Create Account

S73 PT#5: I'm Gonna Win The Cupyright
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2023, 02:54 AM by bbjygm. Edited 2 times in total.)

In the legal battle about @micool132's trademark phrase, I'd first argue that it was not used in the context of professional hockey because our team is well known around the league and the fans to be highly unprofessional. If that doesn't work, I'd argue that since Hodor was the one saying it, it was uniquely unrecognizable as the offending phrase in question. Who would really know "I'm gonna win the cup" was what was being said? This can probably be countered with the fact that it was displayed on screen as subtitles for the interview. Then I'd argue that there is no way the people closed captioning the segment knew what it really meant, which would probably be countered by a signed form by a representative of the team that affirmed the captions were true to the best of our knowledge. Then I'd probably just start repeating "I'm gonna win the case" over and over until they gave up and it became a true statement.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Messages In This Thread
S73 PT#5: I'm Gonna Win The Cupyright - by Zerg - 10-30-2023, 10:32 AM
RE: S73 PT#5: I'm Gonna Win The Cupyright - by bbjygm - 11-06-2023, 02:48 AM