella Wrote: if your young players want to leave for a contender just means that management of whatever team they were on before didn’t do a good enough job of getting their players to buy in. @WannabeFinn , @Hallsy , etc are fabulous gms and are some of the best this league has ever had, can’t blame them for their own success.

I think you meant horrible gms and worst this league has ever had. MCP is the best we ever had

05-21-2021, 12:48 PMJayWhy Wrote:
05-21-2021, 12:42 PMByrdeMan Wrote: Says you won the lottery
>Responds saying chalking it up to luck is dismissive (Which it is)
Basically says you're selfish

SHL is :paepae:
I said won the lottery of basically right place, right time of when your competitive window is open. But sure, that's chalking everything up to luck and we can ignore everything else I've said to focus on one word that apparently offended the great beings above.

Sorry, Buffalo did amazingly well and made their team great and is competitive at a time that more people are leaving teams before seeing things through in order to go to more competitive teams, and that has nothing to do with luck, Buffalo knew this would happen, planned it, prepared it and is 100% in control of the universe at large. Congratulations, you are better than I. I need some luck to be involved in my success, even when I've done everything else perfectly but not you.
tfw buffalo just happened to make their like 15 season and counting competitive window at the exact right time what are the odds

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Was anyone ever blaming them for their success? The base of what was being said here seemed to boil down to "players complain about not winning yet contribute to the issues surrounding parity at the top of the league." Never comes back to WBF or Hallsy being blamed for those players wanting success, and the #DrainTheLakes thing is all about finding parity through league measures, not asking for GM's to purposefully put themselves in a hole. It's just asking other flawed GM's to get the buy in you're talking about. Don't get how that gets spun on its head as some sort of affront to those good GM's.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

[Image: 200.gif]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]