Create Account

AN IIHF BID...
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2019, 11:23 PM by Wawazat. Edit Reason: A=AN=wtfever )

Légion Etrangère Française de Hockey

When I looked over the eligible potential IIHF expansion countries a week ago, I felt that an overlooked opportunity was France...Yes the neglected (former) superpower, the lynchpin of the EU...a rabid sports minded country with an insignificant and trivial history in the sport of ice hockey. ...Basically, the perfect candidate for an SHL IIHF entry.
With a listed potential roster of only 3 players. France would have to accept numerous transfers to create a workable roster. So with the lack of personnel I began to contemplate possible ideas to recruit players. And it occurred to me that this perfectly fit a very French idea.
Did you know that the French Foriegn Legion is a military service branch of the French Army established in 1831. Legionnaires are highly trained infantry soldiers and the Legion is unique in that it was, and continues to be, open to foreign recruits willing to serve in the French Armed Forces. Several things helped with this idea. France provides that any member of the Legion that serves 3 years honorably is eligible to apply for French citizenship and should a Legionnaire be wounded/ injured during a battle for France can immediately apply to be a French citizen under a provision known as "Français par le sang versé" ("French by spilled blood.") This seemed a very appropriate tool considering hockey is a confrontational sport known to be sometimes violent ( how shocking?!?) to a level of spilled blood.
So with the need to create a little interest and expand the potential roster. I thought it only natural to use this..."Français par le sang versé" "French by spilled blood." concept to sport , especially a sport we all care about here in the SHL..Ice Hockey.
So it's Team France and the "Légion Etrangère Française de Hockey" = A French Foriegn Legion of Hockey.
I thought this was simply too good an idea not to try and promote.

I threw up a couple posts in the IIHF expansion thread...maybe you saw these.

Team France

"Légion Etrangère Française de Hockey"

So I applied as Team France..is my player French...No...That can be fixed.
Do I have any expertise in the sim..No...So need a Tactician/Coach.
Do I have any experience in team management ...No....So need a GM.
These positions are potentially available to the right member of Team France.
Hey, No Guts ...No Glory.
I see that there's been another application for France and that is awesome as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully some of these concepts are useable for any potential French team entry.
So dear reader it's your chance to help create something new and fresh and French ..Are you stuck buried on the Canadian or USA roster with almost no chance of getting significant ice time...Think France.
Are you a potential Russian superstar that just can't quite break thru ...
Think France.
Are you stuck on team World with no real identity or "Esprit de Corps"...Think France.
I've asked @Julio Tokolosh...to think about Team France uniforms and here a quick peak on the rough general idea on those.

[Image: WkROgr3.png]

[Image: FJ1LTBY.png]

So you can see its an entry with potential but like any jigsaw puzzle needs a couple pieces to complete.
Should France be lucky enough to be selected as an expansion team for the IIHF. I will be more than happy to transfer to Team France no matter who gets the team.

“Vive la France”, “Vive la liberté”

Blatant cash grab (665+) Genuine thought provocation on a dull ass Wednesday..(PRICELESS)

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

an iihf bid*

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

02-27-2019, 08:28 PMcpetrella Wrote: an iihf bid*

une iihf bid*

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

pardonnez-moi, je suis désolé c'est tellement à moitié assed ..
Je veux juste voir la France sur la scène mondiale de SHL...(via Google translate)

UPDATE PAGE

“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

hungary > france

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

02-28-2019, 08:30 PMdaBenchwarmer Wrote: hungary > france

[Image: giphy.gif]

UPDATE PAGE

C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

je suis un requin. je te mange.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

03-01-2019, 06:11 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: je suis un requin. je te mange.

[Image: ground-shark-prints.jpg]

UPDATE PAGE

C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa