Create Account

How much do you enjoy the SHL right now?

05-20-2023, 06:07 PMspooked Wrote: As a GM, I never understood the MO for that change to be honest. I think the reasoning was that it forced people to deal with cap issues earlier so cup windows were shorter to help turnover the top end of the league... but I don't really see how that plays out in principle when the top tier only starts at 1600... a couple of seasons from peak TPE... and when we have 3 season max terms. It kind of just feels like it kneecaps teams coming into contention earlier in their cycle and forces teams to deal with the cap before they even accomplish anything? It also is oddly advantageous in a minor way of already good teams because we somehow kept the regression cap drop legal even with the signing freeze somehow allowing you to claim the below tier contract despite not being below the tier when the contract is agreed. We are supposed to be watching if people claim back above and adjust it, but if you just wait to claim the tpe until later in the season I don't see us putting their contract up a tier midseason if it would cap crunch the team, maybe I am wrong though.
The reasoning is because it’s necessary to enforce the actual minimum salary values established by the league decades ago. It has nothing to do with crunching anyone’s cup window. Signing players to long term deals at a lower TPE tier was a clever loophole, and this is our patch for that.

Please keep in mind these are minimum contract values. Cap adjustments can easily be avoided with contracts paid at market value.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much do you enjoy the SHL right now? - by WannabeFinn - 05-20-2023, 06:28 PM