Create Account

Tex, Tex, Tex.

I was completely blindsided by my draft to Texas.

I talked to a handful of teams prior to the draft, none of them Texas, and almost all of them had already passed on me. I had truly no idea where I would end up, and then @dankoa took me 19th overall.

Truthfully, I was conflicted for months. I played two more seasons in Detroit and the whole time I had almost no interaction with the big club. I was hesitant to go. Dankoa, who was my closest and only friend on the team through our time in Detroit, eventually stepped down and @puolivalmiste, a manager I'd never said a word to, took up the reigns. I was even more hesitant to go. Before the expansion draft he told me he wanted me to stay, but he would understand if I wanted to be exposed and go to a new team. I gave it real thought, and I truly considered asking to move on, but I didn't.

I am so, so happy I didn't.

I've had about as much success as you could possibly want since I made the decision to stay with Texas. Two Challenge Cups, a Presidents' Trophy, three finals appearances, three All-Star nods, a god damn goal scoring title. It's been more than I could have dreamed of coming off a juniors career where I was an unremarkable player on a remarkable team. I want to give the utmost thanks to Puoli and @RedCapeDiver for picking up where Dankoa left off and creating a truly model franchise with the rings to show for it. I have the utmost respect for all of you. Thank you.

To my teammates, thank you guys for making me look so good every year. To the vets that have come and gone in my 8 season tenure, my captain @raymond3000, @MP7, @Jearim, @BrewskyBoy, @Slowpoke, @Leoben, thanks for showing me what it means to be a Renegade. You stuck it out through some truly hard seasons, and I'm glad I could be a small piece of getting you the cups you deserved.

To the other guys in my class, to the younger guys that came after me, @Ohtaay, @EricNCSU, @Ronniewalker, @Fantobens, @Aephino, @takethehorizon, @Rabidsponge21, @Rindiee, @Highhaschdi, @negs77, @Sivart, @CapnCooper, @kingtag1999, it's hard to imagine a more intense concentration of amazing talent and incredible people. I hope I'll be friends with all of you guys for a long time to come. It was an honour to wear the same jersey as all of you for these 8 years. You're going to get another great shot at the cup this season, and you will be more than welcome to rub it in my face when you get the job done. I hope I'm able to stick around the locker room so you can all keep receiving my good morning GIFs.

@Yagoyi, thank you for handling a hard situation with such kindness and patience. If I had any doubts that you were the right person to take Texas into a new era, they're gone now. I wish you nothing but the best and I'm excited to see the franchise I love shine under your tenure.

When it came down to it, I felt like the time was right for me to take on a new challenge. In my time with Texas I've played through cup runs, heartbreaks, and a couple of miracles. The Season 59 win was probably the biggest peak for me. Getting to lift the cup with Kekkonen and Goodman before they moved on to build a new franchise, to finally see it all pay off for the guys that stuck around, it just felt so good. It was too perfect. What a high.

I loved that build. I loved that climb. And if I'm honest with myself, I want to do it all again while I still have gas in the tank. It hurt so much more than I would have thought to make the decision to change simulated hockey teams. I think that's a testament to the amazing program that's been built over there in the desert. I'm going to miss every single one of you. And to anyone who finds themselves playing in Texas, enjoy it. I wouldn't trade my time there for anything.

The Renegades made me the player I am, and I'm forever thankful for that, but now's the right time for me to take what I've learned and the talent I have left to try and get it all done again.

Atlanta, I haven't met many of you yet, but I'm beyond excited for the opportunity. I want you to know up front that I'm going to give everything I have left to bring the Inferno their first cup in SHL history. I can't wait.

It's going to be incredible.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=665ea534&is=665d53b4&hm=80...8cd6be61d&]

Renegades Renegades Renegades

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

Forever Dort & Tort. All the best my friend!!

Renegades

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Good luck on the change of scenery Smile

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Its a terrible day for rain.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2022, 05:04 PM by Ronniewalker.)

Really sad to see you go, but good luck and thanks for your time with us and everything you helped us achieve! Smile TEX TEX TEX Renegades

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

Really excited to have you in Atlanta, let's hope we can fulfill your needs to the best Inferno

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Inferno Welcome to Atlanta!

[Image: lebbish.gif]

TEX TEX TEX

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

No.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THE CHOSEN ONE!

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

Thanks for the kind words man, best of luck in your next chapter

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

It's been a hell of a ride man. I had the exact same hesitations about joining Texas.  SO glad I stayed.  Not even for the cups, but for the family that locker room has become. 

You will be missed, but it's been an honor and a privilege to skate by your side.  

Best of luck in Atlanta.  You'll always be a Renegade. 

TEX TEX TEX

[Image: hudson.png]

Sad to see you go, best of luck in the rest of your career!

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Good luck during next part of your career.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me