Create Account

S65 PT #0: Close Encounters of the Sixty-Fifth Kind

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

HOCKEY PROMPT - You wake up to a deafening screech and a piercing purple light. Above your bed you see, as though through a thousand eyes at once, hockey games being played in a world you've never seen, by players you've never heard of, for teams with outlandish names like the "Leafs" (???) Your brain is instantly able to absorb everything there is to know about this alternate dimension hockey league known as the "NHL" and you're stricken by some similarities.

Written Task: Who is your team's parallel universe doppelganger? What team from this mysterious "NHL" is your SHL team most like? Why? Think more about team composition or stage of competitiveness in your upcoming S65, not just Calgary Dragons so Calgary Flames, you know? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me your player gazing into the void. What NHL hockey related thing shakes them to their core?

PLAYER PROMPT- OK, a screaming purple void is a little farfetched. Maybe you don't want to get that crazy. However, all of us have a weird or wild story from some point in our lives, something that's hard to believe is true. So what is your player's?  

Written Task:  Tell me about the coolest or weirdest thing that has ever happened to your player. Maybe it's hockey related, maybe it's not, but I want to give you a chance to add to your player's cannon. What's their most interesting story? Do they tell it to everyone for a laugh? Or is it something they keep on the hush? Get creative with this! (150+ words)

Graphic Task:- Show me your player at the time of their best story. The more over-the-top the better!

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, May 15th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=665ea534&is=665d53b4&hm=80...8cd6be61d&]

Messages In This Thread
S65 PT #0: Close Encounters of the Sixty-Fifth Kind - by leviadan - 05-08-2022, 11:59 PM