Create Account

S47 SMJHL PT 2 - Underneath the Equipment

Siberia Sports Presents:  Off The Ice with Mika Kandinsky

For all of the skill and flash the big rookie center for the St. Louis Scarecrows has, you wouldn't know it by his off ice demeanor.  Sure, he is hard working as any athlete, but that comes with the territory.  It's his relaxed attitude and positivity about the hard work that really stands out about him.  Those that hang around him in the locker room note that he has a positive and excited attitude day in and day out.

Perhaps it's hard not to be relaxed when you come from such a harsh background.  Mika grew up in Siberia Russia, a harsh place to grow up and train.  This shaped his personality and gave him a resistance to hardships.  The SMJHL is a little bit easier of an environment.  When you spend time with Mika you notice that he isn't too concerned or interested in stresses or things outside of his control.  If he wasn't so competitive I'd say he could be described as laid back.  It couldn't be more opposite of how he is on the ice.  He is a confident young man who was raised well by his parents in Siberia.  He's also one to get into some mischief when he can get away with it.  

Mika is also a little bit superstitious in that he takes a half a shot of vodka for good luck before every game, a tradition he developed back home in Russia.  So far he hasn't been able to convince anyone else in the locker room to partake.  "I don't know why nobody wants to try it, they all look at me like I'm crazy." He told me after a recent game.  His teammates get a kick out of his habit but they don't think too much about it as long as he continues to play well.  

Laid back off the ice, and a fierce competitor on the ice, he has found a good home with his new team after the draft.  The team is happy he's playing well, but also equally as happy to have a positive and upbeat teammate to hang around with in the locker room.

Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows 

Code:
380 words

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S47 SMJHL PT 2 - Underneath the Equipment - by Mika_Kandinsky - 04-30-2019, 02:25 PM