Create Account

Appeals Team Announcement
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 04:34 PM by Patty.)

Hey SHL Community,

Following up on our conversation from the last State of the Union, SHL HO is officially putting in motion the plans for our new Appeals Committee! This was something we’ve had in conversation for a little over a season now, and is something that we feel will bring some needed clarity and stability to the appeals process, and give the site at large more of a say in matters like this, where the lines tend to be more grey than black and white, even for HO.

So how will this work? @DrunkenTeddy will be posting apps later today for 4 seats on the Appeals Committee, which will consist of the 4 seats just mentioned, as well as SHL Owners with an active player. This is obviously a very delicate job on the site so we’re being careful with how we want the team distributed to avoid biases in discussion topics, so for that reason, HO Members, as well as SHL and SMJHL GMs are barred from the position. We know this is restrictive, but the reality is most appeals tend to come from GMs, and it wouldn’t be useful to have a GM on the committee who would have to excuse themselves on almost every discussion brought to the table. Finer details like deadline for applications and base pay will be elaborated on in the hiring post.

Finally, for clarity’s sake, we’re gonna be detailing what the appeals process is going to look like going forward. Subject to changes in conversation with the new team, we’re looking at a system where following the posting of a punishment, the offending party will have 48 hours to notify the Appeals team of their decision to appeal, and an additional 48 hours from that point to submit their appeal to the Committee for review. For an appeal to succeed, voting within the committee must always be a majority (if there are 6 total members, 4/6 must vote in favour of the appeal etc). Any result that is tied or lower than majority will result in the initial punishment being upheld.

We hope this helps to buy back some trust in the punishment process with you all, and be on the out look out for the hiring thread later today.

On behalf of the SHL Head Office
nour

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

i hate this trade me

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

01-27-2022, 04:23 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: i hate this trade me

Same

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 04:27 PM by luke.)

I mean, so instead of the commish + co commish + owners appealing the situation it’s going to be handed to 4 people + Teddy and Leafs. And the 4 people rotate.

Hopefully we have 4 competent people that apply

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

01-27-2022, 04:26 PMluke Wrote: I mean, so instead of the commish + co commish + owners appealing the situation it’s going to be handed to 4 people + Teddy and Leafs. And the 4 people rotate.

Hopefully we have 4 competent people that apply

The key word here is "apply"

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

A split vote by definition is not a majority. But I'm just being pedantic at this point.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Hiring post here: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=121744

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Are there any additional factors that would constitute conflicts of interest? Say a department head presiding over an appeal from their own department, an appeal from their own team, etc.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

01-27-2022, 05:27 PMbbjygm Wrote: Are there any additional factors that would constitute conflicts of interest? Say a department head presiding over an appeal from their own department, an appeal from their own team, etc.
Yeah we probably should clarify, if any of the appeals members have a conflict of interest such as being on the team being punished, they would be excluded from the voting for that appeal.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]