Create Account

State of the Russian Federation: Goaltenders

04-13-2023, 03:34 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: As a fed head, i can tell you we're not going to do that. The season is a week long and our biggest issue is that people don't care that much. We cant give us enough time without making SHL seasons last even longer.

Adding onto this just to say, many of us are able to do this job in the first place (regardless of how enthusiastic we are about it) because it is not a huge time commitment. Turning it into just a "who can recruit the most people" version of the SHL, I am almost certain, would immediately kill a lot of the interest and/or ability from current fed heads to do the job anymore (myself included). I am just wholly uninterested in participating in a space that's just "all the same social pods from the SHL but it's different now because we're calling it something different and everybody is a free agent instead of getting drafted."

To address points from several of your other posts - I don't think anybody in here is saying "we don't care about the people that all the other countries have hurt." What we're trying to address right now is that members of our community have come to us and told us that some of the imagery and branding here is actively causing them significant pain and distress due to the immediate, daily danger that imagery and branding represents to them and their loved ones.

If someone had stepped up and asked about any of these other nations before now, we would have taken that just as seriously, but the fact that no one brought any of it up until Darian and Yosuf asked about Russia indicates to me that people are only using those questions/criticisms as reasons why we shouldn't be doing anything about Russia.

If people genuinely want to have discussions about the ethics of placing teams in Canada or Florida etc, I'm fully open to that, but so far in this thread, all I have seen is people using this "all countries do shitty things!" as a reason to dismiss people in our community asking us to consider something that is deeply personally relevant to them on a daily basis.

We are not talking about making moral judgments about what is the "worst" country here, we are not trying to have some kind of ethics Olympics to decide whose country deserves to exist or not. We are talking about making a minor change because we are being told that the status quo is actively harmful to specific members of our community. And yes, we would make that consideration whether they were European or not, and no, I don't know what the "statute of limitations" is, but the point I think boom was trying to make is that these people have told us, that this is genuinely a detriment to their mental health and their ability to enjoy participating in a community they've been a part of for over a decade because of the way it represents the daily physical danger their family is in right now.

The fact that other people have been harmed by other countries is not an excuse to say "well, sorry guys, can't help you out here because of all the hypothetical people who might also be upset but haven't mentioned it yet."

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Messages In This Thread
RE: State of the Russian Federation: Goaltenders - by sköldpaddor - 04-13-2023, 04:04 PM