Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us? stamkos is my dad

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Not at all

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? No I did not but I'm going to check it out because it seems cool

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) It really doesn't matter to me, just want chances to get my player where he needs

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
I don't have anything constructive im too new; love the site layout on this new member

1) How did you find us? A while ago in a Latvian simulated league project's forum there was a discussion about the SHL, I was interested, but at first everything just seemed so overwhelming that I decided not to register at the start.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? I'd say rather no. Maybe one of the problems for me is that English is not my native language, yet I am fluent in English. Other reasons - there are quite a lot rookie guides, more than one topic for the first Point Task, and things just seem unsettled for the newcomers.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? I had about 6 tabs open when I was creating my player, yet I think there should be a more convenient guide and about 2-3 other tabs open. But I didn't have many problems while creating.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Only the written tutorial. But I didn't find it much helpful.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Prospect tournament is a good idea. I don't even know, I'm just going to explore the forums, write some articles, get hang of things.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Get ONE guy who makes ONE convenient, good, well-readable, all-in-one rookie guide. From creating your player (with including things like attribute explanations, brief explanation of how your birthplace matters, player types), to including links to first point tasks, media, bank, explanations of how to get TPE and money etc., but ALL IN ONE place.

Quote:Originally posted by Darth_Invadeher@Jul 7 2016, 01:05 PM
et [b]ONE guy who makes ONE convenient, good, well-readable, all-in-one rookie guide. From creating your player (with including things like attribute explanations, brief explanation of how your birthplace matters, player types), to including links to first point tasks, media, bank, explanations of how to get TPE and money etc., but ALL IN ONE place.[/b]

Thank you for the feedback, I will certainly look at improving our guides.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

1) How did you find us?
lizzywho has roped me into this business

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Not... really? If I hadn't had a friend helping me set up I probably would have gotten very lost

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
No, but again I had some help

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I saw some of the written tutorials and they were okay? but not always the clearest.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
I don't know yet?

Having a clearly marked "start here" sort of page with links to all the tutorials

1) How did you find us? Bit of a funny story. I was looking around trying to remember the name of WebSim Hockey 2 and googled "sim hockey". This site came up as one of the top results, which made me think it might be it. I saw soon enough that it wasn't, but I thought hey, why not try it?

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Not really. I think there's too many forums and it's impossible to know where to look as a newcomer.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? I struggled a little and had to check the math a few times. The biggest problem I had was the wait afterwards to get my player approved by somebody, I think it took like 2 or 3 days to do.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I checked out the video and it did help, especially with the getting started with the bank and things like that.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I think a prospect tournament would be a good idea. Maybe a draft combine would be fun but I don't know how that would work.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. It's hard to think of just one thing but probably the necessary improvements to the layout would be the biggest suggestion.

Quote:Originally posted by Dangles13@Jul 7 2016, 09:37 PM

Thank you for the feedback, I will certainly look at improving our guides.

Dangles--forgot to mention this but I started a fresh 'checklist' for rookies based on what I had missed as a rookie. It's nowhere near finished, but I can share it from my Google Drive if you/others want to take a look, add input, etc.?

Quote:Originally posted by akamai@Jul 8 2016, 11:09 AM

Dangles--forgot to mention this but I started a fresh 'checklist' for rookies based on what I had missed as a rookie. It's nowhere near finished, but I can share it from my Google Drive if you/others want to take a look, add input, etc.?

Hired.

<a href='index.php?showuser=881' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-7'>Kez</a> Can we give her access to the Rookie Mentor committee please?

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

1) How did you find us?

a friend of mine from twitter was talking about it and it sounded interesting, so i asked her to join!

uh... no comment, but it's very expansive!

I got very confused at first, but after a few stupid questions, things started making sense.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

I used the written tutorials and they helped some, but questions and direct answers from others who had been through it helped more.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

I think a combine would be cool, if we could do something like that

Please make the tutorials and step-by-steps more straightforward and easy to understand. Others can attest to this, I was very lost my first day.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

1) How did you find us?
BluesBoy71 sent me a message on HF Boards telling me about this site.

I was a little confused at first, but I think I've gotten the hang of it now.

No.

No. I didn't see a video, but I saw a written tutorial, which I used.

I think a prospect tournament would be fun.

Make it easier to understand the points system. I had a little trouble understanding what they were, and how to get them.

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

1) How did you find us?
Luckily I came upon the SHL while looking for league on Google.

For the most part it is. I'm sure over time the familiarity will become more natural when going back to find specific pages. From time to time I get lost but then remember the Rookie Quick Links page has everything needed.

Only issue I had was distributing points for a goalie, as I went off the tiered system of a player.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Yes, I used the written tutorial and it did help. Really served as a general checklist and everyone who openly offered help made it pretty seemless.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)My goal is to continue to upgrade to further be of an asset to whomever I get drafted by.

The Rookie Quick Link page is a great asset, but maybe a 1-10 checklist to just jump start the process. All in all I think what we have here is great already!

[Image: Wally.png]

1) How did you find us?
Jenny mentioned it on twitter.

I feel like there's links EVERYWHERE and it's very overwhelming tbh.

A bit, but I'd like to think I figured it out.

Just the written one, I didn't even know there was a video.

I don't even know what my options are, to be honest.

I kept searching for a step-by-step how-to guide and never found one. Maybe have one big READ THIS FIRST guide to how to do things. I felt like I created my character and then I was like, "Well now what?"

1) How did you find us?
A ton of people I know on twitter are members, and I was fascinated by it and now here we are.

It's not the best; most everything is clearly marked and labeled, but a lot of the threads don't have the information I was looking for all in one place, which made it a little difficult.

It was a little hard as a goalie, as most all of the examples were for skaters, but there were enough resources that I was able to figure it out eventually.

Yes. It was very hard to find, and took a lot of random clicking around, but once I discovered it, it was very helpful.

I think a prospect tournament would be really fun, or maybe a U17 IIHF tournament.

A clearer guide to creating a character - more like a checklist of everything you have to know and get done, with plenty of links.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]          [Image: UDyqktK.png]
[Image: WEd1wid.png]

1) How did you find us?

Jenny mentioned SHL on Twitter!

I think once I've been on the site for a while, it will, but I've never used a forum like this so I'm definitely still getting used to it.

A bit, when it came to making sure I was distributing my points correctly, but once I'd done that it was fine!

I didn't know there was one, but I think I basically got a condensed version of it from some friends already in the league.

I don't really know what the options are, but I definitely want to see how I can get involved with media and writing!

Maybe just a checklist type thing for getting started!

1) How did you find us?
I found you through a friend. We both play an online hockey game with around 150 members in it (Hockeyquestionmark). Other people in that community also have players made for this.

It's somewhat easy. It's well organized but there is a lot of threads to navigate through.

Not much, but that's because my friend walked me through the whole thing. Without him, I'm sure I would have had some trouble.

No.

A prospect tournament sounds amazing.

You should make the main threads for newbies have bigger fonts, and also make the text a different colour (i.e Red) so we know where we need to go, and we don't get lost in the other threads.

1) How did you find us? While searching for an fhockey league.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Not at all to be honest.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Took a bit of time, but eventually got it figured out, their's just so many pages on the main page.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? No I didn't.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Prospect tourney sounds great. Anything to get to know the other specs.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. LIke if EVERYTHING about getting started was put in one place, and ONLY one place. That be really helpful.