Create Account

S61 Argonauts Prospects Update

Argonauts S61 Prospects Update 

Time for an update on Seattle’s prospects in the Juniors: 

Center Daud Ramza @Blasoon

A former Carolina Kraken, Ramza was selected in the Expansion Draft to move West to the Elk. Then appointed Captain, Ramza was the #1 center the Elk had, and led the Elk in team scoring in its inaugural season, and has done well in a leadership role for a new team, trying to build up to glory. Currently with 18 goals, 35 assists and 53 points, those numbers have been solid for a weaker Regina team. On top of that, Ramza is a physical and tenacious player on defense, blocking and hitting at an even amount, with 96 blocks and 93 hits. He was named Regina’s only representative at the All-Star Game, and in his last season, he has provided a tremendous boost, as a leader and a player, to the brand-new Elk. Seattle will be getting a proven J player that plays an excellent two-way game, and pays attention to both ends of the ice. The Argonauts 5th overall pick from Season 59 will be looking to make an impact sooner or later. 

After that, Seattle does not have any S60 prospects. 

Right Defense Landon Fischermann @efischermann

Now, moving onto a plentiful S61 crop of players, Fischermann was selected 1st among them, 10th overall. In his words himself, he wanted to be a “two-way dman that focuses defense first.” Well, in his second season in the Juniors, he has done a lot more than that Vancouver, who were a formidable team this season. Fischermann has not looked out of place at all in the Whalers Top 4, playing heavy minutes and producing in them. He was hovering near the point per game mark as a defenseman at times during the season, but still is at an exceptional 12 goals, 38 assists and 50 points in 63 games, good for 4th leaguewide. That is a 0.79 PPG, which is insane and crazy for a 2nd year defenseman. That standout season was easily recognized this year, as he named an All Star and one who could contend for an award. Along with his steady defense, his original primary objective, this elite scoring he has given Vancouver cements him as one of the top 2-way defenseman in the SMJHL currently. The Argonauts will get a talented player with tons of room to grow. 

Goalie Willie Miller @Sebster

After Nevada had a historically bad season in S60, they have improved upon their stats, and Willie Miller is a big part of the team’s gradual improvement. He has faced 1682 shots so far, 2nd in the league. In his rookie year, he faced 2454 shots, leading the league. Though his first season did not look particularly good, the high shot volume and lack of defense may balloon his numbers a bit. Although the stats (3.93 GAA and 0.901 SV%) do not paint a very rosy picture, they are notably better than his rookie year, and some could debate Nevada would be much worse off without him. Miller has played the big minutes for Nevada in the last two seasons, and as the Battleborn slowly awaken from their rebuild, Miller’s stats should get a nice boost. Selected 12th overall, Miller is slated to become Seattle’s #1 Goalie of the Future, and although it may not look like it right now, he is primed to develop into what the Argonauts have been looking for.  

Center Max Manning myself

Ok, so it feels a bit weird to write about myself, so I’ll just commentate for my point of view.  

My first season was horrendous. An absurdly low shooting percentage led to an atrocious 3 goals scored only on 72 shots, and although the assists, 15 were a bit better, it was a disappointing and sad rookie season that was filled with pain and misery. Now, fast forward to my second season. What a difference it was. Getting top 6 minutes, I scored 20 goals, 33 assists and 53 points. That is almost triple what my point total was in my 1st year, along with a very nice 69 blocks. Also, my lovely friends in Colorado managed to sneak me into the All-Star Game. Overall, I would say this season was all right, the improvement was nice to see and this was definitely more on par to what I expected. The goal is to win Most Improved this year, although that will be an uphill climb. I can’t wait to hopefully take another step from here, and really change some team’s minds for not drafting me. With the seasons to come, I am super excited to get to play in Seattle and make an impact, as a playmaking center in the big leagues.  

Right Wing Gabe-Gooney-Waters Harrak @nour

Acquired in a deal with the Hamilton Steelhawks, Harrak is the 2nd of many soon-to-be and current Colorado alumni playing in Seattle. Harrak seems to have picked up the Manning curse, not being able to finish and score, only getting 7 goals past the goalie on over 120 shots. However, on the bright side, he has been a great play driver, tallying 32 assists, for 38 points on the season, also receiving some bigger minutes to play in. While 38 points doesn’t sound too otherworldly, considering some of the bad luck that has struck, Harrak could have easily been inching for 50 points with some better luck, which would have been another welcomed breakout for Colorado and Seattle. With this is mind, there is not much to panic about, and as he develops along, Harrak will for sure find the back of the net a bit more in the future. Even though he may not be a very physical and intimidating forward when he plays, his smart and sharp decision-making and plays should allow him to be a reliable and dependable two-way forward for the Argonauts.  

Left Defense Jamal Nightingale @academydropout

Speaking of breakouts and Colorado players, Jamal Nightingale nicely fits that mold. Ever since drafted, his energy and focus has been at defense, and it shows. His defensive acumen and awareness have not changed at all since his rookie year. A shutdown defender at heart, Nightingale plays with grit and intensity isn’t afraid to sacrifice his body when it comes to blocking shots or hitting other opponents. His 124 hits and 83 blocks all are near or top Colorado’s leaderboards, and besides his physical play, his goal and shot suppression in his own zone have been stellar. What has been surprising, is the offense that he has been able to provide. 8 goals, 24 assists and 32 points are quite extraordinary for a defensive defenseman, and an incredible jump from his 17 points last season. Put that all together, you get a rock-solid defensive expert, who also can put up some scoring, that is an elite defenseman right there. That eventually could become a big steal for Seattle in the 3rd round, getting someone who always will show up and do his job, even though it may not be flashy or exciting. 

Right Defense Magnus Galtisson @Hall

The final prospect and Raptor today, we have another defenseman in Magnus Galtisson. Although I am not really sure which development path he will take, Season 61 has shown to be a more two-way inclined game for Galtisson. In a way, he is like Nightingale, who is more of a defensive defenseman at the core, but has shown offensive potential with improvements from last season too. With 7 goals, 27 assists and 34 points, that has been more than good enough for the Raptors, who have played him in a more conservative and stay-at-home style. Plus, the offense and solid scoring, Galtisson is another tough defender to play against, who has had 105 hits this season, making it hard to really score and get chances off him. He has been particularly good in his own zone, and can jump in and fight when needed. Seattle could have another promising defensive defenseman who can chip in with some nice depth scoring, and someone again, who is a reliable and trustworthy defenseman who can do a bit of everything. 

That wraps up my Argonauts Prospect Updates! See you next season! Go Argos! Argonauts

1377 words

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Great work Jay, the future looks bright as hell Argonauts

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Argonauts

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

Manning will definitely end up especially good, mostly because of my fantasy advice

GGW Harrak will be horrible though because he has Gabe in his name

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Good read, the whole Colorado squad is in Seattle it feels like!

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

when on the ice, i take a stand
i block the puck, i hit the man
from blue line i take a stroll
they dont expect; i score the goal

UpdatesPlayer Page