Create Account

Intro to Luke Thomason
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2018, 04:00 PM by luke.)

First time Media posting x2 bonus(940 words)

General Information
Name: Luke Thomason
Born: Czechoslovakia
Position: LW
Handiness: Left Handed
Style: Playmaker Forward
Height and Weight: 6'0 and 185 Lb's

Introduction
Looking at Luke Thomason you can already tell that he is an up and coming prospect in the SMJHL draft. Immeditlyfrom looking at his playmaking ability you can tell that he is very skilled in skating and puck handling will only improve as he moves up the league. Though he is not the biggest player in the league he does not need to outmuscle the defenseman as he is skating circles around him willing to pass the puck to his teammates.  Being a playmaking left winger makes Luke a crucial role for any team that needs people to pass the puck their snipers or up ahead for a breakaway goal.

Luke is definitely someone to keep an eye on in the next coming years. Whoever drafts him will have a quality winger on their hands.

Background
When I was growing up in Czechoslovakia my parents and I lived right outside of the capital, Prague. Growing up, my family and I did not have a lot, but what we did have was the love of hockey. Growing up with 2 older brothers and 2 younger brothers, it challenged me to try to beat my older brothers in hockey and football(soccer for Americans) as well as teach my younger brothers the sport as well.

Growing up with 4 other siblings, we did not have that much money to pass around, so I wore a lot of used gear, but what I always pride myself of taking excellent care of my stick and skates. I always make sure that I always had the 2 items around me at all times, so I could always practice. I was determined to become a professional hockey player to make my family proud.

Since my brothers were always bigger than me, I had to learn other ways to get around them while playing on the rink, so I started to develop my skating abilities when I was young. Trying to trip them up and make them fall made me want to learn the various techniques to juking out my opponents. Of course, the next challenge was what to do with the puck so with the help of my coaches I was able to develop that too.

What are your goals?
Well ever since I was little I watched the Czech national team every year and watching them lose always left a bitter taste in my mouth. One season they went all the way to the finals to lose, only getting silver.  From there on I was determined to make the national team and help my team get Gold to show the world that the Czechs can play hockey. Of course, I also want to get drafted into the SMJHL and then eventually the SHL and be one of the best playmakers in the game. I want to constantly improve and help lead my team to the championships.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Well, earlier I said my strengths were passing, puck handling, and skating. I feel that this trio of strengths will really help me develop into the hockey player that I want to be. I always consider my self-someone that pass first and get the assist than shoot first and miss. I also feel that these strengths are good for defense, as my positioning will help me block shots and move the puck past the blue line. My big weakness on the ice is my checking ability.

For myself, I do not really need to be checking big targets as I can just outmaneuver them. Of course defensively not being able to check that well will have the shortcomings but I feel that I make up for it with my strengths, and I will definitely work on my weaknesses. My other weakness if fighting, I would rather want to embarrass them by out-skating them and putting the puck in the net than punching them. That being said I will defend my teammates if need be, a team is a family.

Why should SMJHL teams look at you while drafting this Sunday?
They should look at me because I will always give the team 110% all the time. I will play every shift like it is my last and I am determined to always improve each game and train on and off the ice. I will always want to bring out the skill in others and make them better hockey players because of it. I know I am not the best player in the draft, but I am one of the hardest workings, wanting to make my dream come true of making an SHL team. I know whoever drafts me this Sunday will be having me around for the next couple seasons so as I improve I hope I help improve the team too.

Any parting words for any GM or future player reading this?
To the Gm's I would like to say that if you give me a chance and draft me onto your team you will not be disappointed. I will fight for every goal and for every puck, and I am always getting better each day. I want to make your team better and maybe while I am there we can win the championship. For my future teammates reading this, I will not let you down, I will fight tooth and nail to help up get the win and I will remember to pass the puck to you so you can boost your stats.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Looks like someone to keep an eye out for in the draft.....

Best of luck!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

07-06-2018, 01:50 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Looks like someone to keep an eye out for in the draft.....

Best of luck!

Would you look at that

this guy shouldve gone first oa tbh

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

For a second, I thought you had JUST written an intro about yourself. I was like, Luke, man. You're not new anymore.

@"luketd"

[Image: tempsnip.png]
[Image: image0.jpg?width=360&height=180]

Who?

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

10-24-2018, 01:33 AMgerarob Wrote: For a second, I thought you had JUST written an intro about yourself. I was like, Luke, man. You're not new anymore.

@"luketd"

Lol. I’m new in my heart

Wonder what happened to this bust.

[Image: lebbish.gif]