Create Account

Post Draft Presser - Scotty Steele 9 overall pick - Montreal Militia

1034 words, sorry for the wait graders

<div align="center">[Image: cut.jpg]</div>

<div align="center">Militia Militia Militia Militia Militia Militia Militia Militia Militia Militia Militia Militia</div>
Stepping onto the podium after being taken 9th by the Montreal Militia, Scotty Steele takes his seat, leans back and crosses his arms.

"Hey guys, so I'm here to take your questions. Any questions at all about anything at all are welcome!"

Interview How do you feel about being drafted to Montreal? (<a href='index.php?showuser=2477' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-14'>mdubz</a>)
Obviously it’s a huge honour. The Militia coming off the four-star cup win and wanting a guy like me so early is super humbling. I hope I can pick some things up off the vets and contribute to a hopeful repeat!

Interview Are there any players on the roster you are excited to play with? (<a href='index.php?showuser=2477' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-14'>mdubz</a>)

Well the big one for me is my linemate Yuri (<a href='index.php?showuser=1214' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Sirmore</a>). We’re really similar players in our ability to put the puck in the net an we’re both really good on our edges and skating as a whole. He’s obviously going to be the sniper of our line because he’s absolutely wicked with his wrister. I’ve gotta get used to playing that role of playmaker to set him up, that’s how we’ll likely do the most damage.
On top of that, he won’t need to worry as much about the defensive aspect because I like to get back quick and play a good defensive game. That should hopefully give him that little more peace of mind to get in deep and do more damage on the forecheck, he’s a really strong dude and I think we’ll be a helluva team.
Obviously though we’ll have to duke it out to decide who gets to play right and who gets number nineteen. *laughs*

Interview With Montreal coming off of a cup winning season, what do you feel you can add to the team? (<a href='index.php?showuser=2477' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-14'>mdubz</a>)

I think the best thing is that I let our scorers really do what they’re best at and spend that extra half second getting up ice or pressing the forecheck. As I mentioned above I take a lot of pride in my skating and defensive game, I hope that I can let YMB and Maciel do they’re thing that little bit more ‘cause I know that they are truly some of the best in the offensive parts of the game. If I can get them the puck and let them do they’re thing I think that’s how we succeed most.

Interview Describe for me your perfect pizza. Thin crust, thick, chicago style? Toppings? (<a href='index.php?showuser=2477' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-14'>mdubz</a>)

That’s gotta be a great white north *laughs*. Aside from the Canadian pride, I’m just a sucker for extra cheese on my ‘za without sacrificing the meat! As for the crust that’s probably just hand tossed normal, nothing too fancy for me!

Interview Were you surprised to hear Montreal call your name? (<a href='index.php?showuser=2245' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Grapehead</a>)

Well that’s a yes and a no haha. I knew there was some interest from them and Colorado in particular, but my season back home ended a little later than most of these other guys so there wasn’t as much time to talk to teams. I knew that Montreal was interested in me especially because of my defensive focus, but I never thought that they would spend a pick on me that early, especially with the quality of this draft and my being a newer prospect. Them snagging me early gives me that much more motivation to make it worth their while and I’m really excited to have a shot on a roster of this quality.

Interview What are you hoping to accomplish this season? (<a href='index.php?showuser=2245' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Grapehead</a>)

I want to absorb as much as I can from management and the vets on how to be a pro. I think that if I can contribute actively on our way to another deep push that’s the best case scenario. I’m not huge on the individual accolades, especially with the chance to repeat with these guys a championship is the goal.
On top of that though, there is the SHL draft coming up after this season and I want to join the ranks of former Militiamen up in the SHL. I want to develop as much as I can here so I can make the guys proud when I hopefully take that next step as well.

Interview Are you nervous about moving to a large city like Montreal? (<a href='index.php?showuser=2245' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Grapehead</a>)

Well, yeah. It’s a big step up from Lethbridge when you move to one of the centres of Canadian commerce and culture and it’s a central hub for the whole country. On top of all that I know the people here take their hockey super seriously so it’s a little bit more pressure. But I have a lot of faith in my teammates and coaching staff that we can get the job done on the ice and I can learn to enjoy the city here with the other rookies. YBM and I are probably gunna be getting to know each other pretty well and we’re both new here, so we can figure it out together I’m sure.

Interview What do you need to do to reach the next level in your career?

I think for me it’s getting that much more explosive. I’m a great skater when I’m at that top speed and I’m really good on my edge work, but if I can get a little stronger and getting going a little quicker that can push me right up to that next level.

Interview What’s your favourite kind of music? Five favourite bands of all time?

I’m not too picky, I listen to everything from country to metal to pop. But my five favourite bands are probably The Offspring, Rise Against, Nirvana, Anti Flag and Sum 41. Those punk and rock bands were a lot of what I listened to growing up and they’ll always have a soft spot for me.

Interview If you could have the blood of a SHL hero in your veins who would it be and why?

That’s Jordan Nugent-Hall, no question. Growing up watching him play such a great two-way game, and came out with the all time record for +/- in a season. If I can end up being half the player he was I think I’ll have a long career ahead of me.

First of all, welcome to Montreal!

Interview How do you feel about being drafted to Montreal?

Interview Are there any players on the roster you are excited to play with?

Interview With Montreal coming off of a cup winning season, what do you feel you can add to the team?

Interview Describe for me your perfect pizza. Thin crust, thick, chicago style? Toppings?

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates

Were you surprised to hear Montreal call your name?

What are you hoping to accomplish this season?

Are you nervous about moving to a large city like Montreal?

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Gunna wait another day or two for a couple more questions! Ask anything at all!

If you could have the blood of a SHL hero in your veins who would it be and why?