Create Account

Playoff Crunch W/ Dean Colt

(1070 words)

"What the actual fuck"

There comes a time, and a place in every hockey players career, that they question their decisions, their will to continue, their drive, and sometimes fall into a funk, where they cannot score, the team morale is down, and things spiral out of control very quickly.

Well, that could easily sum up Dean Colt, The Third. And the season with Edmonton. After becoming a free agent for the first time in his SHL career, Dean signed on with the Edmonton Blizzard, after departing from playing in Minnesota, where he last had a seven million, one year contract. The departure left some questions about his decision, what did he want more, money, stats, records, cups.

That last one he prized above all, so talking to Edmontons GMs, shortly after they drafed Deans good friend, Raphael d'Alcott, he signed on for the same term, combining their destinies, at least for now, as two strong, big, power forward scoring wingers.

"I can't wait to play with the guy, he has sublime skills, an incredible shot, he will be a star in the league. All we need is for our center to work with us, and we are seriously going to be a force"

Then, it all came crashing. Edmonton was in a rut, loss after loss piled up, morale was down, and then suddenly, trades are being made and pepople are leaving and new people are coming in. Some with a point to prove, some on the way out of the league or seemingly have lost tehir desire. Whatever the case, the losses kept coming.

Then something happened, the new group, began to mesh really well, perhaps the new attitude, not jaded and down over the continued losses, not yet in the pit of despair was inspiring enough for the rest of the team to get up off their asses and start giving one hundred perfect.

And the wins started coming, and they didnt stop coming, something something about an all star, and all that glitters is gold, or someting. Anyway, for Edmonton over the last ten games, they have lost only two, and with Anchorage, and d'Alcott, they somehow have been doing even better.

Much like Edmonton, Anchorage was having a rough season, and much like Dean, Raph wasn't doing much better. But after a weaker start, they both managed to start producing at a consistant pace, scoring and assisting, and helping their team win.

And win they have, currently with six games left, Edmonton is firmly in a placeoff spot, needing to win four games of the six to clinch a spot and put themselves out of reach of the Minnesota Chiefs, the team that Dean had departed from, which adds a bit of extra drama for him.

"Well, it was apparent when I was there that changes where happening and it seemed the team was in the rebuilding/retooling phase, I was willing to take part and put in the work involved a reliable foot soldier in the ranks at least, but circumstances changed and I made the decision to depart. I did so I believe on good terms, giving them plenty of notice of my intentions and allowing them to prepare for it.

What I am most happy about departing, actually, no, what I was most happy about departing and missing out on was the tampering scandal. I know my agent, @Mac , made a dumbass mistake many many many seasons ago, and this one is sketcky as well, however, the punishment was reduced as it was very unintentional, but still too "over the line" so to speak to ignore. So in the middle of a rebuild, they get hindered by a tampering punishment.

Their CoGM disappears in shame, leaving questions about the status of the players he is an agent for, and one of their ranks, Leppy, is promoted and while that was a great decision, the next one, was even less so.

What in the actual cinnamon toast fuck, were they thinking trading three firsts and a second to Buffalo, for of all fucking people, GOD McZherl. Buffalo should be punished for that trade, cause that is blatant theft. Not only did they get rid of one of the biggest, intolerable egos in the league, they managed to get a first rounder in return.

No, they got two??? What??? THREE??? Are you fucking serious? Three firsts for McZ... Which makes it even funnier to me, because they are going to miss the playoffs, and McZ will throw a hissy fit about it, or if he isnt' getting his 30+ minutes a night on the ice, or if they dont give him the CoGM job...and I really fucking hope no one there is that stupid. My father played with his dad in New England, and said it was the worst time he spent there. He'd just not even come into the locker room to avoid listening to him.

Anyways, I look forward to the aftermath, and the subsequent roasting of Minnesota when he leaves for absolutely nothing in return, I really look forward to the comment section of that report."

*This reporter then pointed out his agent, Mac, had been one of the go-Gms behind the largest seasonal payout anyone in the league has ever gotten, at 26 million for Adam Kylrad in Season 17*

"It would seem Minnesotas GMs have a history of bad decisions, when it comes to enticing people to go there."

Well, with only six games left and Edmonton looking like the odds on favorite to sneak in over them, it may take some personal favors to get people there after this season is done.

But that all remains to be seen, and with the team in Edmonton coming together at the right time, most players shaping up defensively and helping to protect the goalie against quality shots and rebounds, it has gotten much tighter.

The newer players, and sophomores, are coming into their own and are solid in their own right, and as the season wraps up, extra traiing and practice will only add onto that.

Next time, we will catch up with Dean sometime in the first round and see what his reactions are, wgether Edmonton made it in or not, if they are moving on or if Winter is Done.

Till next time, this is Dick Shivers, reporting.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Loving how this team has come together in the 2nd half

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

McZ has changed for the better. He’s good people.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

07-08-2019, 11:36 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: McZ has changed for the better. He’s good people.

Can confirm, he's a nice guy to chat with.

[Image: lebbish.gif]