Create Account

Winnipeg Aurora + Rangerjase Punishment

11-05-2021, 04:32 PMluketd Wrote: Damn you really like to be passive aggressive dont you. If you refer to me having Vertigo as the main goalie in the budget. I had to look at your budget sheet because I did not have access to GM tasks, where it did not denote who was the backup goalie, and they both made the same money. So What I took is that the top goalie was the main goalie and the bottom goalie was the backup goalie. I was not aware who was the backup until you tagged me where I responded 1 minute later. So I dont know why you threw that in, maybe as a jab? Maybe you should really want start shit in the budget channel and not in the GM channel
You looked at our budget, which is sorted in our own manner, because you turned down a sheet from HO that would have specifically listed out every team's proper backup goalie. If you had accepted that sheet, not only would you have gotten our backup correct, you would have gotten Atlanta's as well. You weren't aware because you refused a resource that would have solved all of this in the first place.

You're right, maybe I should call you out in the budget sheet instead. Far be it from me to let other teams know they should probably check their backups instead of starting shit with you. My bad.

11-05-2021, 04:32 PMluketd Wrote: But to the main thing, which is GM's not having PT Passes I am just against it. The whole point for me as a GM is to lead your team, both as a GM and as a player. You want to set the example of being a good player. If all GMs get PT passes, how will the reflect on the league. 40 SHL GM's + 28 SMJHL GM's dont get to do PT's. I dont want to be the ISFL where they throw around PT passes like its Candy. I know the work that goes into being a GM, and yet everyone still does PT's and CW's. And it's not we suffer so they suffer, how long do PT's take, 5? 10 miuntes? CW is an hour? Its not that long of a time to earn TPE.
Yes, GMs need to set a good example. But the league also needs to set an example by doing better by their GMs. We'll agree to disagree on the overall PT pass, yet I like how you equate GMs getting a pass to "throwing passes out like candy." Just because GMs would get it doesn't mean that every other job should get it. Its about the workload the job requires, which is part of why simmers get one now. But disregarding that, why are you so against a CW pass? Its one thing, one task. Yes, it takes an hour to do, but for GMs who have a lot of other shit to be doing that week, it is such a menial time waster that getting a CW pass would be the smallest fucking bone for GMs to not have to worry about doing it every season. It may not be that much time to you, but to some people, that one hour is a lot out of their week. Especially for people who already put in an incredible amount of time into a fake hockey league job.

11-05-2021, 04:32 PMluketd Wrote: For the actual Minnesota job, I mean who really wants to take a job in Minnesota? A team that has been at the bottom of the league for the past 10+ seasons. Mostly it comes down to the internal candidates on it, and Muted will do a good job, he is passionate for Minnesota and I really do hope he will do a good job.
This only helps my point. You actually specifically point out why this should be an attractive position in the next point you tried to make here -

Quote:Lets be honest here, people want to be GM's because they want to make their mark on the league and they think that they can build a great team.
The Minnesota job is/was the perfect opportunity for someone to come in and make it their own, to build a team essentially from the ground up and make something special out of it. Yet I'm fairly certain that Muted only applied because nobody else did, and he didn't want to see Minnesota fucked over.

11-05-2021, 04:32 PMluketd Wrote: I know when we had apps out for GM's, we had plently of people apply, and were qualified/ we thought they would make good GM's. What it goes down to is internal candidates usually get the job 99% of the time. So thats why there are a handful of applications for GM's, and with expansion there are like 5-8 qualified users.
If the first sentence was true, Muted wouldn't be the GM of Minnesota. He'd still be in Detroit. Internal candidates tend to get it when they're able to prove in their application and demeanor that they'd be able to handle the position at least on an even level to outside hires. SHL expansion if I remember correctly was a mix of current GMs from the J and SHL Co-GMs, so that point you tried to make is yet again moot because it isn't people applying who haven't been GMs before, or have a little experience with it. It is mostly current GMs (or fired ex-GMs) who enjoy being in management and want the opportunity to build their own brand/organization. But that's a different conversation.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Messages In This Thread
Winnipeg Aurora + Rangerjase Punishment - by nour - 11-04-2021, 02:32 AM
RE: Winnipeg Aurora + Rangerjase Punishment - by FuzzSHL - 11-05-2021, 11:52 PM