Create Account

Josef Kubinec's Retirement Ceremony
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2021, 11:44 AM by Leoben.)

Quote:Ready for grading, 320 ish words

@puolivalmiste introduces Josef Kubinec to the Texas crowd inside the American Airlines Center and hands him a mic to let him give his farewell speech.

[Image: mark-henry-1280x720.jpg]

Puoli I want you to stay.  There’s something I want to tell you, I want to tell the boys and the girls in the back, and all of y’all.

Kubinec points to the fans in attendance.  Kubinec is about to start talking again but the Texas fans break into a “Kubi” chant.

Puoli, at the rate that you’re going, you’re going to be the greatest SHL GM of all time.  And if I had any regrets, any regrets at all about my career, I’ve been Challenge Cup Champion, Aidan Richan Winner, I’ve been top ten in scoring, I’ve had a lot of success.  I mean, nothing like the success that Puoli’s had, but, I think I’ve done pretty good for myself.

The crowd erupts in cheer again.

Thank you.  Which leads me to the reason that I’m out here.  To formally retire from the SHL.

The crowd boos and chants “One more season.”

Thank y’all.  “One More SEASON” from one of the better crowds that I’ve been in front of over the last eleven seasons. 

Puoli hands Kubinec the Challenge Cup which he raises above his head again.

I’m on the road close to half of the year.  To my beautiful wife Janet, I think you’ll be seeing more of me than you want to.  And to my son Josef Junior who’s a fanatical hockey fan, some of y’all seen him on Tik Tok, my little girl Josefine…

A fan starts a Petr Vrana chant.

No not Petr Vrana, dummy.  To my little girl Josefine who cries when I leave home, baby I’m coming home.

The crowd erupts in cheers again.  Puoli hugs Kubinec, who picks him up and slams him on the ice, knocking him out.

[Image: fe69a957d72057f1c2e715d3709881638c8e00e9_00.gif]

You think it’s that easy?  I got a lot left in the tank!

Kubinec picks up the Challenge Cup and throws it on Puoli, then skates out of the arena.

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Boooooooooo!

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

Renegades

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]