Create Account

What does a successful goalie in the SHL look like?

01-21-2022, 03:47 PMhonkerrs Wrote: goalies are probably the smartest position in this league tbh, nice job taking the time to do all this.  just a bit of a curiosity though, did you just guesstimate tpe levels from previous seasons or do we actually have that info now?

im sure @Duff101 could prob add more to this convo.

Another thing to take into account is i think goalies started to matter a tiny bit more after update scale change a few seasons ago. could be another thing to look at too if youre ever bored

you could compare that save percentage vs tpe graph against points vs tpe for forwards and id imagine its much more significant for forwards than goalies. at the end of the day, thats the problem (?) with fhm i suppose, maybe future sims it will change

For the TPE levels I figured out the start date and end date for each season then went through each update thread to find what they were at at each point, so while they're probably not 100% perfect I'm confident that they're accurate enough to be able to paint a good picture.

For the update scale I didn't even consider that since the goalie scale stayed the same, but that's true, all the skaters changing would absolutely have a big effect on how goalies perform at certain TPE levels and on certain teams. Definitely could be something worth looking into, I like it.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What does a successful goalie in the SHL look like? - by Matteo - 01-22-2022, 02:07 PM