Create Account

S69 PT #2: Contract Talks February 5th @ 11:59 PM (PST)
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2023, 01:42 AM by hockeyiscool. Edited 1 time in total.)

Well, not to break the fourth wall here but I am going to break the fourth wall. As the current GM of the Tampa Bay Barracuda, Dwight Knight really has no detailed contractual demands as he is essentially an oligarchic ruler when it comes to contracts and negotiations. In reality though Dwight Knight does not really have any demands for his contract or player. Dwight has always been a team minimum player and has also taken a hometown discount whenever he has been able to in order for other players on his team to progress in a positive manner as Dwight Knight knows that he really does not have the contractual need for money. In addition to the lack of a need for money this is largely due to Dwight being raised on a farm with a lot of brothers and sisters and always expected to do the right thing or the thing that is the least inconvenience for the person in power in order to get the common goal accomplished.

[170+ words]

Creative Prompt:
Roddy B is very particular when it comes to his pre-game routine, and has needs that are addressed explciitly in his contract retainer. Before every game he MUST have one(1) 400ml glass of skim milk, served chilled, and four(4) chocolate and cream sandwich cookies.

At each period break, he will have 35g of crunchy peanut butter and one half a navel orange.

At the end of every game, there will be three(3) pieces of fried chicken delivered to his locker, along with an ice-cold juice box (grape).

After every practice, his locker will be provided with a warm face cloth, and a glass of chilled coconut water.

All of these are vital, extremely important parts of his routine and training mentality. Roddy and his agent have very clear expectations about these particular items, and they are considered non-starters. Even a single item missing usually warrants a call to his agent. Having been with Montreal for so long, this is has not been an issue.

[Image: banes.png]

Noel has part ownership of a brewery back in his hometown of Lyon France that he runs with his old brother and their dad. When he signed in Winnipeg they opened up a new location there. As part of his contract talks he negotiated that his brewery's beer would be available at all Winnipeg Aurora games and also be the primary alcohol provider for all team functions, like team parties or charity events, anything sort of non-game team related function. It's a win-win for both him and the team, as it created an extra incentive for him to sign with the team and it also creates more business and revenue for his brewery. Plus, now his teammates don't have to drink the shitty popular beer that are normally associated with sports teams like Bud Light or Molson or something. Another small contract stipulation he negotiated is that the team and arena operations are not allowed to play any Carly Rae Jepsen in his presence. They dated for a while and ended on a sour note, so he doesn't like to hear her music.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Christian Kinsinger wants to take care of himself and his money. He relies on an agent to ensure his contract have all the i's dotted and t's crossed. It's no simple task to make sure everything in a contract covers all the right bases, so entrusting an agent was a simple choice, especially for someone coming from Europe to play in North America. Kinsinger has gone through 2 different agents in his time in the SHL, though both worked for the same company. A prestigious agency that has worked with players across many leagues, Kinsinger has full trust in his agent. He had 1 of their minor league agents while playing for Kelowna, and once promoted to Winnipeg, he now works with an agent who has penned contracts for great names such as Chris York, Byron Dolls, Colben Fairborn, Marcus Holloway, and more. Kinsinger has only had good things to say about his agent, and considering the high volume of hall-of-fame players worked with, Kinsinger is in pretty good hands.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

The first people I check in is with my family first, not nessicery but I like them to know what's going on in my life since being so far away for so long now. The next person is my long time translator who was my fathers back in the day because I'm not so business savvy yet and they can easily relay all my demands to whoever my player agent is, I haven't met any of them yet.. They keep changing. Whenever receiving official offers it's all me mostly, I check emails, send them on to my supports and make sure I get up in time for the calls or potential meetings at whichever coffee shop is closest. Other than a family friend close by I can for sure be a little private with my dealings so not a lot of people know the details but it's pretty easy stuff and I've learned a lot myself to let another person handle my experience!

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2023, 02:12 AM by blakec1414. Edited 1 time in total.)

My dearest @hotdog,

it has come to my attention that you do not intend to send my dear goalie Alexis Texas back to Regina after the season of our lord sixty-nine. Consider this a warning - do not trifle with me. I have nether the time, nor the patience, to play these petulant games you insist upon thrusting into my path to victory. Texas is Regina property, by birth and by girth, and you WILL return to me what is mine, posthaste. Upon a failure to abide by my simple request, I will be forced to re-neg on the terms of our contract that was consumated in the offseason. You will lose the rights to your cherished 3rd line grinder, and your reputation as a manger will leave alongside me. I trust you to be a man of honor in this regard, but mark my words, oh warmed sausage: your actions will have consequences.

(152 words)

[Image: kezia-elk4-smol.png]
sig by me (:

Kezia MacKenzie - LW - Regina Elk - Atlanta Inferno

Sophie Bordeleau's generally not too demanding of a player, as SFP's been giving her a chance to show what she can do, but like everyone she has her soft spots. She likes to buy a cup of tea on the way to the morning skate, so her next contract will have a kettle included. She also wants the team to invest in cybernetic enhancement so that her favourite linemate Leon Athanasios will never retire so that she can always be passing the puck to him for goals. As well, Sophie wants to give back to her community, so part of the deal is to get some opportunities to work with the community. Overall, though, she's a pretty chill person when it comes to contract demands and just wants to help be a part of the team and lead them to success. There will be plenty of opportunities for more contracts in the future, and Sophie is happy to take a "cross the bridge when she comes to it" philosophy for negotiations.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Kermit has several important clauses that he considers dealbreakers in any contract negotiations. These are so important to him that he's willing to forgo money to ensure they are honoured, which is why he consistently takes home town discounts on his extensions rather than anything resembling market value for a highly touted defender of his calibre. The first of these is an anti heckler clause. Since his early days with the Detroit Falcons, Kermit has been plagued by two elderly men who buy front row tickets behind the bench and make sarcastic comments. It is now stated in his contract that these two individuals are barred from home games, meaning they can only be mean to Kermit if they travel to Seattle's away games. The second is a personal time allowance for a heavy filming schedule, which allows Kermit to complete movie projects alongside a cast of friends and colleagues (also puppets). Finally, he is contractually obligated to receive bacon as part of every team breakfast on the road, as bacon is forbidden at home by his controlling wife

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

obviously B Jobin is a very good team player kinda guy always helping out his general managers by taking team friendly minimum deals and they are really lucky to have a guy like that who is so kind and loving and puts the team first thats a good guy to have and it does nothing to do with the fact that he stinks. But how does B Jobin know hes valued by the Steelhawks?? Well in his contract he has it so that everyone on the team has to give him a big kiss before every game thats a stipulation it makes him feel loved when he realizes he gets paid so much less than everyone else so the big kisses help. Also in his contract is they have to keep the vending machines stocked with those hersheys cookies and cream milkshakes that like come in a bottle i dont know if yall have ever had those but they fucking bang theyre delicious

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Quote:Written Task: When contract talks come around, who does your player rely on for help? Is it an agent? A parent? A mentor? Nobody? Who do you talk to when it comes time for you to sit down and try to get the best deal for yourself? How long have you known them? Where did you meet them? Why do you trust them? If you don't involve anyone else in these conversations, why not? (150+ words)

The best and worst thing about contract negotiations for Aleksi Kettu is, well, himself. He has no agent to speak for him in contract negotiations, his parents don't even approve of him playing professional hockey in America, but none of that matters to him. Kettu just wants to do one thing, and that's win a cup for the Los Angeles Panthers. Well, that and bringing home Gold for his international federation, which....has anyone spoken to him about the IIHF's findings about him having French citizenship? Well, it won't matter to him anyways, Kettu just wants to win wherever he goes, money is no object. Kettu will for the rest of his playing career go into contract negotiations with the intent of taking as little as he can for as long as he can so he can get back to the rink and focus on making himself the best that he can be for the Los Angeles Panthers.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

so the stipulations and terms and conditions and trials and tribulations that binko of the family name koivu would have in his newest contract negotiations with the atlanta inferno of the simulation hockey league would definitely have to include some terms and possibly conditions such as always needing to have a stock of both the best artisan ice cream and lactase pills ready in the locker room for the players to eat because you know you need to recover those lost calories after every game because otherwise they would he lost forever and you need to recover them somehow instead of losing them to the void! then the next one would be that there would need to be a box in the atlanta inferno arena that is dedicated to the koivu family which includes his brothers so that they can all come and watch binko for free whenever they like on their off days and vacation says so that they can make fun of the binko for playing badly even though hes playing 2nd pair mins

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]