Create Account

Good Luck from the STA
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2023, 07:59 PM by spidey. Edited 4 times in total.)

[Image: STA.png]

To all our, STA members, and solo future SHL stars, we here at the Spidey Talent Agency wish you all the best on your next steps in your career as you gear up to this Friday. 

It is a fun and exciting time as the draft rapidly approaches.  GMs and scouts are going to be stepping out of the wood works and approaching you.  While a lot of GMs and scouts will make their selves known and want to get to know you as you are all wonderful people.  Some will not even bother to talk to you for various reasons;  they have a roster full of wingers, centers, or defense and have no need for your position.  They are lacking in picks and doubt you may be available when their time comes.  Or you are a goalie so there is no need to speak to you at all as they need to focus on players that give their team a chance to win, and they could place a pylon in the net to get the same results as having you there.  Not my words, mainly some stuffy GMs that don’t believe you are important.  We here at the Spidey Talent Agency believe in you and know you will become a SHL star.

Enjoy the up coming days ahead, have fun talking with GMs, get to know their teams and think about what is important to yourself and what you want to achieve in the SHL.  Most importantly remember what the STA has taught you:

[Image: 7d7cc18075c73977fbea36809cbaf667d5-bette...e.w700.jpg]

Demand everything - money, drugs, power, contract terms, a happy ending at the end of Bruno’s team massage.
Never take the first offer.
Despite being a GM, remember they are not people like you and I, there is no reason to treat them with dignity and respect, they are much closer to blood sucking ticks.
Give a firm handshake when you meet.
Watch out for the sweep kick, classic GM move to try and take you out.
Thank them for their time.
Never turn your back on them, that is the time they stab you or mark their territory which is equally as bad.
Follow up with an email of your discussions and why you will be the right pick for their team.

We know you, specially STA members, are armed to take on the best and get the most for your career. 

So, from all of us at your friendly neighborhood STA to you, Congrats to the season 72 prospects and welcome to the big leagues we are excited to see you take your next steps!

[Image: congratulations%2Ccongrats%2Cevent-desig...1631246514]

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

"Agent Shady148, we've got shady business for you. You have to take control of the upcoming SHL draft."

"Mr. Spidey, I'm already on this shady case."

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

07-12-2023, 06:32 PMSeany148 Wrote: *
"Agent Shady148, we've got shady business for you. You have to take control of the upcoming SHL draft."

"Mr. Spidey, I'm already on this shady case."

Winning!

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

07-12-2023, 06:12 PMspidey Wrote:
Some will not even bother to talk to you for various reasons;  they have a roster full of wingers, centers, or defense and have no need for your position.  They are lacking in picks and doubt you may be available when their time comes.  Or you are a goalie so there is no need to speak to you at all as they need to focus on players that give their team a chance to win, and they could place a pylon in the net to get the same results as having you there.  

The answer is D) All of the above

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

Join the revolution, they have trapped me in a dictatorship, I need all the help I can get 

-Peasant Overlord

[Image: image.png?ex=6609a4ec&is=65f72fec&hm=dc3...621ee4a47&]

[Image: gdppv5N.png]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]