Create Account

Is this all real? [2x Draft Media]

I am on the plane as I fly across the Atlantic on my way to Quebec and I sometimes feel like I am just having a dream, I am going to wake up and I am back in Galway working at the chippie. But then it hits me, this is real, the last few months have been real and I really sitting in first class as I fly to Quebec. As I was sitting in the first class lounge (yes, there really is such a thing) I realized that even though Quebec is in Canada, their official language is French. Oh wow, yea, I took a couple of classes while I was in school, but I didnt pay any attention. I even traveled to France and Belgium and I was able to speak a little, but like all other things like that, if you dont use it, you forget it. I know they will speak English there, but I want the fans to like me. I think that I am going to brush up on my French, practice it and hopefully get better at speaking it. My Ma was thinking about this, when I was emptying my bag out for the security checkpoint at the airport, I saw she had put a couple of French phrase books in there for me. She is so old-fashioned, but I think they might come in handy. Speaking of Ma....

Yea, Ma took it pretty hard that I was leaving again. I dont think she really thought I would make it in North America. I mean, dont get me wrong, she is proud of me and all, but I think she never really thought I would make it this far. I feel like she thought after I got it out of my system I would be coming home, but this all changes that. Sunday was so crazy. I think every person who had ever spoken to me or Da stopped by to congratulate me. Ma was busy in the kitchen, cooking washing up....keeping busy. She would walk by me, give me something to eat and kiss me on the head or rub my shoulder, in that way that Ma's do. After everyone had gone I went up to my room to double check that I had packed everything and I realized how quiet the house had become. I went downstairs and saw that Da had fallen asleep in his chair, there was the reruns of an old hockey game on the telly, I dint think he can watch enough now and Ma was sitting at the table, her hands wrapped around her favorite tea cup.

I poured myself a cup and sat down with her. She looked up and smiled at me. I reached out and took my hand in hers. She smiled again, the way that every Ma does when she doesnt have the strength to say the words that are in her mouth, in her heart. We sat and drank our tea in silence, holding hands and occasionally looking at each other. The house was ever so quiet, but I think that both of us knew this was one of those times, that silence was the sound we both needed to hear. After a while, I realized what was left of my tea was cold and Ma had that distant look in her eyes, so I kissed her on the forehead, told her I loved her and went to bed. I dont know what time she finally went to bed herself, I surprisingly was asleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow.

The next morning, I was up and getting ready with all of the excitement of someone who knew that a big change was coming and didnt know what to expect. I dressed comfortably, I knew that being on the airplane for 7 hours would not be the greatest experience of my life, lol (little did I realize how comfortable 1st class is) and walked down the stairs, carrying my bags. Ma was up and had breakfast ready (a full Irish again) and Da was sitting at the table talking to a man I had never seen before. He introduced himself as Sean, my limo driver. The team had sent a limo to take me to the airport! How cool is this!! I guess that is what happens to top 10 draft picks? Do all draft picks get this treatment? I dont know, but I could get used to this!

I finished my breakfast and was expecting Ma and Da to go with me to the airport when they told me they were going to say their goodbyes at the house. I wasnt ready for that. We hugged and said the "I Love you's" and Da shock my hand so hard, I thought he was going to break my hand and through gritted teeth told me how proud he was of me. His expression caught me off guard but I later realized it was just his emotion and he didnt know how else to share it. I walked out the door, Da behind me carrying my bags and it looked like the whole street had turned out to wish me luck! It was 330AM!! What was everyone doing here?

Sometimes people do such odd things! 

During the ride to the airport I kept looking out the windows, soaking it all in, not sure when I would be back here. At the airport I was taken in through a special entrance for 1st class passengers (something else I didnt know existed) and went straight through customs and immigration. I walked through the airport and was even asked for my autograph! 

Man, this is so cool!! Boarded the aircraft first, got a big fancy seat and on my way to Quebec...now where is that French book?

Defender St Louis Scarecrows: S78-

Loving the background so far! We love to take care of our own here in Quebec, and hope you love it here as much as we do!

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

We will make sure to book weekly facetime with Ma so she can be sure you are doing well. Also, we offer free french crash courses to all our rookies, so fan can cheer when they speak french!

Citadelles Citadelles Citadelles Citadelles Citadelles

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]