Create Account

How much do you enjoy the SHL right now?
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2023, 12:49 PM by Zerg. Edited 1 time in total.)

Love to see this kind of discussion!

Coming off my first season as PT director, I agree the process needs some overhaul. Here's where I'm at right now:

I agree with the takes that weekly writing prompts are good. They're not THAT hard to keep from getting repetitive, they're predictable, and they provide a steady stream of TPE throughout a season. I'm open to ideas for replacing or augmenting them, but I'm happy with them as they stand right now.

I don't like the idea of putting more TPE into fantasy. This is in part for selfish reasons - I suck soccer balls at fantasy and don't play it for real hockey, let alone SHL hockey. It's a dreadfully frustrating experience when you're bad at it. More objectively, I dislike the idea of TPE attached to random outcomes. Max earning should be about persistence and consistency, not guessing the right fantasy players. I do not plan to remove TPE from fantasy (even if I had that authority), but I have very little appetite for increasing that TPE.

Season predictions do have the same problem, but it's a lot less effort wasted if you're bad at season predictions, thus less frustrating. Predictions tasks are also our more popular ones, so changing them would be a hard sell.

I agree that championship week needs a change. No further comment on that at this time. Wink

Feel free to hit me up here or on discord with any ideas or comments!

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much do you enjoy the SHL right now? - by Zerg - 05-20-2023, 12:47 PM