Create Account

S70 PT #0: Otherworldly Forecheck Due: March 26th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Prompt 2:

Death and I are going to be having a classic shot accuracy contest. Who's the best sniper between the two of us? That's easy: Lambert. Let me tell you why. Death, being so confident after centuries of doing his job to a T, would decide to be cocky and use his scythe to shoot instead of an actual hockey stick. He's never played hockey, so he thinks it will work on the same principle. It won't. He'll throw an absolute missile 20 feet to the left of the net and realize what a mistake he made. Lambert sends a light but accurate shot on the net that's going straight in (since he bribed the goalie before obviously). Death will start sobbing uncontrollably after realizing his own limitations and the consequences of his hubris. Or maybe he just absolutely smokes Lambert. I guess there's only one way to find out. Maybe the comp will be picked up by ABC or TNT! It'll probably just be on ESPN+ instead though.

[Image: I1sSxD7.gif]

It is impossible to determine the exact skill set that Grim Reaper would possess. But, if we assume that the Grim Reaper is challenging someone in a skill competition, the best way to win would be to choose something that I am skilled at. Seeing as I have spent a large portion of my life working in restaurants and a lot of that behind a bar I think I would challenge him or her to an original cocktail competition. I am not sure that he or she would have the appropriate grasp of flavour combinations that appeal to the average human so would choose a panel of judges from throughout the culinary world. Another thing to note is that death is depicted as a skeleton and therefore would not posses taste buds and thus would find it difficult to know what goes well with what and would not even be able to try ingredients to get a general idea.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Prompt 1:

Ryosuke Sato has passed an was reincarnated into an alternate dimension in which the people seem to have forgotten all about hockey, or potentially in this reality it was never a thing to being with! Everything else was exactly the same. There was lacrosse and field hockey, but it seems no one had the idea of bringing the stick and puck to the ice. And so, to begin reintroducing the game to the masses, Sato starts a company where he manufactures both sticks and pucks first and starts a mass marketing campaign on the latest social media. In particular, he began doing crazy tricks with the puck and hockey stick on figure skating skates since those were the only ones that existed. Then, as a small league of people that were interested began, games would be played locally and filmed and marketed out as well to eventually expand the game's reach to a larger place. At the end, the goal is to make the game the exact same as it started.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Prompt 1:

Finding myself in a new world would be very scary at first, but assuming I wanted to rebuild the game of hockey in this new place, the first thing I would do is find my way to a cold place, wherever there is either long winters or snow year round. Depending on how things are there, the by far easiest way to build the first hockey rink would just be either on a lake or pond, or flooding some land in a place that is below 0 C. After that we need to get some gear together. A net is pretty simple, bend some pipe, or build a squared frame out of wooden posts, and then attach a fishing net or build a custom netting etc. Won't be perfect but it works, then you got to get a puck, if there is rubber we good, otherwise gonna need to be a little creative, maybe wrap a small/medium rock in some kind of plant fiber? Not sure... Then sticks... that one is a bit tough, but I guess we just go back to wooden sticks and figure that part out as we go. Skates... Shoes with knives, I am sure we can get those together with some help. THEN we start teaching kids for free how to skate, and then how to play, and slowly it will spread Smile

In a tragic accident, Andreas Kvalheim has been hit by a truck outside of the Texas Renegades home arena and been isekai'd into the world of Mushoku Tensei - the original isekai itself. Weirdly, the Man God has given Andreas a very specific instruction - to introduce the sport of hockey into this new world. Andreas has no clue how this might fit into the Man God's plans but who is he to question the words of a deity. Fortunately, Andreas is transported into this new world as his current self and not as a newborn baby which would make it quite difficult to accomplish his goal quickly. Ice is the biggest hurdle to playing hockey, and fortunately in a world of magic and mages, that shouldn't present as much of a concern. Therefore, Andreas would start by learning magic with the goal of becoming an intermediate-tier mage which he thinks would be sufficient to generate ice.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Prompt 1

Explaining hockey in a place that it doesn't exist without any of the things. Well I suppose ice would be out as I probably wouldn't have the means to create skates. So hockey is a sport where it's five on five but there is a goalkeeper. But make the goal much smaller than in soccer. We will all get some hitting sticks that we can hit a grounded item with like a pine cone or a biscuit. No, something heavier but not a rock, maybe a lighter baseball, or a golf ball. Actually yea let's just use golf clubs too. Now we need to use our clubs to hit the ball in the goal. Oh crap our goalie is concussed, we need to give them some pads to protect themselves. We can also hit each other but not too bad or we will have to fight until one of us falls down or slips. But we have to take our gloves off before fighting. Okay now let's add roller skates and walls to he side that we can push each other into and fight some more. We will also have subs in case we get tired.

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Prompt 1

So the first problem I need to solve for this, is if ice does exist or not. Could be tricky to play hockey without ice being known to the universe. So let's just assume ice exists and it's no problem to get on frozen water. To explain hockey, you first have to start with sticks and a puck. Sticks should not be any problem, as trees grow branches that can be used for sticks just for showcasing. A puck could be kind of tricky though, as it has to be hard and small, it shouldn't break that easily. Let's just show it with an unopened can of thuna or something like that. Not ideal, but you get the jist of how a puck looks like. Then, you need to create boundaries of any kind, let's just start off without a wall. Well, wait, we can either just assume we have saktes or we do it on solid ground, in a gym or something to have walls. I think I lost anyone who listened by that, and will never again be able to play my beloved hockey.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

ISFL Affidavit

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

ISFL affiliate, username thecanadiancanuck

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Facing off against Death for the right to stay in my own world? I think Noel would have a few options to beat him with, as I'm pretty sure Death isn't exactly a renowned hockey player. We need to take Death's physical makeup into account here too, he is pretty much just a bony cloaked figure. I'm not sure what kind of hands or how good of a shot he would have, so maybe a stick handling competition, or a shootout competition or something. I'm sure Death would probably have a hard time scoring on an SHL goaltender. We could also go at it in a hardest shot competition. As far as I know the guy doesn't have any muscle whatsoever so I'm sure Noel could rip a clap bomb harder than Death could. I think I would go with that option and hope that Death's mystical magic strength is limited.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

I've been reading this science fiction book series "Three-Body Problem" by a chinese writer called Liu Cixin that I recommend to everyone who likes sci-fi. Well in that book there's a race called Trisolarians that broadcast their thoughts telepathically and hence don't know the meaning of deceptions as such and so when Lemo tries to teach them hockey it will truly be a game of pure skill when played between trisolarians who are unable to hide their intentions from their opponents minds. Every deke and every shot will be read and reacted upon as it is articulated by a player's mind and the abilities to shoot with ever increasing accuracy and to improvise plays ever more spontaneously will determine which side will come out on top. I have yet to make it far enough through the books to be able to accurately describe the actual physical form of the trisolarians, but I'm sure they have a tentacle or two to grab hold of a hockey stick or two somewhere on their persons alright.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

Simmer PT Pass

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

WRITTEN TASK: Tell me how you would explain hockey to your friends in the other world? What do you use for gear? What do you use as a rink? Does it catch on? Would you change the rules? Go nuts!

So immediately to begin the game I would explain we need a person to stop any shots from the item i would designate as the puck. I would pick a ball as In street hockey you usually use a ball instead! So with the ball I would ask them If they had any sticks we could use that would be able to hit the ball well enough. IF not Id have us build some sticks from wood and really making them simple as a piece of wood with a straight piece of wood at the bottom like a L shape as no need to make the toe of the stick just yet. Keeping It simple Id also Have the goalie wear a mask of some kind anything would work really as want to cover his face. Then with that I'd set up the net using Desk that they had that was big enough to also have the space for the goalie to have makeshift pipes, but really just poles of the desk if that makes sense. So then with that I would explain to my friends. So you need to score on the opposing net that wasn't your own. As If this person is your goalie you protect him and the other goalie you score on him. I would of course keep the rules simple as I would say no excessive hitting.

[Image: Dusty_new_sig_with_the_pride.png]

Hey guys, so let me introduce you to one of the greatest sports on earth - hockey! It's played on a flat surface, usually made of ice, where two teams battle it out to score goals by shooting a rubber puck into the opponent's net using sticks. It's a fast-paced game that requires speed, agility, and a lot of teamwork.

To play hockey, you need some gear, including skates, pads, helmets, and gloves. And for the rink, we can use any flat surface with a boundary marked out - it doesn't have to be ice, we can even play on a street or a field if necessary.

Now, since hockey might not be familiar to you guys, we can tweak the rules a bit to make it more exciting. We could have more players on the ice or use a ball instead of a puck. We could even allow the use of feet or hands, or introduce some magical elements to make it more fun.

Trust me, once you get into it, hockey is addictive. It's a great way to bond with friends and even make some new ones. And who knows, maybe one day we could even form our own league and start playing competitively.

So, what do you say? Let's get our gear and hit the ice for some hockey!

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature