Create Account

Winnipeg Aurora + Rangerjase Punishment

11-04-2021, 11:45 AMSpartan Wrote:
11-04-2021, 11:37 AMACapitalChicago Wrote: Yeah basically this. I've also been concerned with the slow decline of application quantities, that's something that's really unfortunate to see. However, it doesn't make sense to punish one GM with probation because they're already in the position, then not even a week later (despite sitting on it for so long) to not punish another GM with it because they're new and you're worried about future applications. Finn also brings up a good point that you should probably handle the immediate problem first and then move on to preventative future measures

I'm not very active in this league, but I've mentioned a few times in LR's that punishments for GM's with rule infringements seem a bit harsh for seemingly first and second offenses, or for GM's inheriting a new team. I obviously don't know full context, so there are probably many instances where the punishments are fair, but considering how most of these team punishment threads get, it seems like overall, punishments for non-behavioral rule infringements seem overly harsh. Even in WJC, there were instances of harsh punishments, but those got scaled back because everyone thought they were excessive. Maybe if the book wasn't thrown at GM's for seemingly minor rule infractions, more people would be interested in GM'ing knowing that they won't lose millions or be put on probation for something as small as say goalie starts that can be made up the next season, or in playoffs.

I think you're really hitting the nail on the head a bit there. I think especially the attention drawn to how non-behavioral punishments can be overly harsh is right on the money. Speaking from my own personal experience in J HO, it really sucks sometimes to be pigeonholed into a punishment because that's what the rulebook says. Even if we know it's a simple mistake and wasn't done maliciously, we still have to apply the rulebook to be fair and consistent. However, at the risk of being wishy washy, we still do have to punish those so as to ensure the rules aren't free to be broken without care. I guess what I'm saying is I think we really gotta listen to those rumblings and probably take a look at rewriting the rulebook again, at least for the J, and oh boy is that gonna be fun

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Messages In This Thread
Winnipeg Aurora + Rangerjase Punishment - by nour - 11-04-2021, 02:32 AM
RE: Winnipeg Aurora + Rangerjase Punishment - by ACapitalChicago - 11-04-2021, 11:55 AM