Create Account

Know Your Knights- Logan Webb

Interview for Kelowna Knights YouTube Channel of Logan Webb by Crystal McLeod

Crystal: Alright, hi everyone, I'm Crystal McLeod, a new winger on your Kelowna Knights. With me today is fellow Rookie, Logan Webb. This will be the first interview in a series of "meet your team" interviews.

How are you doing today Logan? Excited as we start the season?

Logan: I am doing great!  What can I say, I love this city, and the team is amazing.

I can't wait for the season to kick off, we are looking good.  I know they all say it, but this is our year.  I can't wait to show that to the league.

Crystal: Definitely agree there, Buddy. So let's start with some background for the fans. Where do you originally hail from, Logan?

Logan: I am from Victoria BC. Born and raised there.  It's pretty nice I ended up in Kelowna as I do not have far to travel to visit home on off days.  Just a quick 30 minute flight.

Crystal: Oh wow, that is quite close. Definitely easier than getting back to Ohio on off days, that's for sure.

So, tell us about your play style. We're linemates and in the pre-season I set you up for a few goals. Would you consider yourself a sniper?

Logan: I definitely feel I am a natural goal scorer.  Sniper maybe not quite yet.  Still perfecting my accuracy.

I am really trying to even out my play in my our own end.  Once I get to a level I feel good about I will continue to develop my shot.

My goal is to one day lead the SMJHL in goals.  Might not be this year but I am going to do it.

Crystal: Thats a good goal to have, and as your linemate I won't mind the apples that come with it, for sure.

Are you expecting to move up pretty quickly or are you hoping to stay with Kelowna for a bit then?

Logan: I think my goal is 3 years.  We will see where I am at in 3 years.  If I had not won a cup yet, I would likely stay for a 4th season.  Either way the 3rd year I will be closer to making that decision on staying or going.

Crystal: Makes sense. Definitely hope to bring the 4 Star to Kelowna as well.

So, let's get to know more about you as a person with some rapid fire questions. What's your favorite movie?

Logan: Princess Bride

Cystal: Solid choice. You're a local, any reccomendations on things to do in BC?

Logan: On the Island, head North to Englishman River Falls and enjoy a beautiful hike.  Check out Cathedral Grove.  Go to Tofino Beach and watch the Pacific Ocean.  Jump on a Whale watching tour.  Take a Harbour ferry at some point.  In Vancouver head to the Aquarium and check out Granville Island for some food and shopping.
There is so much to do between Vancouver Island and Vancouver you could spend weeks there and never get bored.

Crystal: Awesome. I'll keep that in mind when I have free time. I'd personally like to try and see a Spirit Bear at some point up north, but that will have to wait til next off-season.

Most used app on your phone?

Logan: Hmmmmm....probably Facebook...I am an old soul.

Crystal: Fair enough.

Do you have any nicknames on or off the ice?

Logan: Webster is pretty common, Wolverine or Marvel (Webb as Spiderman, Logan as Wolverine, marvel comics), my closes friends call me Asshat in a loving sort of way.

Crystal: Wolverine might be too long to call on the ice, but don't be surprised if you hear me call for a pass with Marvel.

Alright, last rapid fire: favorite food?

Logan: Cheeseburgers

Crystal: And to round us out, is there a team or player in the J you're most looking forward to playing against?

Logan: I would say most looking forward to play Vancouver I feel they are a provincial rival, so I am looking forward to kicking their ass.   As for a player...Walter Sobchak, as he is the Goalie for the reigning Champs.  I want to score a few against him this year before he moves on.

Crystal: Love to hear it. Thanks for chatting with me, Logan, I look forward to the season

Logan: Any time, thanks for having me, and Good luck to you too Crystal

(This interview was an actual q&a done with user @spidey in-character as Crystal McLeod and his player, Logan Webb)

[Image: 8FnCVh9.jpg.]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

[Image: UmZVJaz.png]
[Image: 6gdbFeP.png][Image: auXbs4O.png]
[Image: 1oMA17u.png]

This was a blast. Really enjoyed doing the live interview.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2023, 11:26 AM by MikeLiut.)

Amazing teammates!

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: ekaterina-valieva-spotlight.png]
Thanks @xjoverax for the sig!