Create Account

Rich and Adam Do a Podcast #28

LINK TO CAST

-------------------------------

This week, we talk about candy, the Tampa Bay relocation, the new divisions, playoffs, and awards!

This week's key visual is titled, "This Week in HO."

Shoutouts this week go to our question-askers (@"luketd", @FlappyGiraffe, @StaticShocked), American Football (the band, not the sport), Modern Baseball (the sport, not the band), Dominik Kubalík, Ryan Rishaug, whoever told Chiarelli to get the fuck out of Edmonton, and Connor McDavid's barber.

Fuck you's this week go to peanut m&ms, black licorice, and lemon skittles.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

@Rich you sound adamant that STHS isn't random. My experience in S42, getting New England to the finals, seems to contradict this. That was pretty much a 1-line team. I personally think a lot of randomness led to NEW going to the finals. Do you think this was an exception to your rule? Link to the s42 playoff's index.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

01-27-2019, 04:30 AMTorbvo Wrote: @Rich you sound adamant that STHS isn't random. My experience in S42, getting New England to the finals, seems to contradict this. That was pretty much a 1-line team. I personally think a lot of randomness led to NEW going to the finals. Do you think this was an exception to your rule? Link to the s42 playoff's index.

Of course, an element of randomness exists in the sim. If I made it sound like I thought there was no random element at all, that was my mistake. Game by game results can vary a lot, everyone who has been around the league for a little while knows that. This seems to be truer in playoffs. I don’t know if that is built in to the sim, or because of the smaller number of games played. Maybe a bit of both. I find regular season results to be quite predictable. Still, there is a random element there too, as we saw with Buffalo this season. One of the best rosters in the league and they finish at the bottom of their conference. At the start of the season I would have said it would be foolish to predict that Buffalo would not make the playoffs.

My main issue is that it seems like there is an attitude around the league that randomness is the defining characteristic of STHS. I don’t agree with that at all. So, when I get asked to make a prediction, and part of that question includes the sim randomness, I get a little annoyed. I think that roster strength and that strength relative to conference opponents is the most accurate way to predict team success.

I could be completely off-base and projecting that attitude when I see comments like that about STHS.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

this was a podcast

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

01-27-2019, 02:03 PMRich Wrote: My main issue is that it seems like there is an attitude around the league that randomness is the defining characteristic of STHS. I don’t agree with that at all. So, when I get asked to make a prediction, and part of that question includes the sim randomness, I get a little annoyed.

This is definitely one of my biggest pet peeves when people start making predictions and trying to analyze things

boogely

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2019, 03:39 AM by Slappydoodle.)

First off Rich, you are absolutely right about that Fleetwood Mac album cover. My mom had that record when i was a kid. Those dangling balls have disturbed me my whole life.

The more i hear everyone stating that the Dragons need a new logo, the more i find myself against changing it. And for Ace, wirh his bear/wolf/ badger thing to rag on us is just silly .

I think New Orleans with Joe K and Roman Augustus as jumping off points could probably be competitive right away if that's the direction they decide to go.

Also @adamantium why doesnt the HO involve the whole league in the plans around expansion? I think it would be immeasurably better in every way to be as open as possible about it. Why not lay plain all the plans before anything is implemented and let the league as a whole pour over it. I guarantee a far better final product as a result. You would also foster a lot of good will with everyone as opposed to the inevitable bitching and yelling when the plan is presented as a fait accompli. The tight fist of secrecy is a large part of the problem with people's perception of H.O. Why not use the excellent minds we have around here to make things better? Channelbthe leagues focus into something positive for a change.

Black liquorice is awful and all sour candy sucks.

Good work fellas Cheers

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2019, 05:27 AM by Wasty.)

I’m pretty disappointed @adamantium could even name “Tusk” in his top 5. I love that song it’s so fun!

Also reviving this thread here after listening more: Jets Logo?

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]