Create Account

S15 SMJHL Draft Discussion

Quote:Originally posted by CarlosV96@Sep 18 2013, 09:00 PM
So boys, I was literally a day late signing up and figuring out the update scale.. Who wants Elisha Cuthbert's boy toy on their team?

#TeamSLOPPYSHEV
#FreeAgentStatus
:lol: Cheers

someone sign this kid!

#Truth

[Image: livius.gif]

I'll chime again.

As a former, but quite new member... it's the way the league is structured that scares away people in general. You just need to answer one question to see what's going on: what's the point for a freshly new player to be active when most if not all of the leagues works with inside? Even myself feel excluded from mostly everything. Proof? I wanted to add something for the award show even though I was a marginal player, guess what I was PM with get the fuck out, you are not good enough to make the red carpet and was rewarded with a reply quote : Daisuke Who? Now I don't care, I mean I have a life outside here, but if that's how you treat new guys, you don't have to search very hard to see why no one wants to stay.

You have one quite useless post from an old members and you'll have 35 replies. A good read by a new guy? Well he's lucky if someone says good shit.

Add to this that there's no chance at all for them to be selected first because they don't have the money to train every week (since recreated gets to keep their money) unless he writes articles like a madman (which again I find skewed a bit since I saw boring article with nothing interesting except inside joke, images and what's not get 900k while other informative same length gets 350k).

Quote:Originally posted by leotfatu@Sep 19 2013, 11:43 AM
I'll chime again.

As a former, but quite new member... it's the way the league is structured that scares away people in general. You just need to answer one question to see what's going on: what's the point for a freshly new player to be active when most if not all of the leagues works with inside? Even myself feel excluded from mostly everything. Proof? I wanted to add something for the award show even though I was a marginal player, guess what I was PM with get the fuck out, you are not good enough to make the red carpet and was rewarded with a reply quote : Daisuke Who? Now I don't care, I mean I have a life outside here, but if that's how you treat new guys, you don't have to search very hard to see why no one wants to stay.

You have one quite useless post from an old members and you'll have 35 replies. A good read by a new guy? Well he's lucky if someone says good shit.

Add to this that there's no chance at all for them to be selected first because they don't have the money to train every week (since recreated gets to keep their money) unless he writes articles like a madman (which again I find skewed a bit since I saw boring article with nothing interesting except inside joke, images and what's not get 900k while other informative same length gets 350k).

While all of this makes sense...

Keep in mind that almost everyone where was "new" or one of these people excluded from inside jokes or didn't have the same amount of money.

Also getting first doesn't have to do with TPE. Its about personality. Most juniors are pretty close in TPE and a 20-40 difference doesn't mean much come draft day. New players don't get drafted in Juniors 1st but they do in SHL if they are likable and update often.

edit: also don't take the who? thing personally everyone gets that :lol:

Oh I know, but that was before when the league was new. Now it's pretty much living out of recreates because you can't keep them active long enough for them to make an impact. Most of the usual people have been here since a while and that's where the transition lies.

At first everyone works hard to lift up the project, then it's calm. Some leaves, new faces. After a while, it falls on the older member to sell the league to new guys... as it stands right now that is not what is happening.

We gotta give new members a reason to stay. The SHL is basically a choose your own adventure books in hockey form. Even if there are the shittiest player without upgrade or without much appeal, we gotta make them feel special now and then.

As for the Daisuke who, like I said I don't mind. It was just posted nearly as the same time I received that PM which is why I am talking about it. You won't see my crying somewhere in a corner over this but if this is how new members are toss aside because they are not part of the "group" then don't complain that new members doesn't stay.

Who was the one you PM'd? That is pretty serious just to be brushed off like nothing.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Toast@Sep 19 2013, 03:29 PM
Who was the one you PM'd? That is pretty serious just to be brushed off like nothing.

Yah thats brutal.

Whoever did that has something shoved a bit far up their ass

Quote:Originally posted by leotfatu@Sep 19 2013, 12:25 PM
Oh I know, but that was before when the league was new. Now it's pretty much living out of recreates because you can't keep them active long enough for them to make an impact. Most of the usual people have been here since a while and that's where the transition lies.

At first everyone works hard to lift up the project, then it's calm. Some leaves, new faces. After a while, it falls on the older member to sell the league to new guys... as it stands right now that is not what is happening.

We gotta give new members a reason to stay. The SHL is basically a choose your own adventure books in hockey form. Even if there are the shittiest player without upgrade or without much appeal, we gotta make them feel special now and then.

As for the Daisuke who, like I said I don't mind. It was just posted nearly as the same time I received that PM which is why I am talking about it. You won't see my crying somewhere in a corner over this but if this is how new members are toss aside because they are not part of the "group" then don't complain that new members doesn't stay.
I hear what you are saying about it be difficult for new members but look at others who come in and have great success. Riko Muerto is a fantastic example, last pick in his junior draft to 10th overall in the shl. Put in the work, be positive and have fun you will go far.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Quote:Originally posted by leotfatu@Sep 19 2013, 08:43 AM
I'll chime again.

The point of this league is to have fun. If someone seriously messaged you that for trying to take part in the awards ceremony that is so dumb. Sorry to hear that happened.

We definitely need to make this league a more welcoming enviorement for new members... And I think a big part of that is getting rid of the thought that frequent trolling and spamming is an acceptable thing to do. Even if someone doesn't break the rules with the way he behaves, it can make for a rather unwelcoming atmosphere, for the more established members it might just be a small annoyance that is easy to overlook, but for a new member this can make the difference between staying and leaving...

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Sep 19 2013, 02:46 PM
We definitely need to make this league a more welcoming enviorement for new members... And I think a big part of that is getting rid of the thought that frequent trolling and spamming is an acceptable thing to do. Even if someone doesn't break the rules with the way he behaves, it can make for a rather unwelcoming atmosphere, for the more established members it might just be a small annoyance that is easy to overlook, but for a new member this can make the difference between staying and leaving...

so get rid of stud

:ph34r:

[Image: hallsy.png]

30. [Image: nb1xmr.png] - Corey Trevor

this name killed me, steal of the draft imo.

activity >>> your players TPE and success. Just look why I was picked 7th Overall :ph34r:

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Snappy@Sep 19 2013, 06:25 PM
activity >>> your players TPE and success. Just look why I was picked 7th Overall  :ph34r:

and traded 4 me :ph34r:

[Image: hallsy.png]