Create Account

Nothing But Net (NBN) StudiosBrayden Point Interview {x2 draft}
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2024, 09:11 PM by No Goal. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hello everyone I am hockey News Anchor Noel Goal (also known as "No Goal" - "NG" in the interview below) from NBN studios. We are a new a small and new news agency who reports on all things hockey: 

Today we have an interview with SMJHL draftee Brayden Point (BP). 

NG: Good morning Brayden Point! How are you doing today? 

BP: Noel I am doing great! Life is good up here in Canada - a little chilly this year even for a Canadian but a great season for hockey and the ice. How are you doing Noel? 

NG: I am good. Busy day today and this is one of my first interviews within the SHL league. Excited to be here and looking forward to growing with the league - That brings me to my next question: Why hockey? Why not another sport or a traditional 9-5 office job?  

BP: Funny question are you trying to recruit me to NBN? Kidding.. Anyways for me hockey has always been my passion. I have been playing hockey since I grew up and could hold a hockey stick. My dad was my first coach and I played with my brother Riley. We played a lot of hockey it is what you do when it is cold out instead of going outside to the beach for the southern kids we played hockey. Dad would have us outside playing no matter the temp. As they say practice makes good. 

NG:  Isn't the saying "practice makes perfect?"

BP: It is but I do not like that version. There is no such thing as being perfect. There is always room to improve. My version helps to keep me humble and in check. 

NG: Very well I can respect that! Moving into the draft itself. How are you feeling? Has the SHL treated you well thus far?

BP: I am feeling great. I have been reached out and scouted by quite a few GM's. They have asked me all sorts of questions ranging from serious to funny. I would say that the SHL has been a breath of fresh air for me. Hockey is my passion as I stated I grew up playing hockey and when I did not play I watched. This SHL is more to me than just a league it is a community of hockey players. I wish that I had found the community a bit sooner but I am here now! I did put in an application for a head office role and want to take on some form of team leadership if possible. 

NG: Care to share which teams reached out to you? 

BP: I do not share private conversations without express permission from who I had the conversation with. I do this out of respect to who I talked to. It is the right thing to do. I will say Multiple teams have reached out and I have enjoyed getting to meet some of the SHL team leadership. I expect great things and respect anyone who takes on such a critical role. 

NG: Enough said on privacy that is hard to get and then you have those news reporters wanting all the secrets! 

BP: Noel you are one of those people!!  Tongue

NG: Good point...  Interview  Next question is there anyone in the draft you have an eye out for? Any Draftees you think will end up far or you help you draft with?

BP: I am a fan of MattyJ and think him and I would have a very high synergy! He is a left wing and I am a center. There is some natural combos you can do with two offensive players. He is also very active and trains a lot. Someone like him would combo well with me. Those who are active within the SHL go places - who would have thought! Although between you and I Noel I am a bit disappointed I was not mentioned in his HOF article posted earlier today but non the less I respect it. 

NG: Why is that? 

BP: I know I am new and have big shoes to fill but I know I have what it takes to be among the best within the league and go far enough to become a hall of fame legacy player. The kind people respect and either love or hated - but the good hate like "damn that guy stole some cups but man he was good and humble!" The hall of famer where people pull his cards and are wowed even 20, 40, 60, 80 year from now. I have said it once and will say it again I am humble and hungry! 

NG: You seem to like the phrase "Humble and Hungry" care to elaborate? 

BP: Sure thing Noel! One of the first companies I worked for a small retailer will not name since it age me! The manager had a motto "Be Humble Be Hungry" this was a sales based role. He wanted us to drive to be the best while being ethical and true to who we were. I kept the motto and used it ever since. I want to be the best but I am not a trash talker nor do I want to fight on the ice. I want a clean game. I will come out on top but I am not one to brag as a center I am nothing without the players to the left right and defense behind me - not to mention the players and team on the bench coaches, staff, backups etc. 

NG: Wow you worked, went to school and played hockey - you were busy as a kid!

BP: Yes! Time management is important but of course I made it work. I wanted to hold a job to say that I have and to have some extra spending cash while I found a league and new home. 

NG: That is quite ambitious Brayden! Next question You put yourself as first on the draft is that ambition? Arrogance? Inside secret? 

BP: I put myself first as I know I am going to go far. Ideally I get picked first. I am active, new - which has its own appeals, and have a drive plus ambition to go far. Take this interview as an example. The draft has a fair amount of players but this is my third media piece with more to come. I will get the money and TPE to go far and you and anyone reading the transcript after the fact have my word. I am going places with or without you. 

NG: But some of the players are recreates and have more experience and inside  friends do you see that changing the draft?

BP: Noel it could change it but here is the thing everyone was new at once - so if someone is going to be bias let them just know that I will keep up and or out preform them. Really take a look at activity here, the discord, Chirper etc. The players who are active go far - there are plenty even in the SHL pro league that dropped off and stopped training. Time training and on the ice is not equal but time training and on the ice can change over time. 

NG: Solid answer Brayden! You are good at these interviews - I feel like you have done these before. 

BP: I am no stranger to answering questions

NG: It is time for the lightning round I will ask a this or that question and you pick

BP: Sure! Why not. 

NG: Cake or cookie? 

BP: Cookie 

NG: Tampa or Boston? 

BP: Tampa 

NG: Last one! Hat Trick or Game win?

BP: Both - but I know why you asked that Hat Tricks are what I am known for. In the spirit of your question the game win is more important to me and the team even if I do not score at all but I would much prefer both!

NG: I know that is why we like our this or that game! 

BP: Interesting for sure Noel and certainly random..

NG: That is how we shoot sometimes at NBN studios! Brayden do you have any closing remakes in advance of the draft? Anything you want to mention to the SHL league, fans or otherwise? 

BP: Yes! Hello everyone my DM are always open both here and on Discord - if you are a scout/GM I would like to meet you and connect. If you are a future player or teammate as the going gets tough I am here even if we end up on a different team. If you are on the opposing team bring the heat cause I am! To all the fans this one is for you - I play this sport in honor of you all. Hockey is a pleasure of mine and it is my life. I know what it is like to sit in the stand and watch and it is always electric to say the least. To my class of S76 lets make this the best class ever! Good luck and may the draft be ever in your favor! 

NG: Thank you Braydon! Wish you the best and I look forward to covering you more in the future. 
----------------

That concludes my interview with Center Brayden Point the man with a hall of fame plan! If you liked the interview and want to consider supporting good healthy hockey journalism feel free to reach out and or donate to us here at Nothing But Net Studios (NBN). If you would like to be interviewed I am more than happy to help VIA discord - I am sure we can work out some kind of split for the money the article generates. This is Noel Goal "No Goal" live up in Canada interviewing Braydon Point. Anything you would like to see comment below and we will do our best to make it happen! 

(Double 2X draft media - word count 1656)

Falcons Hockey fan for life. I pack the heat and score the goals!   Barracuda

[Image: Point_Celly-13020730.gif] 

Hattricked:

okay you can make the HOF too

[Image: mattyj.png]

01-24-2024, 09:33 PMMattyJ Wrote: okay you can make the HOF too
 Appreciate you man! Hope to be on your team and if not wish you the best!

Hattricked:

good luck in the upcoming draft! I have a feeling youll go top 10

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

01-25-2024, 08:21 PMluke Wrote: good luck in the upcoming draft! I have a feeling youll go top 10

Cheers mate! I appreciate the comment. Good luck in everything you do and look forward to seeing you on the ice one day!

Hattricked: