Create Account

S72 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week

Thrre is only one true answer to this. The Colorado Raptors arch enemy, our nemesis, the hulkamania to our Macho Madness, the Jets to our Sharks, the yin to our yang, the venus to our mars, the night to our day, the communism to our capitalism, the Eminem to our benzino... It's just dawned on me that I've done nothing but the losing side in all of these. I guess I'll cut the rest of this as a macho man promo.

Oh brother! Let me tell you right now, there's something brewing in Colorado brother! Oh you heard me, that's right, Miss Elizabeth and I can promise you right now that the Raptor Madness will Quebec City Owl Heads - they've got these little beady eyes that you just can't trust, brother. When Colorado gets done with you, you're going to be northing but garbage. Things are just popping right now! You're nothing but a drop of water, and I'm the entire ocean! Oh yeah, listen to me, nothing matters but the Four Star Cup! When the night is over and the sun comes up, when there's no where left for the shadows to hide, oh Raptor Madness is going to be there, they'll be there waiting for you! They'll be there, oh yeah, they'll be there and they'll be waiting for you! Oh yeah! Just you wait, yeah!

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

This season the Anchorage Armada have developed a rivalry with the Colorado Raptors.  Jean-François Bokassa knows the Colorado Raptors squad extremely well from his time as a DFA on the squad and has a lot of respect for the strong organization the GMs have built over the past 3 SMJHL decades.  That being said, now that JFB is on another team, he takes every game against the Raptors personally.  He knows they wanted him in the draft but JFB wants to really rub it in that they didn’t take him.  He is personally going after Update Portal @wumaduce in every game the two teams play.  JFB does realize that the Colorado Raptors probably would’ve selected him if he had fallen just a bit further in the draft, but n one has ever accused Bokassa of being a leading intellectual.  He is in fact an idiot and probably should have a different rival, but it is what it is.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Now, I'm a brand new create and I haven't exactly found myself a team yet (free agent and all of that) - so I don't really have a rival team to talk about as of yet.

However, since I am a brand new create who is absolutely clueless to the existing rivalries in the SMJHL, I thought I would look at the team names and decide which two existing teams I think have the largest rivalry!

The two teams I believe are the biggest rivals in the league are the Great Falls Grizzlies and the Maine Timber! Not only are they in the same division, but they are the essence of a classic battle of the forest. The Grizzlies historically live in forests, and will do anything in their power to protect their territory. The Timber, in stark contrast, only want to chop down those said trees that are in the Grizzlies' territory. Truly the story of an unstoppable force (Timber) vs an immovable object (Grizzlies).

165 words

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]

As a recently returning member of the simulation hockey league, I can only reminiscence on which teams were good, bad, and nonexistent when I had initially gained knowledge of the league. Based on vibes alone, I've decided to identify the Kelowna Knights Knights as anchorage's biggest rival. Historically, Kelowna has had a lot of success, as has anchorage. However, Kelowna appears to be sinking into absolute irrelevancy as anchorage is still hanging on to a potentially championship roster. The two always engage in high scoring affairs. Sometimes, anchorage ends up on the losing end. If I had to guess who would win in a playoff matchup, nine times out of nine I'm taking anchorage.

I'd also like to dominate the Carolina Kraken; the kraken have had a seriously veteran talented management group who like to systematically build great teams, and go all in. You have to beat the best to be the best. I also don't like Quebec City.

As a member of the falcons once before, and once again I am always going to skree the falcon skree. The team chemistry is elite. The jokes are all stellar. The love is abundant. Not only for our teammates, but every single one of their family members too-including all their significant others, children, and pets. We all stay in touch, and our team record matters least to us - it’s the people on the team that matter most. The camaraderie shared here is unmatched, and in my heart, will always be. 

With that being said, I would argue that the biggest rival to our team is the 5 season limit to then have to be called to the big leagues. It’s always devastating to have to leave the crew you are with. These folks are the family we choose, and I would argue that most of us never want to leave.

[Image: 65157_s.gif]

Yo Kelowna and Quebec I always see them as rivals Everytime they play I see my former players team vs my current players team it always gets me hyped up when I see this matchup I hope it's always high scoring

[Image: img]