Create Account

S42 PT #2 - Family

I am one of five boys. Even before I made it to the SHL my family name was well known. It wasn’t for the great things that my family did, or how well behaved we were. When you live in a small town of less than 10,000 and your family can field an entire hockey team, people begin to take notice. My brothers and I are pretty much split into two groups. We have the oldest three who were all born within 5 years of each other, and then the youngest two who were born three years later. We all played together and built that healthy family rivalry, but the rare times when all of us were on the ice and playing against someone else were something else completely. My youngest brother Matvei is the fastest of us. He is always playing a fancy game, and as a defenseman in Russia it is not the most popular. My other younger brother Ignaty is usually his defensive partner, and he plays a similar game to myself. A heavy, power game. He takes pride in removing people from the puck. Both of them are coming up and both are trying to decide if they want to stay in Russia, or try to see if they can follow my steps to the SHL.

[Image: horvat3.png]

Many players are blessed to have a supportive cast of family throughout their hockey careers. Scottey Crawfling is not one of those players. His step father, Corott Darford never bought him pads as a child, and Scottey was forced to goaltend in the Finnish youth leagues in a t-shirt and jeans. However the bruises from slapshots taken to the bare skin molded him into the resilient tendy he is today. After a whipping from his step dad for letting up any amount of goals, win or lose, Crawfling would take comfort in his only 2 friends growing up, 2 lizards named Wally and Henry. Now that Crawfling is finally in the big leagues, bouncing back and forth between Colorado and Seattle, he still brings Wally and Henry everywhere. Crawfling plans to never return to Finland (except for IIHF of course), and he will rely on the unwavering support and dedication of his lizards in hard times.

[Image: Crawfling2.png]

[Image: both.jpg]

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

The two most important people in Iam Essellemm's life are clearly his parents. As it is pretty well known, Iam is of Irish Descent (winning numerous medals with the Ireland National team at the Junior and Senior level). His parents (Heis Essellemm and Sheis Essellemm) are both very well known for their reasons. Heis is a famous Television actor and has been in many TV shows across Ireland. He is actually best known as the host of reality television shows, such as the Irish Survivor and the Irish Bachelor (yes he hosts both). His mother, Sheis, is a famous model who met Heis at a party. While both are in good shape physically neither were known for their athletic talent, so in spite of their fame it was a bit shocking their child was a dominant hockey player at the Junior level and looking like a possible star at the senior level. They have been great parents to Iam and they all have a great relationship.

Clint Eastwood was never helped by his parents. He was born into a family with a mother that had 3 kids previous to him all with different fathers. One with my uncle aka her brother. She left me and so did my father when I was 4. I mean they literally left me. My siblings were all dead and my pet cat was all I had for 2 days until a coyote ate him. I took care of myself by robbing rich women and douchebag men at nightclubs. I robbed danishes and apples at 7/11 in order to survive. Eventually I taught myself to skate by myself. I'd go to school with no parental support or any support. I had a two friends: John and John. The two John's were the only people who supported me. I watched hockey games and learned how to be a bruiser and every hit I throw is frustration after my family literally leaving me. My two John friends are no longer my friends either as they ended up robbing old ladies and getting caught.

Pietra Volkova is very grateful to have a stable support system in both her parents and her own family. Volkova's mother and father have been among her fiercest supporters ever since she started her career in Russia, and though they are no longer living near each other due to Volkova's move to Winnipeg, they still frequently send her care packages to remind her that they're always by her side. Volkova also started a family of her own at a relatively young age with former juniors rival and now-husband Olli O'Koivu. The two saw a bitter rivalry become romance after competing against each other in the same draft class, and settled down early on after having two children together, Anastasia and Aleksi. Their lives are a bit more stable now that O'Koivu has retired and is able to take care of their children full-time while Volkova finishes out her career. Volkova and O'Koivu have raised their children to be hockey players as well, naturally, and hope to see them get drafted into the SHL themselves someday.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2018, 03:34 PM by sarmo.)

The most important people in Nova's life is his family. What makes him happy is his parents, sister, wife and kids. Nova does not put one over the other when it comes to fam and it is his happiness and joy. His wife and kids are his motivation and a big reason what keeps him going, being able to provide generational wealth through the game of hockey is a blessing he is grateful for. Nova also loves his mother, father and sister and they keep in touch almost daily through texts, phone calls and after game when they come see him play. The offseason is very important to him because it is the only time he gets to hang out with the family and enjoy the luxuries of SHL stardom. Still, he spends a lot of time playing in summer league pick up games to stay in shape and always has his kids with him as something for them to look up to since they are his future.

Dicks family is messed up in more than one way. He has 9 half siblings, all with different mothers. His father Ben-Is is a touring rockabilly showman that has a woman in every town and wont be tied down. Dick was tought well by his father and learnt his way, which led him to sleep with 3 of the other women just for the hell of it. His mother called Fittja is a strong women who gave Dick all the strength he has. His father is a skinny prick at 170cm, while his mother is a 2 meter tall amazon. None of them ever played hockey or were even interested, but Dick wanted to take his aggression over his father on something and they wouldn't allow him to do boxing or MMA, so hockey was the next best thing. Dick never losing a fight in the SHL shows his potential and skills.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Isak has always been close with his family, although they live so far away that he rarely gets to see them during the season when they come over from Hell, Norway to visit him and watch him play for a couple of games. His whole family was thankfully able to come over for all three of his cup wins, in juniors and then in the SHL. Other than his parents, he has an older brother, who was also a hockey player growing up although he did not end up playing professionally. His brother doesn't live in Hell, but he does still live in Norway, having moved to Oslo for work. His brother is significantly older, and was close friends and teammates with Mia Landvik growing up, which is why Isak has always looked up to her as a mentor. Even now, on rival teams, Mia is one of the first people Isak's turns to for advice about hockey topics, since his flesh-and-blood family doesn't have the experience to turn to.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

The two most important figures in Connor Tanner's life are his two siblings: Jack and Barbara (Barbie) Tanner. The trio entered the league together and progressed well until Barbara hit a snag in her development ultimately causing her to fall behind and eventually leave the sport she loves, but she still comes to every single Edmonton home game to support her brother and watch the game she loves ever so much. She is the loving supporting one who watchs him play and cheers him on from the sidelines, she is the mom of the siblings.

Jack however, Jack couldn't be paid enough to sit through an Edmonton game, and even when he is on the ice as my opponent you will rarely see him share the ice with Connor and that is purely because if he gets on the ice he will chirp him until the refs start handing out unsportsmanlike conduct penalties to him, it's brotherly love though and that is all that matters.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Alonzo Garbanzo doesn't have a lot of contact with his family, mainly because they have been in a long turf war with the local mafia in their hometown in Italy. Some times Garbanzo sends a card to the general area, hoping one of his parents or siblings will get one, but in the end they typically don't and he is left wondering. He normally receives cards from his eldest brother Fernando, who has made a great living using the Garbanzo name to scare off the locals from their wine and give it to other members of his family. His father actually has traveled to the states to see Alonzo play, and Alonzo has been very grateful for it, because there is something about playing in front of your father and feeling that sense of pride that you are making your father proud. Alonzo thinks that next time his dad comes to the states he will try and convince him to stay here, and maybe bring the whole family along, since the whole turf war thing is a real drag and nothing you can really take a vacation from.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Gary Grease has a pet that he likes. His pet has a name. Gary Grease's Pet's name is Tyranitar. Tyranitar is a fish, that swims around in water that Gary has collected in a tank. Tyranitar likes to swim around really fast, and sometimes he even does some tricks! He can jump out of the water and do flips, backflips, and much more! I'm not sure what his favourite food is, Gary just buys some powdered food for him at the local pet store. Tyranitar seems to enjoy this food very much! Tyranitar looks pretty cool too! He is two different colours. The two different colours that Tyranitar has is orange and blue. These colours look very nicely together on Tyranitar! Sometimes Gary Grease brings Tyranitar with him on the road. Everyone on the Jets loves to have Tyranitar around, and see him do his classic tricks like flips and backflips. Another important figure in Gary Grease's life is his Dad.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

Jordan von Matt grew up alongside his twin brother, and his parents. Oddly enough, they were primarily a baseball family as opposed to a hockey family. Every year, they would all go visit 3 or 4 baseball stadiums around the country, attempting to see as many different ones as they could. While they aren't able to go as a family every year any more, Jordan and his brother hope to continue on that tradition for as long as they can.

Jordan's parents instilled his great work ethic. They were both teachers, so Jordan's efforts in school were made a huge priority before anything sports-related. Jordan absolutely feels that it was the right move, even if he didn't agree with it at the time. “My career as a hockey player isn't going to last forever. At some point, I'm going to have rejoin society, and I'm glad that I got an education first. One big hit, one mistake, and it could be all over for you. It's sobering, but I thank my parents every day for what they pushed me towards”.

[Image: RwiyMr0.jpg]

[Image: 7Etj3GU.jpg]

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Yannick Berger has always had family in his corner while making his way through the hockey world. His mom and dad always supported him, taking him to practice while growing up, spending time teaching him and really helping him get a grasp of hockey as a whole. The Berger household is a really close family, Yannick’s parents, his siblings, everyone is close even when not everyone is near. Everyone supports each other and looks out for each other, although as a family they can tend to be pretty crazy at times. Whether it’s running around on holidays or special events, or just packing everyone in for hockey games, the family always supports each other and the parents of Yannick Berger love watching his games. They come out whenever they can which is less now that he is overseas and playing in the SHL, but they still make it every once in a while. (153 words)

[Image: U04Nn2j.gif]