Create Account

SHL Slapshot Speeds

I threw together a quick look at the average and max slapshot speeds of SHL Players. Like all of my other spreadsheet escapades, this isn't exactly scientific. I took all the attributes that I think would be involved in clapping a bomb and tweaked them based on how big a role they would play in the shot.

The formula came out as: Puckhandling*.75 + Shooting Range*.75 + Agility*.5 + Balance + Speed*.75 + Strength*2

This gave me something a little on the high end but seemed to work. To calculate the max slapshot speed I took some inspiration from the NHL. According to some website (so it must be true) the average NHL slapshot is 100 MPH. Zdeno Chara holds the record for hardest slapper at 108.8 an 8% increase of the average. With that info I just added 8% to every player's average shot speed.

Spreadsheet can be found here

The average SHL player has a slap shot clocking in around 91.53 MPH with a max of 98.85.

The stand out winner is New England's Sven Yxskaft with a max slap shot speed of 112.32 MPH.

If you have any ideas to improve the measurement, let me know!

(200ish words)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

I feel encroached on lmao

More range and less handling would be my improvements though

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

hahaha suck it @JNH

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

And yet they haven't put me in the hardest shot all-star contest smh

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

nice work on this

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Broke the 100mph club nice :D

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]