Create Account

S55 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 11:49 AM by crutch.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

For Jesse Seppanen, his season with the Maine Timber was good from a team standpoint, but pretty not great for an individual player. Being stuck on the 3rd line for most of the season wasn’t fantastic, but the depth in Maine was unbelievable and the players that were playing above him definitely earned their spot and deserved to be playing those high minutes. Only putting up 19 points through the season, which is a decline from his rookie season is frustrating to look at from a player agent standpoint, but overall I’m pleased with his development thus far. I was excited to see how the 350 build would look but it is abundantly clear that it is not a good 350 build lol. Next season I’ll have a little more development under my shoes and hopefully be able to get Seppanen to the next level and make him a beast for the SMJHL & the Maine Timber.

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
This offseason will be extra exciting, as it features the rare expansion draft! Write about how you think the expansion draft will play out, either for one or both of the expansion teams or from an SHL team's perspective.

I think the expansion draft will be exciting. I love when the league expands, and even though I didn’t apply (definitely would have gotten it, cacti gang), I think that both teams will look to select younger players and try to build through the expansion draft. When I drafted the Cacti in PHL, I tried to select pretty shit players so I could build through the draft but that didn’t work at all as I got crushed season after season and no good draft pick could save that. But I digress – I think the smart play for both teams involved would be to draft younger players and try to ice a team that can relatively compete right away in order to get interest from free agents who are in search of money / ice time. I think for SHL teams losing a player, it’s tough for all of them losing both a LR member and an ice-level producer.

Code:
3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
It's too late for this go-around of expansion, so hypothetically - should there be SHL franchises in other continents? I saw some interesting European proposals in the PT. Should these - or proposals for any other continent that's not North America -
become a reality in the SHL?

OK I’ve always been a stickler for realism and that’s why I think there should NOT be overseas teams. I think if the SHL were looking to have a European league, it would have to be another league. I think it would be cool if your player could either play in the SHL or the ESHL (European Simulation Hockey League), much akin to the NHL and the KHL. I think that would be super dope but the logistics behind that is extremely tough and I don’t think that the SHL has the member base to make that a reality at this moment.

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.) The world's hottest app is TikTok - which SHL or SMJHL player would have the biggest following on TikTok? What do they post there?

I think TikTok is a flaming trash can of a social media app so I definitely don’t see Jesse Seppanen having the best TikTok in the league. A player within the SHL I could see having a popular tiktok would be Michael Fitted from the Tampa Bay Barracuda, as his media always makes me laugh even though it pisses some people off lol. I could only imagine the kind of content that his TikTok would have, but I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in the fact that I would watch those videos even though I hate that app. Maybe he has a successful TikTok already. Who knows.

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) The two finals teams have decided to team up for a fundraising opportunity to benefit both cities. What noble cause will the teams decide to benefit? What sort of fundraiser will the teams hold together? How will the two teams mesh before the finals start?

The Buffalo Stampede and the New Orleans Spectres have decided to join forces for a good cause – being able to pay a coach that doesn’t run 8 aggressive forechecking forwards during a Game 7. Super good cause as it brings a sense of realism to the sim, and doesn’t come across like trying to game the system and cheat a team that played fair to get to the Challenge Cup finals. If y’all remember the great Hamilton outlook of S50 where a lot of players decided that passing was stupid and focussed on putting shots on net and forced the SHL to move to another simulator, I think that both teams coming together and raising money for the Specters is a great idea, and allows the simulation to keep going in a fair matter. I’m amazed that the Stampede were brave enough to come forward and help their opponent in the finals with this, but it is a nice gesture nonetheless.

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

verif. word: kane

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 04:54 PM by Cyanide.)

Code:
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

Looking back on this season, id say that things went rather well considering the circumstances. I was part if the SMJHL expansion draft, and I was part of the Nevada Battleborn. The team as a whole lost a lot of games and got swept in the first round of the play-offs, but the season was still a success. The team developed a lot over the course of the season, both as players and as friends in the LR. Statistically id like to forget the -30 I was rocking, and a goal and 10 assists for 11 points is nothing to write home about. However, defensively I as much better, with 17 giveaways to 29 takeaways. Throw in 55 shots blocked and 64 hits there is something to build on for next year. Next season I hope to improve my offensive attributes so that I'm not a complete liability in the other half of the ice.

155 words

Code:
It's too late for this go-around of expansion, so hypothetically - should there be SHL franchises in other continents? I saw some interesting European proposals in the PT. Should these - or proposals for any other continent that's not North America -

I think that expanding into Europe for the next set of SHL teams would be a cool idea. While it may cause some issues in finding a reasonable spot in the conferences, it would be fun to have a team not in North America. It's showing in the NHL right now that the league is interested in markets outside of North America. Even here there are plenty of European members here, and having a team there would be something they may be looking forward to. I know that I was hoping for a European team to give this league something that isn't so cookie-cutter with respect to the usual cities that are always talked about.

115 words

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

It was a bit of a surprise to me that the Carolina Kraken didn't make it back to the SMJHL Finals. With 37 wins in the regular season they had the most in the regular season. Not much turnover happened on the championship roster. With an astonishing 0.750% winning percentage, they had what it takes to win. Blunt Man was excellent in net with a 0.927 save percentage and a 2.46 goals against average. It is unfortunate that they had some rough outings that ended up costing them their chance at going back to back. Time will tell if they will be back next season.

105 words

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both of these teams have stacked defenses - which team do you think has the defensive advantage in this series?
b. In the two regular season matchups, each team won once at home. Do you expect the results to reflect a home ice advantage in this series?
c. Based on FHM player ratings, New Orleans has higher average ratings in bravery, aggression, and fighting? Will that toughness have any impact on this series?
d. What is your favorite name from a player appearing in this series? Why do you like that player's name?
e. There are several animal names in this series - which of these animals is the coolest? sloth, hippo, otter, monkey, fox, kirby.

a. Between the two teams I would have to say that Buffalo has the advantage when it comes to overall defence. Other than the fact the Doyle has been on a tear, so have Nicholas Owens, Cassius Darrow, Poopity Scoop, and Augustus Wang. When 4 out of your 6 defensemen are playing lights out defence, I would give the edge to Buffalo.

61 words

c. I believe that the toughness New Orleans has will not be that big of a factor in this series. Overall Buffalo is a very skilled defensive team, and usually that toughness works extremely well on offensive teams. With Buffalo they may not get as many opportunities with this play style.

50 words

d. My favourite name this series is Boris Poroshenko by far. Just imagining the president of a country going "peace out I gotta play hockey for the next 8 months" is great. Never mind running the country, Poroshenko clearly has his priorities straight by trying to win a Championship Cup. Spoiler, he doesn't, making the chocolate man sad.

57 words

e. I mean as cool as sloths, hippos, otters, and monkeys are (not foxes), you can't compete with Kirby. I mean the pink ball will just suck them up and become them, so you get the best of both. Like otters and Kirby? No problem, just get Kirby to eat one and ta-da, you got an otter Kirby.

57 words

Code:
14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

With the SHL playoffs over and Buffalo crowned champion, there are a couple of people on the roster that deserve playoff MVP. Id say that the MVP for Buffalo would have to be Elizabeth Doyle. She managed to put up some of the most impressive numbers this postseason, and was integral to their cup run. A 0.927% save percentage is nothing to scoff at, and a 1.86 Goals Against Average is also very impressive. She also has 3 shutouts to her name in the 17 games she played. Overall with just those stats alone it easy to pick Elizabeth Doyle for the Razov.

103 words

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

qwertyuiop

16/16

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 02:17 PM by SDCore.)

Code:

The disappointing season that was for Season 55 for Corey Kennedy. After riding a high from the previous season, which saw him get All-Star nods and some praise around the league Kennedy was looking to have an uptick in play. His training had increased, he returned with the same line mate, the same team, but all increased. What happened however, was the opposite. Corey Kennedy had a down season, he was still a top 20 scorer in the league for Defensive players, but he did not do well by his own standards. A low in goals, plus minus, and just a general lack of effort. This was an interesting twist, because by all means he should have had a better season. It will be interesting as well to see how he bounces back as a player or if it's a team make up/chemistry thing. Hopefully not as I like being on Chicago, but the general underwhelming performances were disappointing.

Code:
Code:
This offseason will be extra exciting, as it features the rare expansion draft! Write about how you think the expansion draft will play out, either for one or both of the expansion teams or from an SHL team's perspective.

The expansion draft in Season 56 is going to play out really awesome I think. There are a couple top tier guys and some good character role play type guys available. I'll talk about the teams individually and how I would approach the draft. If I were the Seattle Argonauts, I'd try to go younger and more of a building team. Tigs player is already well and regressing so going for the playoffs/cup with this core might be difficult. Although if he could get a couple of solid defensive players, he might have a shot at shocking people. If I were the Atlanta Inferno, I'd go for a more win now, with a slight rebuild. Eko Van otter is already 2000 tpe, so getting a few players who can run with him would be the play. Then go for younger talent to stock the cupboards would be my route. I know this isn't 100 percent possible, but would be my thought going into it.

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both of these teams have stacked defenses - which team do you think has the defensive advantage in this series?

Buffalos defense is going to have the advantage in the series, because I think they are more well rounded. They play a very two-way game and can keep up with anyone. They also have less weapons to shut down, then New Orleans will have to shut down. I think when it comes to it, Buffalo has the superior D.

b. In the two regular season matchups, each team won once at home. Do you expect the results to reflect a home ice advantage in this series?

Home ice seems to mean a bit more than I thought it did going into the Franchise Hockey Manager era. The game seems to allow for really slanted home ices when games matter more. So I think this series will follow a similar pattern, where the home team will take their games, leading this to a game 7.

d. What is your favorite name from a player appearing in this series? Why do you like that player's name?

Eko Van Otter is my favorite name going into this finals. Why? Beacuase he sounds like a fancy otter. I think of a little otter with a top hat and a monocle. It would be super adorbs and than thinking of him playing hockey like a refined gentlemen. That is just too much to handle if I'm being honest.

e. There are several animal names in this series - which of these animals is the coolest? sloth, hippo, otter, monkey, fox, kirby.

My favorite animal would either be the sloth or the otter in this series, because they are both really funny animals. Sloths are like slow humans and otters are like river dogs. No real reason beyond that though. It's interesting we see so many animal based names in the Simulation Hockey League. It makes things fun and fresh sometimes.

Code:
Code:
oranges

ISFL PT Claim +3

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Code:
I performed quite well this season. I was pretty happy about the performance I had. Although it took me close to 30 games to score my first goal, I ended the season with quite a few points. I also believe I had a massive impact on the second line for the kraken. I was putting in tons of hits throughout the season in order to keep us performing and that sorta thing. I will say a lot of my improvement was due to having my TPE allocated a bit better. It took me over half of last season in order to get my stamina up to snuff with the rest of the league. This season I was right there from the beginning thankfully. The only thing I needed to wait for was proper strategy to let my player shine, which I am not going to force that. I just want to have an impact and let my team win. Hopefully in the next season I can have bigger numbers and a greater impact for us as a whole, although only time will tell!

Code:
This expansion draft should be extremely scary for some of the more well rounded teams. Some of these players on those teams could easily get sniped if the GMs don't protect them. Both the expansion teams could be set up for some decent success in their inaugural seasons if they draft right. While they definitely wont go winning a cup right away, they might be posted up in the playoffs and making some teams hurt. My guess is that one of the expansion draft teams will be super aggressive at getting top tier players in order to make a run right away, and the other team will just try to play the long game. The thing I do know, is that Tampa Bay is set up for success with this expansion. They won't be losing any of their active players from what I can tell, which means that their rebuild should really be kicking ass soon. 

Code:
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?
This may come off biased. But the Carolina Kraken were easily one of the best teams in the SMJHL, and they just couldn't quite crack the Newfoundland Berskers defense. If I am being completely honest, Carolina would have beaten Maine and Kelowna. I genuinely think the true second place goes to Carolina this season, however that's not how playoffs work. The Kraken had a powerful offense, and a newer goalie duo who have done a fabulous job throughout the season. However, their offense didn't quite have the nards to bust out of the defensive zone. Newfoundland was keeping the forwards on lockdown for the entirety of the series. Kudos to the GMs and players from that team, they deserved that series win, and that four star cup. It just sucks that the real finals happened in the Semi Finals this season. Shout out to the next best team IMO which was the Anchorage Armada. Those guys are going to be a tough cookie to crack in the next season. These guys are going to slap around their opponents.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What are your predictions for the upcoming IIHF or WJC tournament? What team do you think will win/surprise people/be bad/etc.?

Well I think a team we really aught to look into for the WJC tournament is Team Dach. Lets take a look at their roster for this go around. Starting with their forwards, we have 4 S53 players who each posted 30+ points these past season. They boast an insane offensive ability to get us going. The real stars from this group should be Steve Harrington and Jimmy Wagner. Even as we go down the forwards list, we have got some great depth with lots of goal scoring potential. Where this group may start to struggle is on defense. While there isn't any real star these guys are very well rounded and have the ability to get in front of the puck to keep our goalie from exerting tons of energy. The goalie potential for this team is absolutely nuts though. With Cale Amundsen starting in goal presumably, with Nicolae Antonescu backing up, there is no reason that Team Dach should not be a contender for the WJC Championship. This team is stacked with great goal scoring and an amazing back end to keep the puck out of the net.

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.) The world's hottest app is TikTok - which SHL or SMJHL player would have the biggest following on TikTok? What do they post there?

Michael Fitted... hands down the most entertaining SHL player on TikTok. This guy has the funniest sense of humor of any player I know of. He is a meme that will post TikToks of himself singing songs and dancing. With the occasional video of himself shooting some beautiful shots on the ice. Fitted has even had some ads on his TikTok about FHN, makes watching his stuff so enjoyable. He just really knows how to connect with his audience. The second pick for this is Ambacas Cuddles. Cuddles loves posting about his fish, odd since his last name is the same name as a fish. However his fishtank and the fish inside are gorgeous. A super wide variety of colors that I enjoy looking at and calms me down some. 

Code:
SUBMIT TRIVIA ANSWERS HERE
oh yeah

[Image: panico.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 04:25 PM by Leppish.)

Code:

I don't think that would be very easy to do if you think about it realistically, like traveling would be horrible, back to back games against say a team in Canada, and then in Europe. Players would get exhausted too quickly. The travel costs would also get pretty massive for the teams, as they would need to be able to fly over all the training staff, equipment managers etc. to Europe just for 1 game every time. There's still plenty of good locations in the North american area that could use a team as well. So maybe if we expand to like 40+ teams at some point then Europe could be an expansion location. But before that i just don't see it.

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE. Think you can do better? Design a new logo for the Buffalo Stampede or the New Orleans Specters or either of the teams in the SMJHL finals.

[Image: x4YrHZ6.png]

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

[Image: 9uKsW19.png]

Code:
15. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.

[Image: seM5InE.png]

Task 16.
Verification: Blebbo

[Image: lebbish.gif]

PBE PT - 3 TPE

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Personally, I'm incredibly satisfied with the season I had. Ronlain ended up leading the Tampa Bay Barracuda in points and goals this season. With 18 goals and 11 assists Ronlain was top of the team, just 1 point more than second place Michael Fitted. Yeah, overall it's not the most impressive season a player could have. But I'm pretty happy to finally have somewhat of a "breakout" season in the SHL considering the first two seasons I've had have been kinda disappointing so far. This last season was great, though. Yeah, my plus minus was still a -52 and I still didn't quite break 30 points. But I think that in time I'll end up getting better and better and so will the rest of the team as we start to call up our large prospect pool. I'm excited for both my future and the future of the Tampa Bay Barracuda. We will be champions someday.

Quote:3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

I dont see why we shouldn't have SHL teams on other continents. It's not like it's a real league where we actually have to worry about logistics or anything like that. It's all for fun and if we want to have teams in Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, whatever, I don't see why not. If anything, I think it would be cool to have some of the SHL players from around the world be able to play for a team that's in their home country or even their home city if they want to. This is all just for fun anyway, so I really dont see why not.

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What are your predictions for the upcoming IIHF or WJC tournament? What team do you think will win/surprise people/be bad/etc.?

Well, having newly joined the Great Britain IIHF team, I think that we have a good chance at doing well this season. Currently, our top line consists of all 2000 TPE players in Zheng, Slothface, and Brian. We truly do have a strong team, only 3 players total that are under 1000 TPE and the rest are all at least 1100. Other potential contenders in my mind would be the obvious ones in the USA and possibly Canada as well. Also, cant forget Russia as they always have a stock of great players lined up to make an IIHF run. I'm looking mostly for the players on Great Britain's top line to really make an impact for us in this tournament, I think our offense will be unparalleled if they can really get going and build some momentum, knocking in puck after puck and really start racking up the goals against the other teams.

Quote:14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

My series MVP has gotta be Elizabeth Doyle. Posting an incredible .927 SV% over the course of the entire playoffs and only allowing 16 goals in the 7 game series, and then in the last two games only allowing 3, really coming in clutch and bringing the series back in favor of Buffalo. I can't think of another goalie performance that has been more impressive than this one in a long time. I don't think I've seen a goalie really heat up like that in the playoffs in my entire time here in the SHL. Elizabeth Doyle is my finals MVP without a doubt.

Quote:16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
pee

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

It was another disappointing season for Henrik Lekberg Osterman. Although he did not expect to have a particularly good season with the sudden rebuild and the very taxing season. He did improve offensively which he is happy about, and he did break the 10 goal mark this season. His totals were 11 goals and 17 assists for 28 points total. He was really hoping to break the 10 goal, 20 assist line this season but fingers crossed we get there next season. Defensively he was quite good but he lost most of his physical edge, something that he is hoping to reincorporate. With the San Francisco rebuild in full swing, HLO expects his totals to suffer but he will continue to improve his game as he always does. He will likely focus more on getting the rookies ready to play in the SHL as well as taking more of a leadership role on the team.

As I am a little late to the party, the draft has already happened. Lets have a look at the teams, shall we? (spoiler, I think Seattle has the better future if they can keep their players)

Seattle Argonauts:
I really like the moves that Seattle have made so far. They traded their first for Buffalos and Hamiltons firsts as well as LAs third. Adding quantity in this realy deep draft I think is a really smart move and adding to their already stellar draft. I really like their picks too. Having a core of users like hhh, NONAME and KC is an amazing start to a franchise I think. Don’t know many of the other users but I think thats going to really create a vibrant and active LR right off the bat.

Atlanta Inferno:
I have a feeling that Atlanta will do quite well this coming season. While I dont like their draft quite as much as I like Seattle’s (that may come down to personal biases) I think on paper its a really really solid team. It feels to me like they are more of a contender because the team is quite flat tpe wise. Lots of 1000 TPE+ players and in a conference currently lacking parody. Wouldn’t surprise me if they end up going to the playoffs in their first season.

Personally, I like the fact that this league has its feet on the ground and dont have teams on the moon or some other strange thing. I appreciate that people can use fun ideas for players and that sort of the stuff but I think keeping the league teams believable gives you the best of both worlds. People can have really personable players and the like but we still attract the users that are after a more realistic experience in their sim league. In the future it would be neat to have the juniors in Europe or something to that effect, just to split it. I think there used to be something similar but it didnt really work. As a European users id love to see some more love for the rest of the world, not just the US and Canada.

Buffalo definitely takes the cake for me. They probably have the best defensive core in the whole league, the only team that really challenges them imo is Calgary this season. They were stacked on D as well but I think Buffalo just has such an incredible core of defensemen. It really is an embarrassment of riches for the Stampede.

c. Based on FHM player ratings, New Orleans has higher average ratings in bravery, aggression, and fighting? Will that toughness have any impact on this series?
Well, I wish. I was rooting for NOLA to win it, I really like their team. I think bravery does make a big difference, perhaps more than people realized in the first couple of seasons but I’ve never seen much love for aggression or fighting. Aggression and a strong forecheck is really a team identity that I enjoy as well as some added gritt and bravery. Its a shame it doesnt translate all that well on to the ice (or atleast not yet)

This is a tough one. I like all of them. But I think it would have to be Monkeys. They are the most diverse and fun group and honestly, who doesn’t like monkeys? They are fantastic. They have little hands and little cute human-like faces, they can climb on you and they can fling poo at your enemies (which is a fantastic trait and should be selected for in more pets).

Well, first of all… Congratulations Buffalo! I think that for me, the MVP for me would probably have to be either Monkey D. Luffy or Elizabeth Doyle. Doyle had an amazing season in Net and it continued into the playoffs. Having the best D-core in the league playing in front of you definitely helps. Luffy has had a great post-season too, the only player to get up into double digit goals as well. He played a strong offensive game but also did quite well defensively. If I had to pick one though it would have to be Doyle.

Verification word: Yep

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 04:28 PM by Gooney.)

Jason Desrouleaux had a decent year this season for the Vancouver Whalers in the SMJHL. I was definitely expecting a little bit more out of him on the ice for the Whalers, but eh what can you do. Nothing but keep on working hard and then all the results will come. Jason Desrouelaux was able to put up 16 goals in 50 games for the Whalers. Which was a decent improvement over his previous rookie season in the SMHJL. He was only able to score 7 goals in his rookie season, very weak stuff. So the improvement was there, which you love to see. Jason Desourleux also added 7 assists this season. Giving him a solid 23 points. Next season you would like to see Desrouelx take a much bigger step with a bigger role within in the Vancouver Whalers system. Hoping to see him become a star and putting up at least 25 goals.

Oh man what a super exciting time for the SHL! A two team expansion draft. You just really love to see it. The Atlanta Inferno and the Seattle Argonauts are too very cool new franchises in the SHL. Both teams have a very difficult task ahead of them, icing a competitive hockey team from the left overs of the other SHL Teams. Definitely do not envy these two new fresh gms on the block haha. I think the Argonauts are going to focus heavily on the defensive side of the game of hockey. I think there is a decent amount of solid defensman available to the teams in this expainson draft. So I think it would be a wise choice to rush and snag as many of these good defenseman as you can. as quickly as possible so you block out the other team from drafting these good defenseman. I believe it will be Seattle who will employ this strategy.

Every season plenty of strong teams never end up making the finals in their respected league. It is the very sad truth of sports. and you know what this season is no different. In my mind I think the strongest team who ended up not making it to the finals it would have to be the Hamilton Steelhawks in the SHL. What is there not to like about this fine team filled with strong boys? nothing really they truly have no holes in their roster. They have strong veterans and good young prospects so I dont think it will be long before the Hamilton Steelhawks are back in the finals. I think their downfall this season was poor goaltending. But their goalie is young so he will hopefully improve.

Oh man lets go, its IIHF time. One of my favourite times of the season. It surely looks to be a very exciting and fierce iihf tournament. There is a couple of teams that stand out the most to me. First team and my personal favourite would have to be Team Canada. They are just absolutely stacked at every position. So it is really hard for me to not have Team Canada has my favourite for the tournament. Their forward group is just straight nasty man. I do not think any team can compete with that forward group unreal stuff. Now for my surprise team I am going to take Team Ireland. Well i dont think they end up winning a medal. I do think they could make a surprise run and maybe knock out one of the favourite teams in this tourney. They are a young up and coming squad who I can see doing some real damage in the near future.

Wow buffalo are champs amazing stuff buffalo congrats. Now who would I give mvp too? That is a challenging question considering that many  players had themselves a very fine series. You know you could say maybe Matt Kholin, he has himself a decent case at winning mvp. Or maybe even Monkey D Luffy, yeah perhaps. but too me there is one person who stands out above the rest and that would have to be goaltender Elizabeth Doyle. She played out of her mind in this playoff run. Finishing with a 1.86 gaa and a silly .927 save percentage. This is easily Elizabeth Doyle's award in my eyes.

verification: gooneygooney

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 04:33 PM by BarnabasCollins.)

1.. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Kata Vilde had a much better season in S55 than in the previous one. I pretty much met the goals for the most part, was just shy of 30 wins. Still chasing that elusive reward that I never seem to be able to qualify for but it looks like this deep into regression that is a pipe dream that will never occur. I'd say the results are from a great deal of testing different builds and applying the regression reductions very specifically to meet the stats that tested the best. It involved taking seferal stats down to very low levels but it definitely appeared to work as Vilde was definitely no longer the worst starting goalie in the SHL. For the upcoming season it will be more of the same. Some serious testing of builds since there's another 15% regression in line for S56. Once we have determined which build fares better it will again be strategically applying the regression losses to match with the best test build.

Code:

I have a feeling this expansion draft will play out very similarly to the last one where New Orleans went with a more proven team and Chicago went with the promising youngster strategy. That appears to be the case in most of the expansion drafts I've seen in years prior. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say Tig in Seattle would probably be the manager to take the more experienced team and Hotdog in Atlanta would go the youngster route. I say this as Hotdog's prior team in New England went on an off season trading spree trading away many veteran players for  and as part of that management team I can definitely see him continuing this strategy in Atlanta. It will be interesting for sure as both prior expansion teams have done extremely well the past couple seasons with a cup win and a finals appearance in NO and Chicago also having a team with some truly monster scoring machines on them. Will be interested in seeing if this proves to be the case with these two teams as well.

Code:

I think there definitely should be franchises on other continents. Here the SHL could be truly groundbreaking. The sport of hockey is indeed quite a universal one with very prominent leagues featured in Russia and Europe. I would love to see the SHL do this. I doubt that it would happen thought since we have the IIHF and all the countries there that play every offseason. I think many would feel this is enough to satisfy the international taste the league should have but in my opinion I think it would be pretty neat to have a couple international franchises where truly cool back stories could be written up and it would also be a boost for media articels I think.

Code:

I think we may see a very different IIHF this season. In the past the US and Canada ahave been the teams with the most players but that hasn't necessarily translated to success in the tournament with many small nations doing extremely well. This past season the US and Canada completely dominated the field, with the United States not losing a single game in the round robin and Canada losing only one. This may have been in part due to the luck of the draw in the pairings so as they shuffle this season again it will be interesting to see which team is in which group. I think the United States won't be able to match their undefeated record again.They are still quite a strong team however and I expect them and Canada will again compete in the medals rounds and be heavily favored. However I would watch out for Sweden, a young team getting stronger by the season with a veteran goaltender who even though deep into regression is still one of the highest earning goalies. Vilde has won best goaltender twice in the past 3 seasons and I think Sweden may make a good run and knock off these top teams.

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) The two finals teams have decided to team up for a fundraising opportunity to benefit both cities. What noble cause will the teams decide to benefit? What sort of fundraiser will the teams hold together? How will the two teams mesh before the finals start?

With all the people out of work due to Covid and many people hurting both teams will try to raise funds for the local food banks in Buffalo and New orleans. New Orleans is especially devastated being hit by their 3rd natural disaster in just a few years. And the SHL players are more than generous so they decided to have team eating competitions with each cities prominent local dish being featured.Everyone knows what the deal is in Buffalo it's wings, wings and wings. Each player will earn points for their team by the amount of wings they consume per player. If a player chooses to do a spicier wing for their challenge they can earn bonus points for their team. In New Orleans it will be an oyster eating contest with much the same rules and principles. The bonus points will be awarded for a player who adds a super spicy sauce to the oyster before eating it. The WWE is also partnering in this and will make championship style belts for the winning eaters team and they are pledging $1000 towards the food bank for every oyster and Wing eaten. The SHL has also decided to match this amount and they are soliciting donations from other companies as well. All in all a good amount of money should be raised to feed some hungry people.

Code:
  FuckHamilton

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Code:

I had a bit of a disappointing season, even by my relatively mediocre standards. As an offensive defenseman, I expect to be able to contribute on the scoring side of the game, which didn’t happen in either Baltimore, or Toronto (where I was traded). My takeaways were back near the top of the league, where they were 2 seasons ago, so that was pleasant to see. And once I was on Toronto, my defensive game rating went way up. I would often lead the team in games I played there, so that was nice to see. I’m not sure if it’s relative, or if I was doing something right. Either way, I was happy to see that. I’m hoping to build further and see what I can do defensively for a whole season. Probably not expecting much scoring though. Overall, I’d call this season disappointing for me, but there was enough there that I like what the next couple seasons before regression look like.

Code:

In general, the SHL seems to have a major lack of parity. The top teams are the top by a light year, while the bottom teams are basically irrelevant. I see this continuing, possibly to the worst we’ve seen this upcoming season. However, balancing the wealth should improve this in the long run. Hopefully. Every team will lose a player, mostly of limited value. To write about it from one team’s perspective would be to cover a negligible impact. No team is going to be gutted, and the expansion teams are both going to end up in the same place. With a lackluster starting roster. While this may be bleak, the teams are primed for decent draft positions, and in a matter of a handful of seasons both will be poised to make the jump. Both expansion teams are going to start out with the same advantage, the difference will come from how the GMs deal with the hand they are dealt. The individuals selected will likely not matter and factor into great team success, but they may be useful assets here shortly.

Code:

Sure, there should be SHL expansion teams all over the world eventually! Spread the game and get access to fans all over in order to maximize profits and enjoyability. In a meta answer, why not? There’s no travel. As long as there are actual European fans and players in the SHL, we should try to accommodate them by representing regions/countries/cities of their choosing. It wouldn’t hurt, it would just be a neat thing to have for the game. It shouldn’t really impact anyone in a negative way, unless someone is really opposed to going against “tradition”. I only see positive reasons for doing it.

Code:

The Edmonton Blizzard were the best team to not make the finals. I thought it should have been a Stampede - Blizzard matchup. Edmonton had a fantastic record, matching the champion Buffalo team in regular season points, though finishing with one fewer win. I like the Blizzard roster, I thought they performed extremely well and proved they had what it takes to win. They probably would have done well in the finals. From my very limited look at the finals, it seemed like the team that beat them and lost in the finals was doing some questionable things with their tactics. Dirty play got around a team poised for a chance at glory. Unfortunate, but the way things go.

Code:

Well if we’re going off of the previous example, the United States is going to blast every team on their way to an easy gold. That would be the safe pick, and will probably be the favorite. I think Canada will “surprise” by beating the American juggernaut. Good team, if they get the tactics together, they could win. I’m not sure about the WJC tourney, that’s probably a crapshoot, but I haven’t looked enough into it to give a decent opinion. Great Britain looked good in the last IIHF Tourney, so I’ll pick them to do worse for no real reason other than them being British. Sorry, folks, not up for discussion. I don’t envy anyone in the American side of the grouping, probably going to be a whole bunch of losses. I hope it’s better for the middling teams. An upset by someone like Austria would be good to see, however unlikely against the “top” teams.

Code:

A: I’m gonna go with New Orleans, seeing as they have every player set to a defensive style in the tactics. Probably makes them pretty hard to score on. The Stampede gave up the fewest goals in the regular season, which is quite impressive. But it doesn’t seem like they want to go with exclusively defensive forwards and two-way dmen.

B: I don’t expect home ice to play any real impact in this series. I expect back and forth action, and probably a game 7 finish, like what we saw with the New Orleans series before in the semi finals against the Edmonton Blizzard. Home ice and last change seems to be an overrated impact if the coaches aren’t doing anything about it.

C: Yes, but not necessarily a positive one. Higher aggression and fighting will probably just lead to more PIMs for New Orleans, giving Buffalo more chances to score on the power play. In the future, I would look to players adapting and teams deploying softer more skill based lineups, even in defensive roles. Overly aggressive players aren’t going to add many positives to a lineup.

TPE: 16/16

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 04:31 PM by TheWoZy.)

Code:

I’m not happy with my performance this year. I thought we could have made it to the playoffs this year. We have made some changes last offseason. The teams have brought many good players like Nathan Explosion, Yoshimitsu McCloud, Magnus Liljestrom, Reid Sutherland and Strom Chamberlain. Also teams like San Francisco Pride and Los Angeles Panthers have gotten worse so we had a good chance to finish at least fourth place. Unfortunately we finished in fifth, ten points behind the Texas Renegades. I take responsibility from our season results. When I signed the big deal with Winnipeg, I thought I could bring this team to the top but I haven’t played much better in Winnipeg. I don’t think I played better than last year. It’s really frustrating because I want to improve but i had the same production on offense and defense. Hopefully I will do better next year in Seattle. I’m looking forward to play with my new teammates.

Code:

This is going to be a really fun draft. You have a bunch of unprotected players that are superstars level but most of them are free agents or have one year left on their contract. Obviously Cassius Darrow will go first. He’s the best player in the draft and has another year left on his contract. If they can extend him that would be great or they can trade him in the trade deadline for picks. It would be nice to see teams take Theo Morgan and Micheal Scarn. They are the best forwards in the league and if those two ends up on the same team, they could be contenders. Teams can go with a different approach and pick younger players. There’s many players from 3-4 shl draft ago and in 5 seasons they are going to great players. The team will struggle now but they have a better chance to compete in the longer run.

Code:

I think the USA and Canada are the favorites to win the IIHF tournament. They have been the best in the past few years and their rosters look the same. Japan made a surprising run last year. They lost in overtime in the bronze match and no one expected them to be at least top 8. I think they are going to repeat or do even better this year. They have a bunch of players from Chicago Syndicate and Buffalo Stampede, two of the best teams in the SHL. Switzerland has a good team but not much experience. This could be their breakout tournament. Czechia will try to win the gold medal. I don’t know if they got better this year. Lots of players are old on this team. Great Britain is another team who is really strong but they might fall out of the top four. I don’t think they have gotten better. Japan and Switzerland might have pass them.

Code:

The Stampede has the better defense. They have two of the best defensemans in the league with Cassius Darrow and Poopity Scoop. Alexander Selich is a superstar too and Augustus Wang had a breakout season, and could be nominated for the Scott Stevens award. Nicholas Grum had a great year and Eric Vanderberg won Bojo Biscuit trophy two years ago.

I do because home advantage is important in hockey and that’s why they both won their games at home. This will happen in the playoffs final too. If the New Orleans Specters can win a game in Buffalo that would give them a huge confident boost and Buffalo will struggle in New Orleans.

No because the Stampede has a better offense and defense. I don’t think those three attributes will help you score goals. You look at the steelhawks, they had players with size and toughness but they couldn’t score against buffalo. If you want to beat the Stampede you will need puck possession and keep shooting in the net.

The coolest animal is kirby because he’s not real and he’s animated. Real animals aren’t even cool. Kirby has a special ability he can absorb everything and transform. He has a big sword and he can be a masterchef. He's the cutest animal on earth even if he doesn’t exist in real life.

Code:

bob

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Code:

This season was an amazing success for both Ambacas Cuddles and the rest of the Carolina Kraken. The Kraken were one of the most dominant teams in the J this season and were only beaten by the Newfoundland Berserkers, who were only above the Kraken by a point. The Kraken leaned on Ambacas Cuddles heavily this season for his ability to shut down opposing offenses. He logged 21 minutes a night without getting powerplay time, showing how much ice he logged 5 on 5 and on the penalty kill. Cuddles led all defensemen on the Kraken in shorthanded time on ice as well. On top of this, Cuddles sacrificed his body for the team night in and night out, blocking over a hundred shots for a total of 102 shots blocked, as well as 78 hits. He has an extremely strong defensive game rating of 74. On top of this spectacular defensive play, Cuddles finished the season with a respectable 29 points.

Code:

I think that the expansion draft will be very interesting this season. Both GMs, Tig and Hotdog are experienced and have proved themselves to be great GMs with the Detroit Falcons for Tig and the New England Wolfpack for Hotdog. There are som very good players who will be available for both the Seattle Argonauts and the Atlanta Inferno so they will hve some interesting choices to make going into the draft. Players like Cassius Darrow, Michael Scarn, Aleister Cain, Alexander Roach, and many others will be big targets for the two expansion teams and could really help start these two new teams off on the right foot. I do not think that either team will do what the New Orleans Specters did the last time around, where they picked up several amazing players and were a top team in the league right of the back. With the FHM sim engine, it will be very difficult to compete with top teams like Buffalo, Manhattan, and Hamilton.

Code:

I do not think that expanding outside of North America is necessary for the SHL. There are still so many markets in the United States and Canada that can be filled that make much more sense to expand into for the league. Expanding into places like Sweden, Finland, Russia, etc is not necessary and does not really make sense for the immersion of the league. I would like to see some more Canadian teams in the league. I think a cool location could be Thunder Bay, which is a small market but has potential for a really cool and unique branding, but I will leave that for people who are much more creative than I am.

Code:

This is an easy question for me to answer. The obvious choice is that the Carolina Kraken were easily the best team to not make the finals. If the Kraken did not have to go up against the eventual cup winners in the Newfoundland Berserkers. The Carolina Kraken were a very strong team up and down the lineup with the best defense in the league. Ambacas Cuddles, Adam Friedland, Ben Van Dijk, Conner Hutton, Axel Foley, and Ulrik Bergstron created the strongest defensive core that the juniors have ever seen in its entire history. The Carolina Kraken truly were an amazing team and could have very easily won the cup.

Code:

I think that the international tournament this offseason will be lots of fun and wwill lead to a lot of entertaining and interesting games. The usual favorites will still be good of course. Teams like USA, Canada, Czechia, and Austria will likely perform up to their usual standards. I highly doubt that the United States will make the same mistake as they did last season, where they mistakenly did not start their superstar goalie Aleister Cain in an elimination game, causing them to be upset by Team Japan. Speaking of Team Japan, I think that the two newest teams in the IIHF, Japan and Switzerland, will have a great season, truly taking that step into becoming a B tier team. Overall though, I do not think that too much will change this time around as Team USA, Team Canada, Team Czechia, and Team Austria will remain the favorites and will probably take up the three medals this season.

Code:

poop

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Code:

I was happy with my season as it went on, i improved on pretty much everything and thought i had a decent amount of hits and blocks while still scoring over 20 points, apparently my player was pretty much shit though if you look at milestones as the only one i hit was the GWG one. a +20 to hit the +/- milestone is pretty fucking awful IMHO but it is what it is, i guess it's based off of averages so i'll just have to live with the fact that i was dogshit. Next season i'm hoping that i will do better and actually accomplish something, be that with this team or another. Who know what will happen, maybe i get traded to a good team where i can leech some points and pluses from my teammates, seeing how that wont happen here in Los Angeles. Time will tell, but i'll be back with a vengance.

Code:

I think that there will be a bunch of very shady tactics going on with player roles and such sadly. I'm betting most coaches will try to take advantage of putting everyone as the same player role etc, like some teams did in the SHL playoffs. Guess you got to exploit to get somewhere, which is really damn sad when that was exactly what we wanted to avoid with a sim engine change. Either way i think that my Japan will be good this year again, We got the MVP Monkey D Luffy, as well as a bunch of sexy people from Chicago to lead the charge. I had a decent IIHF tourny last season and i'm hoping i can help my Japanese brothers and sisters get the gold this season. We got to play in the bronze game last season despite being predicted dead last in the entire tourney, so it's going to be nice to see what we can accomplish when people are actually giving us respect.

Code:

There are a couple of people i can see get tiktok famous. Andrei is definitely one of them where he can just meme about his lost brother. He can also post a couple of real freaky dark videos of him in the woods, as we have come to be very familiar with in the Newfoundland LR. Other than that i can see myself become quiet famous in the anime parts of the tik tok universe, i've started to see quiet a lot of accounts actually doing anime reactions on the app, so perhaps i could become an anime reactor and make the big bucks with sick comments to new cool animes.

Code:

a: My vote would be Buffalo Stampede. They had a sick D core of Cassius Darrow, Poopity Scoop, Alexander Selich, who were all over 1800, as well as proven brick walls. Sure Nola had a deeper D core overall probably, but the top 3 for Buffalo was just too sexy to pass up on.

b: Not really, i can't say that i have noticed a big difference between home and away games if i have to be honest, though i haven't done any research and won't be doing any either to be honest, lol. We know that the series was even though so again, i do not know, but buffalo won so im gucci.

c: I don't think so, aggression makes you take more penalties so if anything i'd think that is a disadvantage. I don't know if bravery does much really but perhaps it does. Fighting i think is pretty useless when there aren't injuries, there won't be any fights taking place because of ugly hits that injure people.

d: Obviously Monkey D. Luffy is the best name in the finals. One Piece has shaped my life and Luffy is the main character from whomst a lot of people on this site could take some pointers from. Life shouldn't always be serious but sometimes you got to be serious and grab the bull by the horns.

Code:

Monkey D Luffy should obviously be in contention for MVP. He tied 18 points to lead the playoffs in points, and the ones he tied it with played 3 more games than him. He also had 24 hits and didn't take a single penalty. But then again his CF% rel was -1.1 so perhaps one of these award people will say he sucked, lmao. Nah Luffy is probably my bet for MVP, great season overall and i wouldn't be surprised if he won both season and playoff MVP, but people be hating on Buffalo so who knows, maybe someone from NOLA wins it lmfao.

Elizabeth Doyle would be the second one to fight for the MVP. a stellar .927, 3 shutouts and a sub 2 GAA. Sure GAA is definitely a team stat but still, it's in the goalie stat line and everyone seem to think that it's the quality of the goalie who determines it.

Code:
SUBMIT TRIVIA ANSWERS HERE

formx

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

1. This season was about the same as last for Sabo Tage. I passed my expected points however I really showed my gaps on defense which is where I should be strongest. However a minus of seventeen is never what you want to see. There are many reasons for this and of course you must look at where Tage is at in his career versus those he encounters. It isn’t the same spot. Due to the rebuilding status of the Baltimore Platoon, Young Tage has been pushed forward on the depth chart, starting the second pairing where most start the third. However a season as of this is always a lesson for you can improve on your mistakes once they are clear. I’ve got a lot of tape to go over but I think Tage will be able to improve on these stats for the upcoming season, if everything goes according to plan that is. 154

2. It should be an interesting expansion draft for sure due to the quality of players available within the league. There are teams that are guaranteed to lose 1000+ TPE players which is never a good sign for your future when you can’t trade them for futures instead. It should be very interesting to see what path a well rounded team takes, following in the footsteps of fellow expansion team New Orleans or possibly as a league regular down at rock bottom. However it is to be seen as we won’t know until their strategies become clear for the coming season. Will these teams rock the defensive depth or go for a high flying approach is up to them, however their success may not be. It should be an interesting season for sure coming up, and a new question should arise regarding parity within the league. Only time will tell however I expect more of a middling approach to the next season for these teams. 164

4. The best team not to make the finals for me would have to be the Hamilton Steelhawks. This is for the obvious reasons of course, evil genius and mastermind coach Aaron Wilson has galaxy brained the lines for the team and with the added input of Drunken Teddy it gets hard to compete. The team is stacked with high TPE and those that want to win at all costs which you need to win a cup. Now do I want them to win? Not really Im glad they’re allowing someone else to have a go, good for the blue bird team. 101

5. I think that this upcoming IIHF tournament is going to be interesting, not for who the winner will be as Canada is too much of a powerhouse now to discount, however the real race I see is who will win the Silver. There are quite a few teams in the running as usual. You can expect a challenge from Czechia as they like to compete, and you should see a performance from Austria who are in a time where competition is the goal, the assets are there and now you must perform. Another opportunist rising to the podium could be the USA who stands with a potent pool of talent and tonnes of options within. It will definitely be a battle and with the parity between these three teams its hard to pick who would go two, three down the stretch. But for my gut I have to go with Canada with Gold, Austria Silver and Czechia Bronze. 158

6. The hottest SHL tiktoker would probably be Nikolaus Klaus. I’m not sure why but he really seems like the type to do well on the platform. Im sure that he would be able to take off eventually if he put his mind to it. He probably posts music or some inspirational poses for girls, im not sure how this app works to be honest but it seems like that could be a good answer for what theyre doing on there. Oh also the memes as he must do memes to be relatable? Im not sure, but hey I guess he will figure it out eventually. 105

Trivia Code: Glyceru
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2020, 12:00 AM by RedCapeDiver.)

Code:

I am very happy with my players performance in his rookie season. He got 5 goals 16 assists for 21 points, was a +3, 72 hits and 55 shots blocked. and all with only 16 minutes per game. I had an exactly 100 PDO, 2.6 GF/60 and 2.6 GA/60. 32.9 SF/60 and 32.8 SA/60. only a -1% CF% rel and -1.8 FF% rel. and the reason i am happy about all of this is that he wasn't a liability on defence, which was my fear as most rookies had a very low +/- rating. Now i wish we could have taken a game or two off of Edmonton in the playoffs, but just making those is a great accomplishment for us.
Next season i am working on all aspects of my game, offensive and defensive, and i will continue to learn alot from playing for Norway in the IIHF tournament

Code:

So given that the expansion draft has already happened at the time of me writing this post i am going to use this time to reflect on both of the teams
First up is Tig and the Seattle Argonauts. Seattle had the opening pick of the draft, and suprised no one by selecting Cassius Darrow, the 2058 TPE defenseman from Buffalo. Cassius Darrow was easily the best player available in the draft. and on top of Darrow, Tig also went on to draft a total of 7 Defenseman in the draft which i think is the strong point of his team. They are going to do their best to keep the puck out of the net
The other team drafting was hotdogs team of the Atlanta Inferno who also i feel like had a great draft, hotdog took a good variety of young and veteran players, taking Keith Lee and Guy O'Shea with his first two picks and Carlos Brown and Veteran Manuel Gotze with the following two. Hotdog was also the first team to select a goalie by picking Samat Beibitzhanov with his 5th, giving him a starting goalie for quite a few seasons to come
Time will tell who had the better draft

Code:

This one is easy, its obviously the Texas Renegades. We are a bunch of young and ambitious players who will come back with a vengeance. also we don't cause drama like the rest of our conference i guess does so we will walk all over them in the playoffs next season.

But really though we have a bunch of growing plays, we are adding 4 rookies this season and will be a force to reckon with in the seasons to come. With some of the top team in our divisions losing some strong players i think we will have a good chance at making it far in the playoffs. Im calling it now, Texas will have a Cup by S60

Code:

I both think and hope that Norway will surprise alot of people this IIHF tournament. we have alot of younger players who are continuing to grow, as well as a solid D core and goaltending tandem. and as they say Defense wins championships. Both of our goalies (Peter Larson, Cillian Kavanagh) and  have crossed the 1K TPE mark, and so have our top 4 defenseman (Karlstrabe Scholz, Samuel Michaud, Tor Tuck, and Adam Scianna). and our top 6 forwards arent slouches either. we will be going into the tournament with 3 forwards over 1600 TPE, with Andreas Kvalheim and Eko Van Otter leading the way with 2042 and 1933 respectivly. our only weakness is our depth on D. We have 1 rookie S56 players joining our roster in Slava Petrov as well as other players still playing on their junior teams, but they still have heart and have given us some needed goal scoring in the past

Code:

Congrats for the Buffalo Stampede who beat the New Orleanes Spectres in 7 game, but i think that the Playoff MVP for this series has to go to Elizabeth Doyle. Throughout the playoffs Doyle ended with an unreal 92.7 save% and only 1.86 GAA. but a big factor on that was also the Buffalo Stampede's strong defense. in the 17 games she played Elizabeth Doyle faced 440 shots with 408 saves where the New Orleanes starting goalis of Alister Cain in 20 games faced 764 shots saving 701 of them for a 91.8% save percentage and 3.07 GAA

Code:

Potato

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights