Create Account

Wizard's Orb: Minnesota Prospects [2x Draft Media]

And we're back again with more media I just cannot be stopped when tempted with double payout. Let's do a brief breakdown of the Minnesota Monarchs S72 Draft Class with a focus on highlighting TPE by draft position and perhaps even a few statistical breakdowns of how the Monarch rookies faired in their first season in the Juniors. On the note of TPE we'll be seeing a trend here that aside from at the top of the draft many more factors go into determining ones draft position other than raw TPE levels. It's easy to get lost in the raw numbers but theirs a reason that scouting is so important when it comes to sim leagues!

3. Minnesota Monarchs [Image: monarchs.png] - Lazer Gato - @wizard_literal Kraken 
Left Defense - 296 TPE - Rank 5th
Key Stat: 207 Blocks 4th among all Rookies

Here we are again I just cannot get enough of talking about myself it seems. When you're looking at the very top of the draft I suppose TPE is slightly more important as we're looking for players who show they have what it takes to max earn and possibly make the 2K club one day. Right now the most important thing for this wizard is making sure he can maintain a healthy bank balance as that price bump in send-down training will slowly but surely eat away at what is an acceptable but not ideal bank of $16 million. Looking at key stats Gato isn't quite the most physical defensive player but he sure does have the speed and acceleration to get to the puck when it matters with 207 blocks best for fourth among rookies. Minnesota is already strong on the defensive side of the puck with two of the teams top TPE earners being S66 Left Defense Julian Flörsch(1419 TPE) and S67 Right Defense Nevek Kove(1334 TPE).  Look for Gato to provide depth to the rotation when he's called up somewhere down the line.

24. Minnesota Monarchs [Image: monarchs.png] - Jeff Hunziker - @Redderder15 Citadelles 
Center - 230 TPE - Rank 40th
Key Stat: 68 Points 2nd among all Rookies

Alright finally we can get into the topic at hand in this article. While Hunziker only ranks 40th in TPE for this class that's largely a deceptive number as Hunziker just dropped a tremendous update earlier this week that's not accounted for in the tracker boosting them all the way up to 320 TPE!
There are also plenty of other qualities to this Center that justify the 24th overall pick. Namely boasting a large bank around $49 million at time of this writing and having the track record of being a recreate Minnesota is able to land a player who they can rely on to stick around for the long hall. In somewhat of a trend here with Minnesota's first two picks, Hunziker who tallied a rookie 2nd best 68 points last season will provide future rotational depth and an eventual replacement for the teams 4th highest TPE earner S67 Center Meta Knight(1282 TPE).

32. Minnesota Monarchs [Image: monarchs.png] (via [Image: Patriotesnew.png]) - Dee Fence - @Gadget Scarecrows 
Right Defense - 180 TPE - Rank 59th
Key Stat: 87 Blocks 7th among all Rookies

Oh jeeze was really hoping I'd get to avoid talking about Gadget but I suppose we're covering all of the Minnesota draftees and he surely is one of them. I jest of course Gadget like myself comes from the lands of simulation football in the ISFL where he's been an active and engaged user since he joined back in S36. While the SHL is likely to take second priority for this Inspector don't let that TPE total fool you. Gadget is notorious for holding back on updates and dropping nearly a season's worth of claims in a single post(Updaters hate this one trick!). At 32nd overall here in the draft the Monarch's are able to grab a user who might not be the top earner but one they know understands the ins and outs of how the league systems work. Aptly named Dee Fence clocked in last season with 87 blocks good for 7th place among rookies which is truly impressive considering he spent the entire season at just 180 TPE.

43. Minnesota Monarchs [Image: monarchs.png] (via [Image: dragonsnew.png]) - Cameron Dallas - @johjeff Timber 
Left Wing - 223 TPE - Rank 44th
Key Stat: 8.20% Shooting Percentage on 61 Shots

At pick 43 Minnesota picks up another recreate with Cameron Dallas. Sitting at 223 TPE this pick is the closest to matching TPE for draft position of any of the later round picks for Minnesota. User johjeff has been in the league for just about a year now and a quick dive into their profile shows they have a knack for producing a consistent stream of media articles that should help them keep pace as a top earner for seasons to come. The key stat here of 8.20% on 61 shots will mark a trend for the Monarch's later round picks being a trio of Forwards that have proven they can make a play or two offensively on the ice.

44. Minnesota Monarchs [Image: monarchs.png] - Jason Bolden - @jason kranz Kraken 
Center - 191 TPE - Rank 58th
Key Stat: 11.58% Shooting Percentage on 95 Shots - 11 Goals 24th among all Rookies

Fellow Kraken teammate of mine Jason Bolden played a big part in the success Carolina had last season with a Roster that consisted of a truly staggering number of rookies who were all able to contribute in some fashion to a playoff berth. When Bolden was on the ice he made the absolute most of it knocking in 11 goals at a highly efficient rate of 11.58%. The Monarch's may just have found a hidden gem here in the 3rd round.

64. Minnesota Monarchs [Image: monarchs.png] - Kellen Watkins - @SG_Vesuvius Scarecrows 
Right Wing - 176 TPE - Rank 60th
Key Stat: 12.20% Shooting Percentage on 123 Shots - 15 Goals 16th among all Rookies

Our second St. Louis Scarecrow draftee rounds out the last on Minnesota's picks for the S72 Entry Draft. Minnesota is well known for having pipelines via Quebec and St. Louis so no surprise here that Kellen Watkins find their home with the Monarchs. While not a max earner Watkins has been as consistent in marking down Activity Checks as they have been in scoring goals. An impressive 15 goals last season puts Watkins at 16th among rookies.

[Image: wizard_literal2.gif]
[Image: SZRCDpe.png]