Create Account

How much do you enjoy the SHL right now?

05-18-2023, 11:28 AMluke Wrote: [Image: IMG_0805.png]

Tell me which team is like LAK. The only 8th seed to win the Stanley Cup. If the 11/12 LAK team was put down to 66 games they would go 32-22-12. Which is the EDM/NOLA this season

When the 8th seed in the shl is below .400 win% because they are tanking, you think they can win? BAP almost beat ATL this season in the 1st round.

We usually have about 12 teams go above .500 each season. Do I think 12th OA can get to the finals? Yes I do

Look at Manhattan S67 and S68 as proof. 9th in the league, made it to the finals. Both went to 7 games. Now if the 16th team is above .500, and with goalie luck, I think they could win the 1st round if not more.
In the last 15 seasons in the SHL, the team to lead the league in points has won seven Cups, lost in the finals twice, conference finals five times, and the semifinals once. For comparison's sake in the last 15 seasons in the NHL, the President's Trophy winner has won the Cup once, lost in the finals once, lost in the conference finals once, lost in the semifinals seven times, and the quarterfinals five times.

It should not be an almost 50% chance to win the Cup, 60% chance to make it to the finals, and 93% chance to make it to the conference finals. Especially when we look at the league that is closest to the SHL and it has an 80% chance to not even make it to the conference finals if you win the President's Trophy.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much do you enjoy the SHL right now? - by 39alaska39 - 05-18-2023, 12:18 PM