Create Account

State of the Russian Federation: Goaltenders
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2023, 03:52 PM by Duff101. Edited 1 time in total.)

04-11-2023, 03:33 PMleafsftw1967 Wrote: I appreciate your input and agree that it would be important not to further damage the Fed Head's/players' ability to succeed in the IHF while finding a way to remove Russia's symbolism that represents a lot of messed up things.

I expressed that kind of as a more general opinion on why it’s not as easy as just changing a name, but I would also add that I think there is a little more to this than just removing Russia because they are bad. In the modern world, where you’re from is to some extent part of your identity. I am sure the vast majority of us have had the privilege of not living under real authoritarianism or living in a society where propaganda pervades nearly every part of life (I dont want to hear how america is like this because it isn’t) so it’s hard to understand that Russian people aren’t monolithic just because they aren’t all collectively taking up arms and heading for the hills. Playing for Russia can mean more than playing for Putin and the current regime.

I’d like to add an addendum that the whole OAR thing felt like a performative nonpunishment in the real world so I would be kinda opposed to that here on similar grounds.
Also wasn’t that for cheating?

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

Messages In This Thread
RE: State of the Russian Federation: Goaltenders - by Duff101 - 04-11-2023, 03:50 PM