Create Account

Jimmy Slothface Half Season Update - Potential Richan Nom?

So since you asked nicely.

Here is my richan nom approach.

For forwards I tend to keep it simple, I am looking for big ratio improvements from previous years. Traditionally the ratios needed seem to be between 1.8 and 3.

For defenders that are above 1.6ish I'll also check some of the defender stats, shot blocks and hits. To see if there have some big trends.

Also if someone hits a big milestone number for the first time say 50 points, 200 hits, or 80 shotblocks. If they have also had a big points improvement I might also consider them, even if their ratio was lower.

For me personally. Once you have a few seasons of 35+ points I kinda discount you because I tend toward the breakout aspect of this award as well as most improved, ie. You have already landed on the scene. The same applies to lower point total players with big improvements. Like 5 points to 20 is a huge improvement, but I don't feel you have Broken out yet(although for a dfd with big other stats might still get the nod).

Hope that is interesting. Also. I am happy for people to critique what I have said above. But keep in mind this is one of the two super heavy judgement awards and tends to have a lot of interesting divergence by the committee.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jimmy Slothface Half Season Update - Potential Richan Nom? - by Tomasnz - 10-14-2019, 04:28 PM