Create Account

Stop the Bias Against non-Photoshop Users
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 01:50 PM by RainDelay.)

01-02-2020, 01:37 PMhewasajazzman Wrote: @RainDelay to be honest, and i in no way mean any offense here, ive seen sigs that i believe are more cohesive and technically skilled receive a 2/5 from other graders. i most definitely took that WAY too heavily into account when i was grading your submission and for that i am sorry. i had originally thought to grade yours at 2/5, with some bonuses for the better ones, but felt that those grades would not be on par with some of the others ive seen. i gave the bonuses on top of the 1/5 for all 4 sigs so that they would pay out just under a 2/5 for that reason.

i absolutely see the work you did to your submissions, however i did feel like only a small percentage of that work landed in a way that enhanced the sig. as i described in your critique i also felt as if some of that work actually took away from the sigs, like the lens flare on izzy’s neck. ive had a discussion with my other team members and it was sort of agreed upon that whats more important is that the elements are there and that i am more or less here to suggest ways to control those elements. again, thats my bad.

right after i graded this submission i took a look at your next submission and noticed some major improvement. please do not give up on graphics as i can see that things are starting to come together for you and you will only get better and better.

Hey man, thanks for responding! I appreciate the explanation and as you know I meant nothing against YOU or your team I just felt like I was wronged because of what I’m used to getting and the amount of work I put in.

I took it to arbitration so that’s that and thanks for noticing my improvement! Even if it just gets bumped up to 2/5 and maybe one 3 id be fine. Thanks for acknowledging that it might’ve been a little low.

And don’t worry, I’m definitely not giving up! I do gfx all the time and I plan on making draft sigs for both this league and the NSFL as well!

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop the Bias Against non-Photoshop Users - by RainDelay - 01-02-2020, 01:49 PM