Create Account

HAM Punishment and Ruling on Draftee Signings

08-21-2021, 12:38 AMToast Wrote:
08-21-2021, 12:21 AMLeafs4ever Wrote: 1. We just felt time was of the essence in this situation.
2. Punishment was based off a prior punishment related to missed GM tasks, but added on the probation and went from 1 day late to 3 days late because there were 3 prospects.
3. There was discussion about their 2nd being so late, yes. I'm not sure how to respond to the second part. What if the current GMs are still GMs by that time?
4. They signed their prospects before the deadline, that was more important. The reason for the rule in the first place was to stop GMs from hording players. It's very clear that wasn't the case here.
5. Again, not really sure how to answer this one either. However, Nour and Luke are the leaders of this league. If they don't like how this played out they are free to change it to something else.

1. How do the Owners decide when to step in? I understand this was a time sensitive matter but with Teddy saying there was a clear difference of opinions here between HO/Owners makes me and others believe this was to protect a team. Why?

2/3. I can understand this reasoning but disagree that it should've been dealt over a calendar year from now. Hamilton has always benefited from the culture it has built and I'm fairly confident in this timeframe we'll see new management that have to deal with this instead.

4. Going forward are Discord DM screenshots evidence of meeting specific rules? If that's the case how does HO/the Owners intend to ensure these screenshots have not been edited?

5. After this situation I feel this isn't the case.

1. I was alerted by the group to join the discussion and it went from there.
2/3. I don't think you can make decisions based on if a GM will be there or not. You can use that reasoning for every punishment because no one knows if a GM will in place by any specific time.
4. On site PMs, Discord DMs are the same thing. PM contract agreements have always been the standard. Listen, you can forge anything if you're good enough. If any of the prospects want to come forward and claim the GMs doctored the screenshots, we would welcome them with open arms. If that were ever the case, every book would be through at the culprits.
5. I mean, we've overturned HO decisions before during appeal processes. Outside of this one taking place before a ruling was announced, I don't see why anything would make you feel like that's not the case.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: HAM Punishment and Ruling on Draftee Signings - by Leafs4ever - 08-21-2021, 12:44 AM